All reviews hot tub old town rooftop bar top floor guest house central location the room was nice stayed here for nights very nice hotel walking distance valuables furniture elephants laundry
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My family and me stayed there 2 nights during our trip in Northern Thailand. We have chosen Anoma because was looking to be the best value for money for a double room with additional bed. We were very disappointed when checked in. There was a problem with the reservation in Agoda and were put in a cheaper room than we payed and the room was small, dark, old. The following night we had out room (the most expensive) and it's much nicer (for a small price difference) but still it's very expensive compared to what we had elsewhere for same range of price (2000 baht). The rooms are very dark. There's very little of common places and there are too many mosquitos. The breakfast is very very basic. I wouldn't go back.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Iaia93
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed 2 (non-consecutive nights). This property looks more like a guesthouse than a hotel and has a very narrow street frontage, however when you go upstairs to the rooms there is a more spacious feel with attractive corridors and nicely furnished rooms. Also there is an outdoor terrace at the front to sit on (despite the small size of the property).
Got off to a bumpy start as I had booked a cheap deal and they had a sign in reception sayin that it did not include breakfast, however my booking confirmation clearly stated that breakfast was included (well I did get it but it only consists of toast, fruit & tea/coffee).
The room was not large, but big enough and had, TV, good aircon, fridge, safe and the poor "mood" lighting was helpfully augmented with a reading lamp by the bed. The bathroom had a large shower with hot water. There was nice Thai-style decor. I did notice that the sheets were slightly torn and had a stain on the top and one of the towels had a stain (however on the return visit this was not the case). The bed was very comfy and they had good block out curtains. Although the property was very close to the neighbours it was pretty quiet (apart from the dogs next door). The more senior staff (the owners I guess) were very friendly but the other staff ignored you.
The location is handy, with lots of restaurants and massage places on the doorstep, but it is still quiet. It is only around a 10min walk to Tha Pae gate and the Sunday market etc. There are also plenty of tuk-tuks out the front and the red songthaew goes past (20B fare). they also rent scooters and can arrange tours but there are also places that do this a few doors away.
Overall a nice place to stay.

Date of stay: May 2012
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I was her for three weeks and enjoyed it a lot. Staff is friendly (family owned), the rooms are clean and the breakfast is ok. Location is near all main attractions in Chiang Mai

Date of stay: December 2011
3  Thank ewout h
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This was my 6th stay at this hotel and it still impresses me for its excellent location, cleanliness, comfort and peace. Because it is located near a corner of the Old City it is 5 minutes walk to the Tha Phae Gate in one direction and a short walk to the Chiang Mai Gate but if you don't like walking, there are taxis and tuk tuks waiting on the road to whisk you to where you want to go or you could do what I did and hire a Honda Scoopyi motor scooter and explore all of Chiang Mai's nooks and crannies. Breakfast at the Anoma is excellent and is included in the room rate. Also, the staff could not be more helpful or knowledgeable and they welcome families and solo travellers alike. I'll be back again for sure.

Room tip: All the double rooms are similarly comfortable and all have excellent facilities.
Date of stay: April 2012
1  Thank talismanic
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I stayed here for almost a month. Great monthly/weekly rates. Not the cheapest, but in this city, you definitely get what you pay for! The service at the front desk almost felt like family by the end of my trip. The maid service isn't fantastic but everything else makes up for it. Thai food as well as American style foods served on the first floor at great rates!
I stayed in a suite and it was well worth the extra money. My room was quite a bit larger than the other rooms. I also had a balcony.
Also, this hotel is located between Saturday Night Walking Street (market) and Sunday Night Walking Street (market). The Sunday Night Market is a must see!!! They are both within short walking distance.

Room tip: GET A SUITE! Well worth the extra money! (especially for long term stays) A little loud in the morning but the white noise from the air conditioner helped mask the noise.
Date of stay: February 2012