“Hotel and Sauna / Spa”
Review of Babylon Bangkok

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Babylon Bangkok
Ranked #88 of 733 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The Babylon is split into 2 very distinct and seperate parts, the B&B and the Suana,

We stayed in the Barracks again as have already done the Penthouse Suites, the Barracks are twin bed basic rooms and all NON-Suite with the communal showers and sinks located on each floor, the rooms and B&B as a whole are cleaned to a high standard but do watch the air-con as it can be very tempremental and leak in some rooms.

As the Babylon is targeted at a gay clientele there is a more relaxed and imformal attitude to dress code and dont be surprised to find someone wandering to the showers in just a towel, yes there is a certain amount of crusing that goes on but if your not interested all you have to do is say a polite no.

The suana is run as another seperate business and again this is aimed at a gay / bi clientel, there are the usual steam and suana rooms and a small jacuzzi, the open air pool is nice but naked swimming is not permitted to so bring swimwear, there is also a full poolside gym and a restaurant and coffee shop.

For me staying at the Babylon is all about the spa and massages on offer, the whole of level 3 is dedicated to these and its really worth paying for.

You can have anything from a 30 min foot massage to a 3 hr oil massage including a foot massage and salt body scrub of which i always have on my last day before flying home.

If you do book a massage it is NOT a massage with a "Happy Ending" the staff are well trained and professional so please respect this, if you want that there is the rest of the sauna to try, if you persist they will ask you to leave straight away with no refund and will charge you the full amount of the massage as well.

Room Tip: The Penthouses on level 7 are very good but be warned the lift only stops on the ground and 6th leve...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank woof72

Reviewed 19 May 2012

I think the reviews should be separated between the sauna and the bed and breakfast. The sauna is a must go. Although the staff isn’t particularly friendly or helpful, it’s still an experience worth taking in. It’s probably the only complex of its kind in the world. It’s relatively clean and the crowd has a mix types including attractive, younger guys.

The bed and breakfast is another story. I stayed in the barracks (this is where you share the bathroom) when I was last in Bangkok as a college student 7 years ago. I thought it was pretty clean and upscale, so I decided to book the garden room this time around. BUT, I guess when you’re a poor college student, it doesn’t take much to impress you.

The garden room was dingy, small and no light came through the window because the plants overtook the ‘garden’. There was gunk in the toilet and mildew in the shower stall. The sink is located inside the room and not the bathroom, which makes it odd to have to run back and forth to wash your hands after using the bathroom.

When I booked the room, I asked what time the gym opens. I’m very particular about my workout. They told me 10:30. I went at 10:30 the next day, and there was no AC on. I took a fan from the closet and got yelled at by the snooty, semi-muscular staff. When I insisted he’d leave the fan, he grabbed it and shoved it back in the closet. I complained to the front desk. The next day, the same thing happened. There was no AC. I complained again and was told that the gym doesn’t open until noon and that I would just have to wait. Who has time to wait until noon for a workout?! I’d like to get it done, so I can start the rest of my day, and I was very clear about this when I booked the room. I would have tolerated it if I was told upfront about the hours.

At that point, I cancelled my one week reservation and booked a 5 star hotel which was only $20 more per day. I don’t recommend this place, unless you're a struggling college student who can't afford an extra $20/day.

Room Tip: Inspect it first. DO NOT book online or by phone. If you must, just book for one day. DO NOT give th...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
18  Thank Cole R
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Wonderful place ! I stayed in the Bulgarysuite 803... modern, and decorated with thai antiques.
Its buil in a big tropical garden, and there is so mch peace around... I had the time of my life !
Also the sauna and wellnes places also the gym... one word : great !
and easy to get in Silom for bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Well located Babylon Apartments (next to Babylon Sauna) is a 10 min walk to Lumphini MRT (subway). Set in beautifully manicured tropical gardens, it is a quiet, private oasis in the centre of Bangkok. There is always a taxi or motorbike taxi out front to take you anywhere.
Standard Bulgari garden apartments have garden outlook and rear garden for private relaxing. Guests have free WIFI, access to the sauna complex including swimming pool, gym and restaurants. There is 24 reception for accomodation (apartments or high rise B&B rooms. Breakfast is a tasty comprehensive buffet on the 6 floor of the complex via private entry and lift.
Rooms are large, complete with flat screen TV, (limited cable channels), mini bar and quality appointments including art deco asian furniture. There are 24 hour snacks, coffee/tea making in the apartment foyer common entrance.

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor apartment as wooden floors make the ground floor a bit noisy..Apartment 813 is la...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank mwarner54
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Okay, its not cheap but worth every dollar. We had a garden room which was just lovely; everything was very thoughtful down to the cookies left outside of our room. The room itself was not huge but luxurious. It was very quiet and peaceful all during the day and at night. The staff could not be nicer as we were allowed to check in early and check out late. The breakfast is to die for. The gym and pool area are very nice, and the sauna was very active and without attitude. Even if you stay only a night or two, its worth the experience. The other guests were not overly friendly but that is their issue as my partner and I had a great time during our stay.

Room Tip: I don't know what the barracks room are like, but the garden room was wonderful.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple