All reviewsdeluxe roomminute walkthe ground floorbahtcondo
Reviewed 16 January 2015

Great, next time I'm in Chiang Mai I will definitely stay here.

Great staff and felt really relaxed. If you want something more traditional and authentic this is the place. Beautiful and large patio outside the room.

Fantastic hotel , Really chilled, Upmarket Location , Very Nice.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Surathun W
Reviewed 22 December 2014 via mobile

The hotel and rooms itself are not bad. However, we arrived at 5 am and wanted to book a room. The man at the reception was too busy playing computer games to notice us. When we asked him if he could help us, he told us to wait and continued playing. After I explicitly told him I thought this behaviour was rude, he helped us with a room. After copying our passports, documents we had kept inside were missing. We asked him about it and he shrugged, then gave us our documents back which he left somewhere behind the desk. Conclusively, the man almost blocked our credit card. He told us our credit card didn't work, but saw just in time that he was trying to put in the personal code himself for the third time. Thankfully, we stopped him just in time. Other aspects of the hotel might be just fine, however, such an employee working at the front desk is just unacceptable.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
9  Thank jwmwillems
Reviewed 7 November 2014

While there are some things I do like about the Dome, I want to focus on one thing I am very dissatisfied with: the Internet Bandwidth issue.

I am in Chiang Mai for a year, and we are staying at the Dome for 3 months while we get used to the city. My husband and I didn't mind the Dome initially, there are some positive aspects to it, but the internet situation is killing us. We both use the internet for school and work, and it's often excruciatingly slow, as in 1990s dial-up slow.

We are in a room very close to the wireless router, which is just outside our door. Sometimes we even go into the hallway to sit right near it out of desperation, but that hardly helps. It's not the proximity to the router that's the problem, I'm pretty sure it's the bandwidth.

The whole hotel must be online at the same time I'm supposing. Forget about watching a video online.

And forget about Skype. I've been here two months and have been unable to Skype home since I've been here.

Looks like they have a Wireless-G 2.4 GHz Linksys modem, which really needs to be thrown in the trash.

They need to upgrade and get a Wireless N network or whatever, I'm not a tech expert but I'm pretty sure that could help...

As I was saying, my husband and I rely on having a fast internet connection for work, school, and communication with family in the United States. It's very important. And we've been quite stressed when a page that should take about 1 second to load takes 10 minutes. And quite annoyed we can't Skype with family or watch a video during our down time.

This is really is a huge problem in the year 2014, and the Dome could probably take some relatively simple steps to improve it.

Also, the beds are a bit stiff. They will start to kill your back after a bit. The furniture in general is quite uncomfortable. It's also a little too close to Huey Kaew Road which is pretty noisy from cars all the time. Not the most peaceful place to relax and get work done.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Jamie L
Reviewed 14 October 2014

I really wanted to like the Dome, but it didn't work out for me. The Dome was actually recommended to me by part-time Chiang Mai residents who come every year to enjoy all that the city has to offer. Unfortunately, it just wasn't our style. The bathrooms are pretty poorly maintained and little details were not taken care of in terms of cleanliness. Plenty of dusty and cobwebs in the corners. There was a small balcony, but it wasn't in very good shape so we never used it. Since Chiang Mai is a hot place, and like most places in south east asia, there were ants around - all around the sink area, sometimes in the beds. Not enough to complain, but enough to make us uncomfortable. Also, walls are pretty thin, so if you get a group of party-goers (like we did), then you might have to encounter listening to some late night-puking and shouting at late hours.

I did bring up the neighbor issue with the front desk, and they offered to speak to them directly about it.

The other guests at the hotel are mostly long-term, it seems.

Probably will find other means of accommodation in Chiang Mai. Absolutely loved the proximity to Nimmahaeminda road and this section of town - away from all the tourists.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Candace Y
Reviewed 15 September 2014

I like this place. It's close to Nimmanahaeminda Rd about 2 blocks to the west, and Chiang Mai city centre 2 blocks east. A 20 baht taxi get you anywhere in town you want to go to. The big Maya shopping centre has a great grocery store, named Rimping, that opens at 6am and closes at 11pm, and they have a lot of food that Westerners might be looking for. There is another grocery store, Tops market, at Central Kad suan kaev that's not as good in my opinion, so if you're staying at the Dome, go to Maya.

If you reserve the room for three months, the price is about 33% of what you pay per night, so if you're in town for awhile, consider this option.

There's no pool at the Dome, that's one downside. And it's too close to the road, you still hear those damn scooters constantly on the Huaykaew road below. But the Dome does have great views of the mountain. There's a sister hotel, called the Bliss hotel, that is very similar to the Dome but costs a little bit more. I prefer the Bliss as the neighbourhood is a little bit better.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business