PakPing The Cozy Living in Chiangmai
US$299
US$160
US$120
Trip.com
Bodhi Serene Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$148
US$85
US$458
US$406
Agoda.com
Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$31
Agoda.com
All reviewshomemade yogurthot waterplace to staystayed here for nightsold cityninghostscereal
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

By far my favorite place we stayed in Thailand. Accommodations are clean and comfy. The staff makes this place phenomenal, they are so friendly and welcoming! The first day we checked in we sat down and booked our entire trip in Chiang Mai with our hostess at Pakping. She made sure our stay in Chiang Mai was unforgettable!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2018

For the money, this is a very solid choice. Don’t expect any frills here, but it is very clean and welcoming. Ning, the owner, is super friendly and helpful. My room was quite spacious and quiet, albeit very bare boned. The hotel is actually two different buildings. I was in the one that is not the main entrance. It has a cute little courtyard style entry area where all visitors are asked to remove their shoes. There is a kitchen/eating area with muffins, snacks and cereal available 24/7, but there is no breakfast served beyond that. As a solo traveler I had hoped that I might meet others there, but I really never saw anybody else in the common area, and this was during New Years, the very busiest season. Still, Ning and her staff made me fell welcome. Keep in mind that if you are upstairs you will need to lug your bags up and down the stairs as it is a small hotel with no elevator. My one and only complaint is the the water pressure in the bathroom is an issue. You need to keep it at an extremely low pressure in order to relieve hot water. Not ideal, but also not the end of the world. Pak Ping is a nice little budget hotel.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Ning was an amazing host for our family. We had actually booked a place through airbnb that turned out to be a scam, and Ning came to our rescue with a place to stay. She shuffled around some rooms so we could stay in the same rooms for 3 nights (and this was over Christmas!).
There is delicious home made yogurt/muffins and fresh fruit for breakfast. Coffee, tea and snacks as well.
The rooms are clean and spacious, with hot water! The location is perfect, quiet in the evening, and right next to the Sunday night walking market. Ning is happy to make recommendations and help with any bookings.
I would highly recommend staying here, and will stay again if I'm ever back in Chiang Mai!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2017

We were so happy when we checked into this lovely guesthouse in The Old City in Chiang Mai. The room was spacious, spotlessly clean with a huge very comfortable bed. It is in a perfect location, in a very quiet back street just off a main road and with easy walking distance to many of the temples and other sights. I cannot recommend this place more highly, everyone who works here makes such an effort to make your stay memorable and special. They are so helpful and the homemade banana bread, yoghurt and chocolate muffins for breakfast were delicious.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2017

I really loved this guesthouse. The location was perfect, (literally minutes from the best coffee shop in Chiang Mai - Akha Ama Coffee La Fattoria), my room was large (Ning gave me a larger room than I booked), clean and very comfortable. But Pak Ping's greatest asset is its owner, Ning. She is so committed to making her guests feel at home that I could have happily stayed longer if I wasn't meeting friends in a different city. Ning is very helpful and ready to offer advice and organise things for you. And, of course, there are the muffins she bakes each day - two flavours when I was there - banana and chocolate. (I had to stop myself from eating too many.) The rooms are decorated with a retro edge and cleaned every day (which wasn't the case with the other two places I stayed at in northern Thailand). The shower was hot with good water pressure and despite being so close to a main street, I found the area quiet when you needed to sleep. I really think you can't go wrong with Pak Ping and Ning.

Room Tip: If you struggle with stairs I don't believe there's a lift so it would be best to check with Ning before booking.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo