Open today: 10:00 - 22:00
Book In Advance
Tours from Old Chiangmai Cultural Center tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from US$62.70
from US$91.00
from US$137.00
More Info
All reviews khantoke dinner cultural show sit on the floor hill tribe dinner show traditional dance northern thai food folk dances cultural dinner thai music fried chicken northern thailand local culture sticky rice chiang mai city unique experience tuk tuk
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Go with an appetite. They will serve you until you burst. The food is great.
If you choose the option of sitting on the floor be prepared because it is uncomfortable but makes it a unique experience. Also I would suggest if you wear a dress or skirt wear it ankle length because that adds to the discomfort.
I would say if there was anything that ruined this show it was the audience. Most people showed up 30-45 min late which made dinner run into the show so they were trying to clean up and clear up booze bills while the performance was happening and the audience was super loud, engaged in their own conversations so I didn't hear a single bit of the cultural information that was presented before each dance. I would suggest they they try to dim the lights to see if that quiets people or get a louder speaker system.

1  Thank Scarlet L
Saranakom C, Owner at Old Chiangmai Cultural Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Dear Khun Scarlet L,

Thank you very much for your compliment. We will keep improving our service especially the audience management for your next visit to Old Chiangmai Cultural Center krub.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

I heard about it from 1,000 Places to See Before you Die, and none of my friends had it done before, so I was a little on the fence about this at the beginning, but I'm really glad we signed up for it. It was a little challenging getting there from our hotel because the cab drivers didn't recognize it by name, so I'd recommend having your hotel write the name and address of the place down in Thai to give to the driver.

We sat on the floor and they brought us tons of traditional northern Thai food, which was pretty good. The music and dancing was very entertaining and fun to see the differences between the Hill Tribe dances and urban dances. Overall unique experience that I'd recommend to anyone.

1  Thank vagabond04
Saranakom C, Owner at Old Chiangmai Cultural Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Khun vagabond04

Thank you very much for your compliment. We will keep improving our service for your next visit krub.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

So much food and they just keep bringing more. I didnt realise that there was so many different tribal villages that have their own dances and culture in the same country. I really enjoyed the night.

1  Thank Carole H

Dear Khun Carole H

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We came for the khantoke dinner and cultural show which was very interesting although be aware that you will be sitting on the floor. Entertainment was interesting but I think someof it may have been lost in translation somewhere along the line.

Dear Khun SteveS1970

Reviewed 3 March 2018

If you go with modest expectations, you will not be disappointed. It is clearly intended for tourists to sample the local culture, but better to see it than miss it.