“One month in the Garden Suite Bvlgari 804”
Review of Babylon Bangkok

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Babylon Bangkok
Ranked #87 of 732 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2012

As we are frequent visitors in Babylon hotel and sauna, we warmly welcome in to the house by the permanent staff. The first night in the just renewed 7th floor room with private bathroom was quiet and luxury, but during the breakfast time there were some noice comig from the neighbouring kithcenette, were the breakfast ladies washed the brekfast dishes. And that noice should repeat each morniing, so we asked another room.
After the first night our luggage was transferred to the Bvlgari garden suite (804), so the quiet and peaceful holiday could start for one month. Those garden suites with very helpful and kind maids are really comfortable and very luxury furnished with pieces of old Thai art. The rooms are spacious and the common living areas are like a kings´palace.
All the staff is very friendly, even though only few of them are able to communicate in English. That is not however a problem, because they can manage servig guests with the Thai attitude and a big smile. The staff consists of gay and straight people, but they never tend to go to bed with the customers. Hotel guests are free to have outside visitors in their rooms after registered them in the reception (visitor leaves his ID in the reception while he is visiting a room).
All the facilities are safe and clean. The restaurants provide excellent food with a moderate price, like the bars provide all kind of drinks moderately priced as well. Taxis and motorbike taxis are available 24 hours on the gate, so transportation works safe and cheaply.
The breakfast in th 6th floor is simply, but very good and tasty. Bread, eggs, omelettes, juice, milk, cereals, thai food, ham, butter, marmelade, teas, coffee, sweet tarts and fresh fruits of course.
Babylon is a heaven for a gay couples as well as to those who travel alone.
I would rate Babylon a 4 stars+.

Room Tip: Do not take a barrack room, if you are not used to use common shower and toilet. All the suites have...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HelsinkiJom

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Had a fantastic time here. Room was small though. Everything else has been thoroughly thought out. What a fantastic layout. A definite must for any gay tourist! Very friendly staff, would definitely go back!

Room Tip: They don't do twin beds, so if you're travelling with a friend be prepared to share a small...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Babylon is the cleanest spa in the whole of Bangkok. The massages are amazing! Price-wise, you can get away with cheaper alternatives, but you will lose greatly on service quality and cleanliness. The premises is very beautifully decorated and very classy.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank CampBrian
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The Babylon is split into 2 very distinct and seperate parts, the B&B and the Suana,

We stayed in the Barracks again as have already done the Penthouse Suites, the Barracks are twin bed basic rooms and all NON-Suite with the communal showers and sinks located on each floor, the rooms and B&B as a whole are cleaned to a high standard but do watch the air-con as it can be very tempremental and leak in some rooms.

As the Babylon is targeted at a gay clientele there is a more relaxed and imformal attitude to dress code and dont be surprised to find someone wandering to the showers in just a towel, yes there is a certain amount of crusing that goes on but if your not interested all you have to do is say a polite no.

The suana is run as another seperate business and again this is aimed at a gay / bi clientel, there are the usual steam and suana rooms and a small jacuzzi, the open air pool is nice but naked swimming is not permitted to so bring swimwear, there is also a full poolside gym and a restaurant and coffee shop.

For me staying at the Babylon is all about the spa and massages on offer, the whole of level 3 is dedicated to these and its really worth paying for.

You can have anything from a 30 min foot massage to a 3 hr oil massage including a foot massage and salt body scrub of which i always have on my last day before flying home.

If you do book a massage it is NOT a massage with a "Happy Ending" the staff are well trained and professional so please respect this, if you want that there is the rest of the sauna to try, if you persist they will ask you to leave straight away with no refund and will charge you the full amount of the massage as well.

Room Tip: The Penthouses on level 7 are very good but be warned the lift only stops on the ground and 6th leve...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank woof72
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I think the reviews should be separated between the sauna and the bed and breakfast. The sauna is a must go. Although the staff isn’t particularly friendly or helpful, it’s still an experience worth taking in. It’s probably the only complex of its kind in the world. It’s relatively clean and the crowd has a mix types including attractive, younger guys.

The bed and breakfast is another story. I stayed in the barracks (this is where you share the bathroom) when I was last in Bangkok as a college student 7 years ago. I thought it was pretty clean and upscale, so I decided to book the garden room this time around. BUT, I guess when you’re a poor college student, it doesn’t take much to impress you.

The garden room was dingy, small and no light came through the window because the plants overtook the ‘garden’. There was gunk in the toilet and mildew in the shower stall. The sink is located inside the room and not the bathroom, which makes it odd to have to run back and forth to wash your hands after using the bathroom.

When I booked the room, I asked what time the gym opens. I’m very particular about my workout. They told me 10:30. I went at 10:30 the next day, and there was no AC on. I took a fan from the closet and got yelled at by the snooty, semi-muscular staff. When I insisted he’d leave the fan, he grabbed it and shoved it back in the closet. I complained to the front desk. The next day, the same thing happened. There was no AC. I complained again and was told that the gym doesn’t open until noon and that I would just have to wait. Who has time to wait until noon for a workout?! I’d like to get it done, so I can start the rest of my day, and I was very clear about this when I booked the room. I would have tolerated it if I was told upfront about the hours.

At that point, I cancelled my one week reservation and booked a 5 star hotel which was only $20 more per day. I don’t recommend this place, unless you're a struggling college student who can't afford an extra $20/day.

Room Tip: Inspect it first. DO NOT book online or by phone. If you must, just book for one day. DO NOT give th...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo