Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$23
View deal
Hotels.comUS$23
TravelocityUS$23
TripadvisorUS$23
Lol.travel
Trip.comUS$23
Orbitz.comUS$23
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 January 2013

The Bupatara is a 2 star hotel and could be quite good, I did spend 2 weeks there over Xmas 2012, although the room was okay the bathroom had sticky green mould over much of the walls and no bathroom sink plugg and they are impossible to buy in Chiang Mia (really I spent a full day trying, finally using wide sticky take over plugg hole). With a small amount of effort and cleaning products supplied by me much of mould came off, it is clear that there cleaning agenda needs to be reviewed...Also when I booked this hotel it was back in September 2012 for December 2012, The internet booking receipt clearly stated I was to be given a 10% discount on the daily quoted fee for an early booking however the hotel would not accept the document and insisted I pay the full amount, saying they do not give discounts over Xmas so they had me over a barrel...the booking included breakfast, 2 eggs, fried, scrambled or omelette with a sausage and toast. For 2 weeks every day is a bit repetitive, the coffee was good and plenty of it...surprisingly I asked to extend my stay 2 more weeks, better the devil you know then the one you don't, they said they were full up and that I had to move out at the end of my booking, surprise!! surprise!! when I arrived at reception to leave after 2 weeks they were concerned I was moving out and said there was plenty of room. I had by this stage made other arrangements. I think this hotel should be rated 1 star as is but with a little bit effort could go to 2.5 stars...the staff were very nice, good and polite. The internet was about the slowest possible and only okay for emails and they kept on changing the pass word sometimes 3/4 times a day, they had a timer on it to disconnect after 1 hour and then you had to reconnect, really slow and really very poor, when the hotel is full the wifi creates lots of time wasting going to reception often to get new pass word.

Room tip: Make sure you confirm in writing the discount for early booking, if you need internet forget it.
Date of stay: December 2012
1  Thank David W
Reviewed 17 November 2012

breakfast variety is not its best but the rooms are big and so simple, in a positive way, that you like at home.
the staff was really helpful.
we didn't enjoy the swimmingpool because we had no time but I would have loved it!!!
the best: quiet atmosphere, so I could sleep like a baby (I usually do) after a terrible week in Bangkok.

Room tip: I enjoyed mine because it had a balcony, it's fantastic for my terrible habit of smoking.
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Bupatara hotel is tugged away in a small neighborhood in the old city, away from the noise and traffic, yet so close to all the attractions and happening spots in town. The hotel has a family atmosphere with very friendly staff, who are most willing to suggest day trips, activities and things to do during your stay. It is also very close (2 minutes walk) to a Talak (fresh produce market) where you can buy freshly cut fruits, local cakes and cooked dishes besides all the fresh produce. If you wake up early (6 - 6.30 am) go there and partake in the local tradition of offering alms and food to the monks near the market.

Date of stay: May 2012
3  Thank MOKKualaLumpur
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I was very satisfied with this hotel, good value for money. Not expensive, yet it has a nice pool and breakfast is included, also free Internet. Staff very friendly. Very quiet place and guests are usually well behaved young Europeans. I extended my stay to 8 days.
Not easy to find, you need to mention Prapokklao Road, Soi ha (4)
The Marketing Manager now also opens a traditional house to stay at. Ask at the reception. Good opportunity to experience the traditional Chiang Mai style of living.

Date of stay: July 2011
4  Thank jarokova
Reviewed 21 August 2011

my friend and I had checked in, and then found out we needed to go to laos to get our visa. so we were going to go for a night, and use up our night that we had payed for once we got back. but since we had put one of our bags in the room, they needed to clean it again and they charged us for the full night.

Date of stay: February 2011