All reviews deluxe room minute walk the ground floor baht condo
Reviewed 15 February 2015 via mobile

Stayed at the Dome for 10 weeks at start of 2014. The location was OK after crossing the big road into Nimman. However, the room was very basic. It was ok on a budget but there are better options available nearby. The staff were all very friendly and the balcony had a perfect view of the mountain.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 23 January 2015

the hotel is comfortable,located within walking distance to the lotus mall(central) . the rooms also are big and clean. but the hotel's service ,whether its the front desk or even the restaurant is poor. they donot even allow guests to extend their check out (by paying extra), which is odd because most hotels allow that and their breakfast menu is fixed with no variety.They offer no service except the rooms.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank 43roko43
Reviewed 16 January 2015

Great, next time I'm in Chiang Mai I will definitely stay here.

Great staff and felt really relaxed. If you want something more traditional and authentic this is the place. Beautiful and large patio outside the room.

Fantastic hotel , Really chilled, Upmarket Location , Very Nice.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Surathun W
Reviewed 22 December 2014 via mobile

The hotel and rooms itself are not bad. However, we arrived at 5 am and wanted to book a room. The man at the reception was too busy playing computer games to notice us. When we asked him if he could help us, he told us to wait and continued playing. After I explicitly told him I thought this behaviour was rude, he helped us with a room. After copying our passports, documents we had kept inside were missing. We asked him about it and he shrugged, then gave us our documents back which he left somewhere behind the desk. Conclusively, the man almost blocked our credit card. He told us our credit card didn't work, but saw just in time that he was trying to put in the personal code himself for the third time. Thankfully, we stopped him just in time. Other aspects of the hotel might be just fine, however, such an employee working at the front desk is just unacceptable.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
9  Thank jwmwillems
Reviewed 7 November 2014

While there are some things I do like about the Dome, I want to focus on one thing I am very dissatisfied with: the Internet Bandwidth issue.

I am in Chiang Mai for a year, and we are staying at the Dome for 3 months while we get used to the city. My husband and I didn't mind the Dome initially, there are some positive aspects to it, but the internet situation is killing us. We both use the internet for school and work, and it's often excruciatingly slow, as in 1990s dial-up slow.

We are in a room very close to the wireless router, which is just outside our door. Sometimes we even go into the hallway to sit right near it out of desperation, but that hardly helps. It's not the proximity to the router that's the problem, I'm pretty sure it's the bandwidth.

The whole hotel must be online at the same time I'm supposing. Forget about watching a video online.

And forget about Skype. I've been here two months and have been unable to Skype home since I've been here.

Looks like they have a Wireless-G 2.4 GHz Linksys modem, which really needs to be thrown in the trash.

They need to upgrade and get a Wireless N network or whatever, I'm not a tech expert but I'm pretty sure that could help...

As I was saying, my husband and I rely on having a fast internet connection for work, school, and communication with family in the United States. It's very important. And we've been quite stressed when a page that should take about 1 second to load takes 10 minutes. And quite annoyed we can't Skype with family or watch a video during our down time.

This is really is a huge problem in the year 2014, and the Dome could probably take some relatively simple steps to improve it.

Also, the beds are a bit stiff. They will start to kill your back after a bit. The furniture in general is quite uncomfortable. It's also a little too close to Huey Kaew Road which is pretty noisy from cars all the time. Not the most peaceful place to relax and get work done.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business