“Great location, has a view to bangkok skyline”

Centara Grand at CentralWorld
Ranked #120 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
“Great location, has a view to bangkok skyline”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My time there was exquisite, the hotel room is spacious, I booked an executive room in level 50, meaning I can choose between 2 floors of breakfast, in the standard restaurant downstairs or the executive lounge. The facilities are also quite nice, large gym, steam room, pool, spa, but they don't have sauna room. The location is right in the middle of all shopping malls district. Even this hotel is located above Central World mall, so it made me easy to shop. All in all it was a great experience staying there.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2012

wonderful hotel ,the best we have ever stayed in.A much grander hotel than we normally stay at and at times a bit overpowering but the staff were brilliant so polite and helpful.I wish we could afford vthis quality more often.

Room Tip: This hotel will certainly not dissappoint
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank ken D
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We were really pleased with this 5 star hotel, the rooms were spacious and clean with amazing bathrooms. The pool was nice with plenty of sunbeds. The hotel is the perfect luxurious base if you want to go shopping, it is adjoining to a modern shopping centre and also walking distance from the MBk(good for cheap shopping and fakes). I have stayed in a few hotels in Bangkok, all 5 star and this was by far my favourite and I would definately stay here again. The food and drink in the hotel is very overpriced but that is to be expected so we just went into the shopping centre for this instead. Overall I would definately reccomend.

• Stayed February 2012
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I stayed at Centara Grand for 5 nights for a company meeting. I had a corner room with good space and light. But my colleagues had the regular rooms which are narrow and dark. There is a full length wall-sized mirror on the wall facing the bed which is very bizarre and bad taste for many Asians.

1) Housekeeping - not thorough. I accidentally dropped the cap to my water bottle behind the night table on the first night. It wasn't in plain sight but should be easily spotted for any cleaner. The cap was left there throughout my stay untouched. My used bathrobe was not hung properly when I returned to my room. My shoes were left unarranged on the floor.

2) Food - OK but not exciting. Both the food served in the 24th floor buffet and for our meeting wasn't great. The breakfast buffet looked expansive but upon close look, neither the variety nor the quality was as expected for a 5-star hotel. The food service staff seemed very passive and bored. I have not once had my water or coffee refilled automatically without specifically asking for it, and it wasn't easy getting their attention either.

3) Concierge - not reliable. I booked transportation to the airport with the concierge, but needed to cancel it 20 min later because I learned that it had already been arranged by my colleagues. The concierge reassured me that the booking had been cancelled and no charge will be made to my room. I specifically asked them to cross out my booking slip; they did so in front of me. However, the night before my departure, I received a message from the concierge confirming my shuttle booking and confirming that the full fee will be charged to my room bill. When I called the front desk, they told me the knew nothing about it and asked me to checked back with the concierge the next morning when it's open. Then at 11.30pm, the shuttle company called me to confirm my booking. I told them the booking had been cancelled. When I confronted the concierge the next morning, they simply shrugged and said they'd look into it.

All in all, the only thing I really enjoyed is the space this hotel offers. It is nowhere near 5-star calibre.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Malaysia
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I travelled alone this time to attend the Standard Chartered Bangkok marathon last week, that was postponed from last year (due to the floods). I felt safe at the hotel. The room was big and clean. The bathroom is huge with a great tub and rainshower. The hotel is also very generous with the free bottles of water.
Sadly, the Wi-fi was really lacking. The package was inclusive of Wi-fi but getting a decent signal on the 40th floor was really difficult. The signal kept dropping and I kept having to switch to different hot-spots. The best I got was a single signal bar for less than 10 minutes.
The location is really really convenient. Plenty of shops and food places around. The BTS is great to get out of the area to avoid the traffic. Just a tip, if you intent to get the BTS, safe yourself some time and get your coins from a different place during peak periods.
The concierge is very helpful, they always asked where I wanted to go and ensured that the taxi driver knew exactly where it was.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo