US$78
Dream Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$84
US$75
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 September 2013

A serviced apartment where you must pay for water, internet, electric, TV service. Came to about 115,000 baht for the month for 3 bedroom. Old AC units made electric almost 15k alone. Furniture, TV, stove, refrigerator all very old. Sheets/pillow cases were nasty and new ones had to be bought ourselves.
Lost electric on several occasions, once for over 3 hours. Got very hot quick and no elevators. Thank God no one was in them at the time. Security guard is required to run many errands by owners, so no one there on many occasions. The staff is friendly and try hard, but over-worked by owners. TV's from the 80's. Took 3 attempts to get cable to work. Internet never did. Stopped complaining as it got us nowhere.

Fitness center is a joke. Not ONE piece of equipment is in usable condition. Makes a nice picture for their website though. Brothel/"spa" is on second floor, so non-residents are allowed into facility at night to patronize brothel/Spa.

No power outlet ANYWHERE in any of the 3 baths. Can't shave or blow dry hair in bath

Pool water burns eyes and no swimmable when we were there. Free tuk tuk service so infrequent, almost never used it.

Unsafe wiring under sink

Much better and cheaper places to stay nearby, unfortunately I rushed into a 1 month lease here. Lesson learned

I strongly think good reviews here are by the owners themselves

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Steve H
Gardengrove Sui... S, Manager at Gardengrove Suites Boutique Serviced Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Steve,
We have contacted you directly for clarification and correction as some of your comments were obviously inaccurate nor based on your own experience. For example, our fitness center equipment is in working condition and we received no complaint from regular users; refrigerator is a current Samsung model and living room tv is 32” LCD tv and three Sony Wega CRTs tvs in bedrooms; cable and internet worked on the second day after you moved in. We received your direct complaint regarding cable not working during rainstorms or power outage and explained that this happens everywhere in Bangkok not just our place. Internet could be accessed by your PC but not your iPad which you admitted was purchased in USA so we could logically conclude that there was nothing wrong with the internet and simply a configuration problem on your iPad.
You mentioned we are a serviced apartment where you must pay for water, internet, electricity, TV service. The reason is because you have chosen “non-serviced” option at the lower rate of THB 95,000 per month which does not include any additional services including sheets/pillow cases. But due to having air-conditioning switched on at all hours, your utility became more costly than expected. Nevertheless it is a significant saving since the total rate of THB 108,793 per month inclusive of utilities comes to only THB 3,509 per night for a large 3-bedroom unit with area of 200sqm. All the terms & conditions of electricity, water, internet and cable service had been acknowledged by your wife and should be no surprise.
Regarding power outages, they are unfortunate situations beyond our control. Blackouts have been due to the heavy rainstorms during monsoon season which affected the entire block not just our building. Our generator is able to supply enough lighting for public areas and elevators during blackouts.
Our tuk tuk shuttle service runs daily on hourly schedule from 8.30am - 5.30pm except Sunday and public holidays. Our driver reported that your family frequently used the tuk tuk.
All photos uploaded to TripAdvisor have been recorded for improvement. The black strip shown in bathroom photo is a water guard which we will replace with a clear strip immediately.
We do apologize for the inconveniences caused during your stay and will bring about the necessary maintenance as a result of your feedback.
Sincerely Yours,
Gardengrove Suites Management

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Good:
The price is good for what you get! And right across the street is a pizza place that is to die for, called PizzaZo. Close to train station. Internet is decent. But that's about it.

Bad:
On the website, the photos look amazing (as they do) and modern with decorations - but that's not what you get. Tropical Gardens? I didn't see ANY gardens, just a few plants down the wall. I couldn't find the sauna, NO waterfall, NO jacuzzi, NO trendy cafe and a dated DVD library. The person on duty could literally not speak a word of English. The place is very old and worn and very sparse (no decorations whatsoever, not even a glass in the bathroom). There ware 5 hangers in the closet. The walk to the train station is terrible - no sidewalk and lots of cars! The gym is in working order but the machines are old and buttons are broken. Kitchen has only 2 small cups and 2 plates...that's it.

I can go on but I'm going to stop now.

Room Tip: Ask for room with balcony (not all of them have it)
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sonjater
Gardengrove Sui... S, Manager at Gardengrove Suites Boutique Serviced Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Dear Sonjater,
We apologize for your disappointment, we have no intention of falsely advertising our facilities. We will review the definitions on our website.
We understand walking to the train station may not be what you may expect so therefore we provide scheduled complimentary shuttle to BTS and Emporium Shopping Center. Sorry if this information was not conveyed to you by our staff. An information sheet should have been available inside your room.
The person on duty during December 2012 who could not speak English was training; she is no longer hired. Our current staff can speak proficient English.
We appreciate the time you have taken to review our serviced apartment - it is greatly appreciated in helping us continue to improve. Rest assured we will be reviewing and correcting any flaws in the room and gym which you have reported.
Sincerely Yours,
Gardengrove Suites Management

Reviewed 5 August 2012

The hotel suites are great - they are well furnished and very spacious and comfortable but not equipped that well. - so if you are expecting to self-cater you will need to make sure you contact the hotel in advance. It is absolutely great value for money especially if you want plenty of room and intend to eat out. There are24 hr food shops nearby (7/11 and food market)

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank TrinidadD
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I really cant believe how so much can be offered for a very small price. The space is like a house in size....a living and dining area with nice furniture, work desk, big bedroom, walk in robe and luxury bathroom. Nice fluffy white towels...a must for me!

Ann was very helpful and professional taking care of everything with a smile. Thong Chan was very obliging and happy man helping Ann look after me.

I would say this is the best value place I have ever had. It was such a good price (about 2000b rack rate, and I got Wotif special about 1650b) I was worried it would be to good to be true; and after a nightmare hotel in Manila the night before for twice the money (see other review) I was prepared for the worst....but got the best!

Check out my photos of the great rooms.

I cant believe other people giving this place a poor review because there are only basic knifes and forks in the kitchen! Give them a break!....go across the road to one of the Thai restaurants oh yummy!

The only negative I can agree on is I always need a top sheet too...and asked for one and got it without a problem.

I will be booking to stay a much longer time here next time, as I only had two nights....I could live here!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank SmithersinAU
Reviewed 25 July 2011

The Apartments are showing their age and there is a minimalist approach to everything. My wife and I stayed with our 2 children, and on the plus side - the 2 bed appt we stayed in was spacious. The kitchen was minimally equipped, 4 knives n forks, 4 plates, 4 bowls, 4 glasses, 1 8inch pan, 1 small pot. No knives, cutting board, salad bowls, no bottle opener, not even a tea towel or drying rack etc and the oven didn't work. All the kitchenware was filthy and we had to wash everything before we could use it. The main bedroom only had a fitted sheet and a throw, and we had to ask for another sheet. in the process of washing up we broke a glass and they wanted to charge us for a whole new 4 x set at a ridiculous price. The restaurant was not open downstairs. We left frustrated and underwhelmed given the good choice of serviced apartments in the area. Go elsewhere would be our advice.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family