US$83
US$138
US$121
US$201
US$129
Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam(Bangkok)
US$111
US$108
HotelQuickly
The Peninsula Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$286
US$272
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 November 2007

We stayed in the Baan Chantra for 2 nights in Nov. We were a group of 6 and had been Muay Thai trainning in Pattaya before coming to Bangkok before returning home. We booked through [--] and the booking was so easy. The hotel staff speak excellent english and made booking really simple.
We had to twin rooms (they only have 6 rooms in total) and the king size room. All rooms our rooms were lovely, clean, comfy beds and nice and big. We even had a small kind of balcony. The hotel was just a 10 min walk from the khao san road. Breakfasts (which were very tasty) were served in the small but perfectly formed library at the front and the coffee was great!
The staff couldn't do enough to help us with tips and flagging down cabs. We would recommed this hotel to anyone wanting peace and quiet but close enough not to miss out. I would go back in a shot. It was almost like staying in someones home , you even take your shoes off to go upstairs.
We didnt want to leave. Thank you Baan Chantra for finishing a great holiday perfectly!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jennywren113
Reviewed 17 October 2007

I just got back from a trip to Thailand and stayed on Baan Chantra on several occassions during a 3 week period. First, I arrived very, very late on an international flight from the US. They were waiting for me. From that moment on, Kulthida and her staff went to every length to ensure that my stay was a good one.

They were incredibly friendly and helpful every moment that I was there. If there was any way they could help, they did. They stored bags for me, allowed for a delivery while I wasn't there and just made it a pleasant experience.

Location is good. Very close to the sights. And you get a good nights sleep as the rooms are very quiet. And immaculately clean.

On my last night there, I had to leave very early to catch a flight back home. I had to leave the guesthouse at 3:30AM. Kulthida offered to make me breakfast so I could have some food before I left. She was there and as soon as I walked out of my room, she got the coffee maker going.

I would highly recommend staying there. You will be satisfied. Kulthida will make sure of it.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled solo
4  Thank hkalin
Reviewed 8 October 2007

After delayed and missed flights we were tired and soaking wet from a sudden rain storm but all of that melted away when we got to the Baan Chantra - it was awsome. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are of an exceptionally high standard and for the 4 days we stayed there our room became our haven from the madness that is Bangkok.

The staff were amazingly helpful and could not have done more for us (including insisting on making us breakfast when we slept in till gone 11am!) The rooms were spotless and the location was ideal - near enough to the Kao San Road to walk (or get a taxi - they are so cheap) but far enough away to feel like you are able to relax.

I would reccomend this hotel to anyone travelling to Bangkok but one tip is to make sure you tell the taxi drivers that it is between 7 & 8 Samsen (which is on the main road) as we showed our taxi man the address and he thought it was on Samsen 1 due to the address being 120/1 - there is nothing down Samsen 1 except some laundrettes!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
4  Thank weston01
Reviewed 17 September 2007

This is a wonderful little guesthouse! I don't know if I would have survived Bangkok in August without the calm reprieve of Baan Chantra to go home to every night. The atmosphere is lovely (not fancy, but certainly beautiful, CLEAN, and interesting), with exposed dark wood, bamboo detailing, soothing music, the sound of water in the background, and a layout that makes you feel as if you are indeed inside somebody's beautiful old home (you take your shoes off once you pass the lobby). I shared a room with my friend, and the room was equipped with a large bathroom, clean stand-up shower, AC, and private screened-in terrace, where we dried our sweaty clothes. There was a guard outside the guesthouse 24 hours a day, and although it probably wasn't necessary (the neighborhood is fine), it was nice to come home to each night. There is internet in the breakfast room, and the location is incredibly good (less than a 5 minute walk to the famous Khao San).

The woman at the desk was the owner. She could not have been nicer, and she offered great (solicited) suggestions regarding what we should do with our fews days in Bangkok. She speaks fantastic English, took our breakfast orders the night before, helped us make hotel reservations in the islands, and was accomodating in every way. She even sent us an email afterwards, wishing us a good stay in Koh Samui, and thanking us for our visit to Baan Chantra.

All things considered, Bangkok is an exceptionally busy, bustling city, and with only a few days to explore it, the experience can be overwhelming. Baan Chantra had a very calming, peaceful air about it, and we loved coming back there each night. I would recommend this place to anybody, backpackers and fancier travellers, alike.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends
5  Thank aeknyc
Reviewed 11 August 2007

My wife and I stayed at Baan Chantra for a few days in June and can honestly say it was great. It's very convenient, a short tuk-tuk ride (around 60 baht I think) from the Grand Palace and short walk to Khao San Rd. The place was impeccable, very clean and wonderfully furnished in an antique wooden style, the breakfast decent and the two ladies who managed the place were very friendly and helpful. Our room was made up every day. They also have free Internet if you wish to email friends or relatives. Though on the main road, noise was not a problem for us and I believe you can book a room at the rear of the building away from the road. They also arranged transport for us from the airport as we arrived late at night (at extra cost of course). Overall I would say fantastic. Thoroughly recommend this place. It is not the cheapest, but if you are a couple with reasonable means or want something a little more private and comfortable then this is the place.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple