All reviews garden suite gay hotel barracks room sauna facilities foam party spa area shared bathroom breakfast is served standard room tuk tuk bulgari penthouse silom baht luxury swimmingpool taxis
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

I Spent two weeks with a friend. Room was large and very beautiful. Breakfast was nice but noisy, people talked a lot. Impossible to have breakfast in peace. Too bad ! No hotel service at all . Won't go back there !

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank 61bonvivant
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night in a penthouse room (the standart one). Room was small but very clean and well kept, nice bathroom and comfortable bed. Nice gay invironmant. Walking distance from tanon main rd. Excellent service. The breakfast was poor. We paid for a machine coffee which was really oufall. Good air conditioning in the room. Couple of bars.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

This is a gay venue and it is quite well known internationally. Now, the website does not specify this, but if you are not totally naive, you should get this from the kind of images provided on the website. Do not expect happy families to illustrate this venue, the images provided are of hunky men having a good time together. I booked into the Barracks and I got what I paid for. The Barracks are quite basic, bunks and some storage. Some rooms have bigger beds and also a minibar. Mine did not, but I was able to cope anyway. We have to be honest, if you book at The Babylon, you won't spend much time in your room; the main feature of the venue is the sauna.
The sauna is really nice, different wet and dry saunas, a nice pool, showers and spa. Cleanness is often an issue in these kind of venues, but The Babylon was really clean, including rooms and shared areas. Overall really well kept.
Breakfast was fine, but nothing too flashy. I had my meals at the restaurant in the sauna; being a vegetarian the selection was limited, but I did fine for the two days I stayed there.
In terms of clientele, it was really diverse. Many tourists as you would expect. On Saturday evening was packed. Being a gay venue with shared facilities, you might see patrons enjoying themselves on your way to the toilet at nighttime.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Mirko G
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

First we checked in the Babylon barracks hotel then had dinner and got invited by the owner to use the sauna and spa. Then we found out that the hotel and spa is a gay male sex club but it didn't say so when we checked in. Terrible dirty sleazy mediocre food bad service

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
9  Thank 387georgew
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We had a great room near the garden area. Staff where awesome..breakfast terrible. So skipped that and went to eateries near by. Private members only pool and bar area for gay men only. Close to city and china town.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple