“A Gem in Bangkok”
Review of Shintaro

Shintaro
Reserve with Chope
Shintaro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 12,884 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$8 - US$122
Cuisines: Sushi
Neighbourhood: Pathumwan
Description: Meaning "new vision", Shintaro innovatively reimagines a Japanese neighbourhood dining haunt. A casual, sociable vibe is highlighted by the long sushi bar. The tatami-style dining room lends itself to memorable occasions. Traditional styles of sushi, sashimi, noodle and tempura dishes feature the freshest fish from Japan, America and Australia in artistic, contemporary presentations, complemented by a wide selection of sake and Japanese beer. Reflecting the Japanese pace of life, business guests will find that our set menus cater perfectly to a busy luncheon schedule.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The restaurant has an inviting atmosphere, with a Centre sushi bar and table seating around.

Low lighting gives this little restaurant a warm and welcoming vibe.

Staff were extremely polite and attentive, and spoke good English.

But the food was the star of this restaurant. Egg plant starter was very tasty. The soft shell crab salad was delicious, without the stale oil smell that most soft shell crab has! Great job for freshness.

Pan- fried cod with teriyaki was cooked perfectly, leaving the fish milky and flaky. The teriyaki sauce was subtle, not over-powering like most others.

Pork sukiyaki was comfort food.

A brilliant meal. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Chanalex

Dear Channalex,

Thank you for your recent patronage of Shintaro restaurant and we are glad to learn that you had a wonderful dining with us.

On behalf of the entire team of Shintaro I would like to thank you for your support as well as recognizing their efforts in going beyond their duties to provide best service to you. Your comments have been shared with my team who are delighted to hear this positive comment .Your kind words meant a lot to us and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future!

With best regards,

Chalinee Seansodchuen,
Food & Beverage Manager.

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

This testy has long been in Bangkok for sometimes but most people may not know much because it is located in a luxury hotel, Anantara Siam Bangkok. The restaurant is not very big but comfortably cozy.

Come to the food here. What I like here is the sashimi and sushi where they serve the good quality and right temperature! I found many Japanese restaurants in town don’t serve fresh sushi at the right temperature. Most of them are still cold or frozen which lessen the taste of sushi / sashimi. Rice bowl is also tasty and good portion.

Service here is undeniably excellent. All staffs are attentive and polite.

Lastly the price is acceptable for me compared with the quality of food. It has the same range as other popular Japanese restaurant in other malls.

I highly recommend this Shintaro restaurant at Anantara Siam Bangkok.

1  Thank sukitp2014

Dear Sukit P,

Many Thanks for your patronage and support to our Shintaro restaurant, it was our pleasure to have you with us for your dining experience. We do appreciate the time you have taken to leave us your valuable comments and review and delighted to know that you enjoyed every moment.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Chalinee Seansodchuen
Food & Beverage Manager

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed the fantastic food at Shintaro. Sushi is always fresh and quality never ceases to amaze me. The staff is very attentive and ambience is nice for couples and business. It’s one of our favorite Japanese restaurants in Bangkok

2  Thank 565chongm

Dear Chong M,

Greetings from Shintaro restaurant at Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel.

Thank you very much for taking your time to give us your kind feedback following your recent visit. I am happy to read your kind compliments with regards to the service and food quality you have received. your words are very encouraging.

The team and I very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future. Please feel free to contact me for any assistance.

Chalinee Seansodchuen
Food Beverage Manager

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Fresh food and great service. Variety choices of food; raw vs cooked. I recommend all kind of sashimi.
Good location too.

1  Thank Nisara D

Dear Nisara D,

Thank you for writing about your experience with Shintaro here.

I appreciate all of your positive comments that you have mentioned. We are truly delighted to hear that you greatly enjoyed with our services and food quality.

Once again, thank you for choosing Shintaro as your dining venue. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

With kind regards,

Chalinee Seansodchuen,
Food and Beverage Manager

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

I've been hesitating to give negative comments because I was treated nicely when I was there. But I decided to give my honest opinion.

I am a huge fun of Japanese food and a regular of Japanese restaurants. I wasn't impressed by the decorations of the restaurant. It doesn't have much Japanese elements. The food is quite normal, maybe below average. One of the reasons I love Japanese restaurant is the beautiful plates, bowls, cups to serve the food. I have to say it didn't meet my expectations with this aspect.

It was a failed attempt to try new restaurant in Bangkok.

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank ScenicShoreCourt

Dear Jimmy O,

Thank you for choosing Shintaro as your dining venue and we appreciate your feedback. Sadly that we could not achieve your expectation according to this, however, thank you for bringing up the point for the price to our team and we will look into it accordingly.
I hope you will give us an opportunity to welcome you to the hotel in the near future.

With best regards,

Chalinee Seabsodchuen,
Food and Beverage Manager

Been to Shintaro? Share your experiences!