“Fell in love with Babylon”
Review of Babylon Bangkok

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Babylon Bangkok
Ranked #89 of 731 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 July 2008

It was my first time in Bangkok and at the Babylon so I splashed out and stayed in the Botticelli Suites. A dream world of sumptuous yet tasteful art deco colonial Thai interior decor complete with devoted maid service. The sauna and spa expereince (once I got past the breathtaking erotic and fantastical design) was the best I've ever known. I was so pleased that at last someone has decided to provide gay men with the best we deserve - place, style and ultimate expereince to have fun and absolute pleasure. Bravo Babylon - I'll be back.......

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
6  Thank TomWellington

Reviewed 22 June 2008

Since I first started coming to Thailand in 2001 I have stayed at The Babylon while in BKK. I have always enjoyed my stay, my room, fellow travelers and staff. While it is true that the barracks rooms are not as well lit as some of the florescent lit gems across Asia it surprises me that anyone would care. Read at the pool during the day.

I have stayed in barrack rooms as well as the penthouse suite, they both have been terrific. The bathhouse being adjacent is quite fun and also houses the pool area, a glassed in workout room, two restaurants and a disco.

Breakfast, besides having much to offer, is a great time to meet fellow travelers from around the world and is often a good time to start planning your day (or night!) with the added help of others that have been there/done that.

Not sure why anyone would blame the hotel for a trick stealing from them, but hey, to each their own.

I'll be back in Oct 08 and Feb 09! See you at the Foam Party.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ShawnCornell
Reviewed 28 May 2008

II just returned from my stay in Thailand April and May, loved the Babylon-Hotel and SPA-Sauna in Bangkok, it’s one of the last classy gay hotels, great location, close to all you like to see.
I had a great time the staff was very accommodating, friendly.
I highly recommend the Babylon and would go back next time again.

hgr. La. CA

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank LACARHG
Reviewed 22 April 2008

We have stayed at Babylon three times, from January 2007 to April 2008, and have had great experiences all times. It is clean and generally well run. The "sauna" is absolutely incredible, but is completely separate from the hotel if that's not your thing, though you must enter through here (2 free passes per room per day, otherwise about $8 US) to get to the pool, restaurant, massage, cabaret/dance/drag club, or gym. The sauna attracts hundreds of men each afternoon and evening, generally a good mix of local Thais, plus visitors of all ages and types from all over Asia, Europe, USA, Australia and other places.

The "barracks" rooms have shared baths, which some might not like, but is fine for us. As other reviewers have stated, the breakfast is excellent and a great way to meet interesting guests from all over the world. Cabs are cheap and plentiful, and fascinating Lumpini Park and subway are both a short walk away.

Of course, there are a few drawbacks, as with any hotel. Barracks rooms are dark, very difficult to read at night, and there is no TV. Internet access and phone service grossly overpriced. Be sure to specifically request a room that's not next to the bathroom, or you will have constant shower noise 24/7. Also, request a room on the side away from the sauna and dance club, or you will hear dance music until closing. We are still waiting for a 10% refund that was due at checkout because we stayed 7 nights. And reservations, check-in and check-out do seem a bit overly complicated and confusing, though the staff is quite friendly and helpful overall.

Safety has never been a concern or issue for us at Babylon. We have always felt secure, though clearly sometimes there are people cruising the bathrooms or hallways late at night who don't appear to be guests. Just use caution and common sense about where you keep valuables (room or lobby safe) and who you invite home. and you should be fine.

There is really no gay destination like this in the world that I'm aware of. And the price for all this is extremely reasonable if you look around and compare how much decent hotels in Bangkok are charging these days.

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank Merganser10
Reviewed 12 April 2008

This is a gay hotel, but upscale and fantastic, world class, I have never been to anything like it. Service and front desk, terrific. Breakfast, full and superb. Rooms, comfortable. Location, across from several embassies and near exc. restaurants. Near subway.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple