“Dinner with nice show”

Old Chiangmai Cultural Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A chance to experience a traditional northern Thai style khantoke dinner with both Lanna cultural dancing shows and original hill-tribe culture shows Our khantoke dinner includes the following dishes Crispy pumpkin as our appetizer and the main course as follows: 1.Tomato chilli paste with chicken 2.Green chilli paste (omitted for foreigners due to spiciness however may be requested) 3.Burmese/Lanna pork curry 4.Crispy Pork 5.Fried Chicken 6.Stir fried vegetables 7.Sweet crispy noodles Served with fresh and boiled vegetables with the both the option of sticky rice and white rice. Desert is fresh watermelon and pineapple and the choice of either coffee or tea. No other drinks are included Each khantoke is a buffet style dinner with the dishes refilled by our serving staff. All our guests have to do is sit back, relax enjoy the food, live northern Thai music, and our shows!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely evening at the old Chiang Mai cultural center where we were treated with a delicious typical dinner and a nice display of traditional dances and music.
Maybe a bit pricey, but definitely worth it.

All reviews
"stage"
in 26 reviews
"fingernails"

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Go with an appetite. They will serve you until you burst. The food is great.
If you choose the option of sitting on the floor be prepared because it is uncomfortable but makes it a unique experience. Also I would suggest if you wear a dress or skirt wear it ankle length because that adds to the discomfort.
I would say if there was anything that ruined this show it was the audience. Most people showed up 30-45 min late which made dinner run into the show so they were trying to clean up and clear up booze bills while the performance was happening and the audience was super loud, engaged in their own conversations so I didn't hear a single bit of the cultural information that was presented before each dance. I would suggest they they try to dim the lights to see if that quiets people or get a louder speaker system.

1  Thank Scarlet L
Reviewed 17 March 2018

I heard about it from 1,000 Places to See Before you Die, and none of my friends had it done before, so I was a little on the fence about this at the beginning, but I'm really glad we signed up for it. It was a little challenging getting there from our hotel because the cab drivers didn't recognize it by name, so I'd recommend having your hotel write the name and address of the place down in Thai to give to the driver.

We sat on the floor and they brought us tons of traditional northern Thai food, which was pretty good. The music and dancing was very entertaining and fun to see the differences between the Hill Tribe dances and urban dances. Overall unique experience that I'd recommend to anyone.

1  Thank vagabond04
Reviewed 10 March 2018

So much food and they just keep bringing more. I didnt realise that there was so many different tribal villages that have their own dances and culture in the same country. I really enjoyed the night.

1  Thank Carole H