All reviews garden suite gay hotel barracks room sauna facilities foam party communal showers spa area breakfast table shared bathroom large pool standard room tuk tuk bulgari penthouse silom baht luxury
Reviewed 8 October 2009

The hotel itself is fine, but watch out for the sauna, where I and several others got massages, all of which ended before they were supposed to. The 1 hour 45 minute ended after 1 hour and 10 minutes. The 45 minute ended after 25 minutes. Make sure you receive what you buy...

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
7  Thank carberrie
Reviewed 2 August 2009

I will never ever ever ever stay here. The room was filthy, stinky, no fridge, no safe, just a prison bed.
Staff not friendly at all, restaurant staff were very very rude, breakfast ewww.
There is no security so local guys followed me (I did not know they followed) checked my room number, called me at 2am (yes 2 in the morning!) to ask if I would let them into my room for fun. He said he was calling from the reception, I could hear background gigling.
This is absolutely the worst worst hotel I have ever stayed in my life.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
20  Thank TAKLAYTON
Reviewed 19 May 2009

If you stay here you are probably here for the same reason I did.... Can not beet the location for fun but a bit far from the clubs which is about $150B taxi ride so not a big deal.

I stayed in a Duplex barracks room and also a suite upstairs. Both were fine. Beautiful but the years are taking a tool on the place.

The front desk is so nice but so stupid. The seemed to screw up every single persons reservation at the place .

Breakfast was great.

Dim Lights......tired of old guys cruising me all the time......save it for the sauna

The Sauna is amazing and spent more time there because amenities were better.

I would stay again, just make sure you have all your paper work, I will say it again the front desk is idiots but very very nice.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank alohasps
Reviewed 23 April 2009

I had often heard of Babylon Hotel/Spa but in my many visits to Bangkok I had never even ventured to the spa. This year I decided, on recomendation to spend three days at Babylon. The Hotel and the Spa are in one building but seperate. As a hotel guest you get two Spa passed each day...when you deduct that from the room rate it really knocks off some of the very accepable cost. I booked one of the Penthouse Suites and it was around $150.00 Can. a day and boy it was classy...Stone, Granit, Marble, antiques, lavish attention to detail. The wall to wall, floor to ceiling window at the foot of my bed looked out on the city sky line. Perhaps more than a person alone would need but I don't regret it and will definatly go again and next will stay at one of the ground floor pool side suites. Taxi's, Tuk Tuk, and motor bike taxi's are around $3.00 to the parts of town where you want to visit ... too far to walk... just grab a cab. The Spa is so glamorous and a labrynth of one fabulous surprise leading to another. Know for Bangkoks best Masseurs....WOW! Restaurant, bar, entertainment including a Foam Party on Friday....At least once in your life....GO!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
7  Thank DIDIGRANT
Reviewed 14 April 2009

Babylon is simply described as the ultimate gay resort and spa. European and Asian sensibilities are thoughtfully melded in a design that utilises modern materials such as concrete, steel and glass with natural materials such as slate, wood and stone. In every corner of the hotel are thoughtful design features and handcrafted wooden joinery, all of the highest quality.

There is a fully equipped gym, outdoor pool and lush tropical gardens. As with every detail in this establishment, the gardens exhibit a huge amount of planning and effort. Stag horns are grafted to palm trees and boughs are wired to trees to provide a platform for mosses and orchids. Mornings are a hive of activity as gardeners re-plant, trim and topiary.

Our reservation was made via the establishment’s online system and was seamless. Arriving somewhat later at the airport than our promised E.T.A. of 1:00am, a smiling face was waving a card with our name. Yes, 1,000 BAHT for hotel transfer is four times the metered fare, but after a nine hour flight, it seemed like good value.

Check-in confirmed our reservation and in moments we were on our way to our Bvlgari Garden Suite. These rooms are in a separate two-storey wing and are accessed via the Hot House replete with Bonsai trees and all manner of interesting plant species. Three or four rooms share a private garden and lounge room with gratis tea and coffee making facilities, biscuits and cakes. We enjoyed waking up to the sounds of bird song and the maid raking the leaves.

After four days, we moved to a Baroness Suite. These are situated on the sixth and seventh floors and have their own lounge rooms and en-suites. On balance, we preferred this suite slightly over the Bvlgari Suite as we had our own lounge room. Also, the fixtures and fittings were more ornate and of a higher quality.

Breakfast is served on Level Six and comprises both Asian and European choices. It was great to start the day with a Thai version of congee followed by an omelette made to order by one of the lovely Thai ladies.

We would return to our room to find the bed made and fresh towels and water. The bed and bed linen were extremely comfortable.

The sauna opens at midday and is free to house guests. Inside, there are both a day time café and a night time restaurant. Movies are shown in the café and most nights there was live jazz in the restaurant.

The third floor is taken entirely by the massage suite. Strong fingered Thai men will work your tired muscles for 300 BAHT.

The staff were extremely helpful and sweet. At check-out they applied a 10% discount to our first four days for no better reason than we had stayed an additional four days

You may expect that all of this would attract a mostly European clientele, but this was not the case.

In conclusion, staying at Babylon is akin to stepping into a surreal parallel universe or a movie set.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple