Banyan Tree Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$240
US$152
US$107
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

US$78
Dream Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$84
US$78
Priceline
All reviewsgarden suitegay hotelbarracks roomsauna facilitiesfoam partycommunal showersbreakfast tablespa areashared bathroomlarge poolstandard roomtuk tukbulgaribahtsilomluxuryswimmingpool
Reviewed 25 July 2010

Babylon Bangkok is a dual facetet establishment, having both lodgin and recreation in the same complex. Concentrating on the lodging part of the establishment I have so far stayed in the Baronessa Penthouse Suite and the Bvlgari Garden Suite, I have not stayed in the B&B section (although I have been given a full tour of the facilities).

As for the Baronessa Penthouse Suite one cannot complain about the facilites. Nice, clean, well furbished and nicely located (although if one is having heavy luggage, it might be wiser to choose the Bvlgari Garden Suite and ground floor level). The only drawback I had from the Penthouse suite was that poor water pressure in the showers, but they worked.

As for the Bvlgari Garden Suite they are a true treat and my natural choice now when staying at Babylon Bangkok. Nice with a secluded entry (through parkinglot and plant nurcery) with a common private carden for the Garden Suites, and 24h available lounge with coffee, tea, snacks and fruits.

They have a wonderful breakfast buffee served on the sixth floor supporting both continental, american, scandinavian and thai breakfasts.

The staff is friendly and service minded, the restaurant, which is part of the Sauna, has wonderful food, which one can order from the hotel's terrace reception/bar.

Babylon Bangkok lies close to Lumpini park (and it's night market), the Thai Boxing stadium, and Underground station and not far from Silom shopping centre. The streets leading up to Babylon is quite narrow but feels rather secure as it is surrounded by a few embassies.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
5  Thank SwedishClobetrotter
Reviewed 12 June 2010

This is an essential hotel for all the men who would like to have fun in BKK. You will find this place exceptional interesting and uninhibited. The staff was friendly. The sauna is absolutely one of the nicest in the world. It is great place to hang out for a few days with the guys. You will have fun. Remember to bring your own materials.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
4  Thank NatureGuyDECH
Reviewed 18 May 2010

I had read the other reviews about the check in staff's lack of understanding and although the staff were very friendly their limited English makes check in a little frustrating but we finally made ourselves understood if you stay in a garden suite like we did this part is very private and very quiet however our Phone rang at 1 am with a thai voice asking could he come to our room i explained he woke us up and please go away.
the red shirt protestors where getting closer so we checked out the next morning and moved hotels. a 2nd night would have been great but most taxi drivers were refusing to take us there as the Red Shirt Protestors were causing trouble
apart from all this i would recommend this place and we will return

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mikeygwm
Reviewed 19 April 2010

We have stayed here every year over the course of more than 8 years. We like it. You must have a certain set of mind and preparation to appreciate this place however, because there are obvious down sides which have not been improved over the years. I will talk about this later.

Babylon BB and suites still carry the status for high taste level and quality for their architecture, interior decorations, and displayed art. Yes, Barrack is aged, but still holds the original quality and minimalist design spirit. You realize that none of the wall or floor parts are even chipped after so many years. This place is built solid. New Bvlgari garden suites are fabulous. Here you can see how much the owner really cares for the quality and artistic value. Splendid original art and artifacts are displayed and melded into the interior architecture.

I must also congratulate them for serving high quality fresh home made cooking, using in house baked breads and pastries, home made rice noodles and sauces. Their fried rice noodle is the best in the world. Of course you may not expect the same standard for non Thai food. But still most of their creative dishes served here are superior or comparable to high end restaurants in town.

Babylon BB and Suites are "clean" as you see Thai ladies cleaning the place all the time. I never smelled sewage or toilet as you might expect in south Asia. Only smelly city supplied water is unavoidable in Bangkok. You might have heard that there were incidents in the past of fumigating the entire floor due to mice infestation. This never happened whenever we were there. We were told that this was due to the food left in the guest rooms. The building is secure, but quite airy to outdoors.

We appreciate our breakfast time in the lounge as we meet interesting people every time not to mention the breakfast is very good. Cooks and servers are quite charming and make us smile for the start of the day.

The location is fine depending on what you want to do. It is quiet. Silom is taxi distance for a little over $1. So is Paragon and other department stores. Not much happening near by except Lumphini park and night market.

As mentioned earlier, here are some facts you have to be prepared for. Most employees speak and understand English poorly, you have to be patient and be extra cautious about everything you have to communicate. They do make mistakes as well for billings, and other paper works. Just make sure the numbers make sense to you. Mind you however over billing happened only once in 8 some years and was corrected before the we got home. I used to stay in 5 star hotels in Asia and experienced the same problems there as well including theft.

I would not ask for airport pick up as it only adds complication to them. I have never asked for pick up and always take metered taxi from downstairs of Suvarnabhumi airport where you are supposed to take if you are arriving BKK internationally. It is easier and safer than trying to find the driver. Print out the map from the website before hand,

Morning calls(manually done) were never failed. We never missed our flights because of it. On the contrary they do not have voice mail. Our friends could never be able to leave messages even with live person.

There is a theft problem from in guest rooms. Never use the safe as it can be opened by removing the label on the door. Make sure you always know where your valuables are. We were victims once, and were refunded by the hotel. It was a large sum of cash. We also heard there were more victims prior to us. Most employee are of course very helpful, kind, and honest just like we are. A very very few are not unfortunately who take only part of your cash. There may be other schemes to steal things without you noticing for a while. So be aware. Also we heard from a separate source, a manager who runs 5 star hotel in UK, that this could happen at any class of hotel.

Wireless internet may not work like a charm, but I never had problem with my iphone. They used to charge for internet use, but now charge free. I respect their intentions.

The rates can be lowered especially for Barrack considering other hotel rates.

So we still like Babylon BB and Suites because it is unique and has special qualities. We will return next time and look forward to it.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
9  Thank tenko7
Reviewed 8 April 2010

My recommendation is to check into a great hotel for the same price and then just use the spa and sauna on an as=needed basis. My partner and I rented one of the bungalow suites for a week, and although it was beautiful, I was largely disappointed. I asked ahead if there was a bathtub and if there was wireless internet service, the answer to both was an unqualified YES. However, the large and beautiful bathtub had no dedicated hot water pressure. The best we could do was partially fill the tub with lukewarm water using the shower head. This was a real problem as I live in India without a tub and look forward to vacation opportunities for a good soak. Next, the free wireless service, which came with our room, wouldn't work in the room as the signal was too weak. I was able to use the wireless if I went out into the main entrance cafe. Guests were unable to use either the pool or the gym until the sauna opened up at 10:30 am. I had paid ahead, or I would have checked out and gotten a suite at the Dusit for a similar amount of money. Overall, I would give my experience a C+, even though the room was very beautiful. The staff was friendly enough, but not particularly outstanding in any way. The northern Germans have a phrase for this "Aussen hui, drinnen pfui." It means everything looks splendid on the outside, but the inside isn't very nice. You get access to the same amenities as everyone who pays a 230 Baht (a little over $7) entrance fee, so why spend the money when you can stay somewhere sumptuous for the same money? Just come over to this very nice spa for a little R&R. Don't bother staying here.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple