US$125
US$100
Mercure Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
US$38
  • Restaurant
US$100
US$80
  • Breakfast included
Shangri-La Hotel, Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
US$245
US$144
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

US$53
US$43
BED Phrasingh(Chiang Mai)
US$67
De Naga Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$107
US$67
Priceline
US$70
US$57
Agoda.com
Bodhi Serene Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$153
US$93
Priceline
All reviewsdeluxe roomminute walkthe ground floorbahtcondo
Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

We recently rented a room here for a month, we had the suite as it was all that was available because we didn't book in advance. Was happy with our room it is quite basic but clean and we hardly spent any time in the room so it didn't matter. Wifi isn't the strongest but we went out most days anyway. Noi's cafe downstairs is great with cheap coffee, nice breakfast and lovely service. Location was perfect for us as we wanted to be near the Nimman area but also not too far to go into the old town, about 40 minute walk to centre or jump in a songthaew for 20baht. Staff were nice and we had a good stay here so would recommend it especially for a long term rental.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2016

I have been staying for 1 month in a suite room.
Staff is nice, hotel is quiet, cleaning every weeks.
7-11 at 50 meters, very close from 2 shopping malls.
In the area you have massage and laundry service.

I will come back again

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2016

Just checked out after 2 weeks. The people at the front desk tend to be very suspicious of everyone at first. It seems like they must have run into some very shady characters who have tried to put things over on them. I reserved a room there on Agoda and the rate included breakfast. They spent a week denying that I was entitled to the breakfast. I finally convinced them. Speaking of the breakfast, I had read bad reviews of it, but it turned out that it was pretty good.

The rooms themselves are in pretty sad shape. The kitchenette water faucet handle broke off in my hand when I tried to tighten it, since it would not stop dripping. We had to argue every day to get enough toilet paper. The sheets are very rough and they use something resembling a shower curtain as a sort of blanket, which they layer between 2 sheets. The internet is supposed to be free, but it's so weak that it is almost unusable.

They have a laundry service that picks up and drops off right in the lobby. One of my pairs of pants came back with holes in it. I was never able to get it resolved.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else if possible
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

We upgraded when we got the opportunity from bookings.com because we stayed 11 days so the suite was worth it. It is near the trendy district of Chiang Mai. So it is close to everything. Taxis are sometimes particular when picking you up if they don't get the fare they want. But we loved to walk anyway. Breakfast and coffee was not something to write home about, but the staff were friendly and very helpful. Weight room is adequate and I used it. Laundry is available on the first floor, but it is so cheap to send clothes out and it is good for the locals, so do it. Nice young lady down the same street as the hotel did ours and she will deliver to the hotel.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin D
Reviewed 19 December 2015

There was no WiFi in room, you had to go to the lobby to get signal, The room was clean every day, but I was covered in bites by the time I checked out, I am not sure if this was the bed or this was the fact you could not sit in the lobby at night as they had doors and windows wide open so fly's everywhere. Dome is a bit to far from the center, you have to get transport,even thou it's cheap the drivers like to see how much money they can get out of you so ask for price first, drivers don't stop for you at crossing points.. Would I never go to Thailand again. The food is dreadful, alot of street food is left out in the sun all day, the people want to make as much money out of you as they can and go back on deals, you have to walk on the roads so you risk getting hit by car or bike. Chang Mai is run down and dirty.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo