“Lovely lunch in silom”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Silom
Description: Under refurbishment and will reopen in December 2015
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

I expect you are a fine diner or you wouldn’t be looking at this price point in what has to be one of the best food capitals of the world.
The lunch is a relative bargain at slightly over 2k baht for 3 courses plus dessert. The french have the “grandes tables du Monde” or the great (French) tables of the world of which Le Normandie is a stellar member.

I had 2 standouts, the excellent porcini mushrooms (made the entire meal worthwhile) was paired with a Pinot noir from burgundy and the other, my main of lamb was excellent (paired with an equally fantastic Bordeaux).
Also the 2 or 3 glasses of spectacular wine were actually very well priced. I was a happy camper. I would have danced home except after all that wine I think I would have fallen flat on my face.
The Singapore members of the same grand-table list have a long way to go I think in both food and wine quality versus value for money.

Date of visit: September 2018
MOBangkok, Manager at Le Normandie, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear dash4m

Thank you for this superb review on TripAdvisor,

I am pleased to read that you had a memorable dining experience with us at Le Normandie and glad that you enjoyed our food offering and wine pairing.

Thank you again for your very kind words and I look forward to the immense pleasure of welcoming you again to the Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok.

Kind regards,

Maitre d'Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,077)

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Absolutely flawless. My mum and I had the set price lunch and it is the best value in the city. The calibre of food, service and ambience is unrivaled. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a special meal out

Date of visit: September 2018
MOBangkok, Manager at Le Normandie, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear amyeatsasia

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

It is a delight to read that you enjoyed your lunch experience with us at Le Normandie and glad that you especially appreciated the food offering, service and ambiance.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 September 2018

I can't recommend Le Normandie enough. The best deal in town with their special lunch, 3 courses or 4 courses set price. We will keep going back.

1  Thank Sue D
Reviewed 13 September 2018

We recently celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary at the majestic Mandarin Oriental Bangkok. We enjoyed pre-dinner drinks as always at the elegant Bamboo Bar – great atmosphere and wonderful service from the staff.
We booked our special dinner at the opulent Le Normandie Restaurant. This has been our anniversary venue every year for the past 7 years. We had a beautiful romantic table by the corner with fresh red roses overlooking the picturesque river.
We had the degustation menu which was a delight and the recommended wines complemented the dishes beautifully. The team was superb in ensuring that our evening was memorable and it truly was.
Thank you to Chef Arnaud and the kitchen team as well as the service team at Le Normandie for yet another great anniversary evening. We will definitely be back next year …

1  Thank AndrewLizTravellers
MOBangkok, Manager at Le Normandie, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear AndrewLizTravellers

Thank you for this splendid TripAdvisor review and for your patronage of Le Normandie.

It is a great pleasure for our entire team to welcome you back every year to celebrate this very special occasion.
Furthermore, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed once again the overall experience from the table setting to the food offering, quality of service and the magnificent view over the River of Kings.

Thank you once again for your kind words and we hope to have the immense pleasure of welcoming you again in a not too distant future, for another memorable experience at the Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok

Kind regards

Maitre D'hotel

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

My family visit the restaurant to celebrate my wife's birthday and pregrancy during our summer vacation. We were very satisfied because of excellent food, reasonable price, and perfect service.If I will go to Bangkok again, I will vist the restaurant again. 아이도 데리고 갔는데 아이용 메뉴도 있었습니다. 아마 호텔 다른 식당의 메뉴같았습니다. 아이는 피자를 시켰는데 부담되지 않는 가격이었습니다. 물은 에비앙을 줬는데 다소 비싸다고 느꼈습니다. 물은 주문하지 말고 다른 음료를 주문한걸 하는 생각이 들었습니다.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank hongjoojo
MOBangkok, Manager at Le Normandie, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Hong-Joo J

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and for choosing Le Normandie for this very special celebration.

I am extremely glad to read that you enjoyed your dining experience with us, especially in regard to the food offering and quality of service.

Thank you again for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you again in a not too distant future to the Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok.

Kind regards