“To support them..”

and up
Half-Day Small-Group Rickshaw Tour in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The one place in chiangmai by Chiangmai women's correctional institution and all is professional traditional thai masseuse Those who have passed the national workmanship standard already. One your support giving to new life.
Reviewed 22 January 2012

As we took Thai massage class before, we knew what was going on during the massage here...and to both of us, it was not satisfying. My lady kept hitting my back bone, which is basic thing to know as a masseuse. We agreed that we felt happy to support them, and to have a rare experience in Thailand.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stopped by here in the early afternoon and waited about ten minutes for a masseuse. After changing, had a sip of tea while my feet were washed. A client who was leaving recommended the two-hour massage, "so that she can do a more thorough job," and I am passing that recommendation on to you, Dear Reader. My masseuse was diminutive and did not stretch me too severely, but she made a serious effort and did a good job. Contrary to some other comments, the masseuses were not excessively chatty while I was being massaged. My masseuse did not speak English, but it didn't matter--I was not there to chat. As an indication of my masseuse's can-do attitude, at one point she slid herself under my 92 kg. bulk and had me rest my back on her knees and stretched me a bit. She struggled a bit, and we both had a bit of laugh when this maneuver was completed without incident. I thought that she paid a bit too much attention to my legs and too little to my back, but that's really just a quibble.

1  Thank knickherboots
Reviewed 19 October 2011

The most unusual place I have been massaged and though not the best foot massage i have ever had, it was a great experience. The ladies are lovely and giggle away happily as they massage you.

2  Thank UKtravellergirl
Reviewed 16 October 2011

My husband and I went to the Correctional Institution for 1 hour massages after a long day of visiting wats. 1 hour cost less than $7. The actual massage facility is across from the prison and it doesn't feel like you're in a prison with massage beds, fans, and gauze curtains decorating the 2 large rooms. The ladies, decked out in unassuming lavender outfits, do massage as part of a rehabilitation program for them. You'll receive an outfit from them and a place to lock up your belongings. My husband and I were placed in different rooms due to the availability of beds and we had slightly different experiences. My room was filled with chatty giggly women. Everyone, including me, had a good laugh when I came out wearing the outfit totally wrong. My masseuse was lovely, talking to me and smiling, the whole while she's giving me the most intense Thai massage ever. This was great, as I don't consider it a true Thai massage unless I'm getting pummeled (this isn't sarcasm, Thai massage is about stretching and working your muscles into submission, not about being able to fall asleep on the table). After, I was given tea and my masseuse refused a tip, although I left one in the tip box. Hopefully, the money goes to a good cause - helping these women get back on their feet. My husband wasn't given tea and he thinks his massage wasn't hard enough so he isn't the total fan that I am, but all in all, for less than $7, can you get a better deal and experience?

4  Thank DandN D
Reviewed 7 October 2011

A real treat and a must do. Like other reviewers we went for an hour massage on our first visit (180 bht) and couldn't wait to return to the lovely ladies for a two hour full body massage....highly recommended (360 bht)
Spotlessly clean and very efficient we loved our time here and what a worth while concept. Listening to the girls chatting and giggling quietly only heightened the whole experience. The massage was definitely the best we've had in Thailand. Pop into the adjoining cafe afterwards for some great food or a refreshing shake afterwards.