US$149
US$83
  • Free Breakfast
US$148
US$102
Bodhi Serene Hotel(Chiang Mai)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$186
US$172
US$149
US$131
Priceline
Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$223
HotelQuickly
US$425
US$314
The Balcony Chiang Mai Village(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 September 2009

I've been staying in Bank Ong Rao for 1 month first in April and then for another month in August, so in total I've been there for two months: in those two months I haven't had one little problem! It was just PERFECT!!! Near to my thai massage school (ITM, about 35 seconds by walk!!!) and surrounded by many little restaurant and not too far from the center of Chiang Mai (you walk more in Bankok airport!!!). About the room: big beds, air conditioning, fridge, free Wi-Fi internet, TV, phone, so that everything you need to have a very comfortable staying!!! And the owners are really very kind, polite and accomodating, from 0 to 10 they deserve 15!!!!!!! Thank you very very very much!!! Rudy

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank aloneRudy
Reviewed 2 September 2009

We very much enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff was friendly and the room was just beautiful. The quality of the furnishings and environs for your dollar is just terrific. In Canada, we probably couldn't afford to stay in a hotel of similar quality.

Our only complaint was that it was a bit out of the old city and we sometimes had trouble finding reasonable transportation.

** there was a very handy laundromat across the street.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2009

I picked Ban Kong completely from the reviews on Trip Advisor. It was exactly as I had expected. The previous positive reviews are accurate. The hotel is cozy, peacefull, and has a nice comfortable atmosphere. As we were travelling as a family with two children aged 10 and 13 we wanted to stay in one room. We have had problems finding rooms in Thailand with two queen beds as most rooms are small and you end up having to stay in two rooms. This can add a lot to your cost and the fact that your family is not together.

Ban Kon suggested putting an extra large mattress between two single beds on the floor. This worked out perfect. Sure it gave us less floor space but when you are in Thailand you shouldnt be spending too much time in your room anyway. This cost us 1000 BHT which is a great price considering how nice the hotel is.

We liked the food and so did the kids. The staff were willing to adjust the menu items a little for our kids which was great. The prices were reasonable. Jenny the owner and Max the manager were extremely friendly and helpfull. They gave us great advice on sight seeing areas and even arranged cooking classes for my wife and transportation on two of our day trips.

I highly recommend that you consider hireing a taxi for the day to do your outings. Max helped us find a taxi driver by the name of Song who we hired for one full day and one half day. He drove us where ever we wanted and waited until we finished the activity and then took us to the next place we wanted. It is way cheaper than booking a pre organized tour. One tour we wanted to do was the Elephant training center.The price for a tour was 900 BHT per person. This would have totalled 3600 BHT. Instead we hired Song and his taxi for 1800 BHT plus tip for the entire day. Not only did we go to the Elephant camp but we also hiked a waterfall, went to the Tiger zoo and he stopped at a bank and grocery store etc. It was like having our personal driver for the day at a fraction of what it would have cost us if we had booked the tours seperately.
Song is also a family man as we discovered so it was great knowing that the money we gave him was going directly to him and his family instead of to a tour company.
Jenny has also writtten the street names in Thai on some business cards in the lobby so take one of those with you so the Thai drivers know were to find the hotel when you go out.
The coffee shop across the street has great coffee at cheap prices, internet and great fried rice.
We also used the little laundry across from the hotel and down a few stores. They are friendly and they charged 200 BHT for 45 items or less.

Overall we had a fantastic time at Ban Kong Rao and we will stay there again the next time we are in Chiang Mai.

THANK YOU Jenny, Max and staff for your hospitality. Your hard work is paying off. We miss your hotel already.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2009

I learned 4 weeks at the very close ITM school and felt very well at this lovely guesthouse. the people running the ban kon rao are very helpful and sooooo nice. thank you again!! the food was great. I loved my room, and if I ever come back to chiang mai, I know for shure, where to go: to the ban kon rao, living in room jasmin and having a big papaya salad and of course a nice cold singha beer!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2009

It was the greatest experience I've ever had. Ban Kong Rao is not only a nice peaceful place. People there are amazing, you really feel like home, They are friends, family...helpful and smiling all the time.
When you're there you never feel like you want to move. Food is great and your room is so comfortable...
When I'm back to Chiang Mai, I know now where to stay... AT HOME.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business