“Hotel Stay with Family”

Ranked #123 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Newcastle, Australia
“Hotel Stay with Family”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I can highly recommend the Bandara Suites whether you are in Bangkok for a short or long stay. The hotel is about 30-40 minutes from the airport in busy traffic so a lot shorter if you get good traffic.
The 2 bedroom suite we had was more than ample for our family of 4 with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a self contained kitchen, and combined lounge/dining.
We stayed for 4 nights and did not have any concerns the staff were all excellent and most helpful with any questons we had.
the hotel is a quick walk to the skytrain station which will get you to all sorts of places including the major shopping centres of MBK and Siam, both of which are huge (by Aussie standards).
The hotel is also a quick walk to the main street where you can find a ATM's, myriad of shops, 7/11 shops and Thai restaurants as well as the regular take away places like Maccas, Burger King and KFC.
The Bandara suites also have room service which just for fun one night with the kids we ordered in and was well priced and yummy.
There also is a great little restaurant inside the hotel directly across the road which you can get take away from which we did one night after a long day of touring Bangkok we were just too tired to get dressed up for dinner.
Tha Bandara does have its own restaurant but the only time we ate there was at breakfast each morning as it was included in our room cost. The breakfast is ample its a buffet style with cereal, toast,pastries, eggs every way etc as well as fruit, salads and some thai foods.
The pool at the hotel was important to our kids and they spent every spare moment we had there mostly in the evenings and it was great that it was open until 10pm, there is also a lovely warm spa that was just what i needed to soak in after a long day of walking/touring, there are towels provided free of charge by the pool.
I could not fault Bandara Suites, it is not a 5 start motel but was everything we needed being a family of 4.

Room Tip: We were on the 23rd floor and had a great view, if you are a family get the 2 bedroom suite
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Michelle W
BBK-General-Manager, General Manager at Bandara Suites Silom, Bangkok, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Greetings from the Bandara Suites Bangkok!

Delighted to hear that your family enjoyed your stay with us a short time ago.

Having recently joined the hotel, we are so pleased to see that so many of our guests are posting some very nice comments here on Trip Advisor.

Our signature restaurant 'Maison Chin' is becoming very famous here in the City as, Ken Hom the famous TV personality and extraordinary Chef is the mentor and designer of all the dishes presented at both lunchtime and dinner. Guests can enjoy various menus designed and created by Ken Hom. Look out for Ken's famous set menus.

If you are ever back in Bangkok, we look forward to being of service to you and please feel free to email me before your arrival so that we can make sure that all is in order.

Matthew C Hindmarch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights with my husband for my birthday. Great location! Near the BTS. The staffs are nice and accommodating although you have to repeat almost everything and speak slowly. Their restaurant had a great selection of food, you get free breakfast. Pool is great. Bed and pillows are comfy. Room is clean and of adequate size. Free wifi, you just have to ask for the password.

I will definitely stay with them again on my return trip.

Room Tip: Don't forget your room key when you go out as it is what you use to get into their back door.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Meilin888
Sawasdee krab!

Thank you for the lovely posting here in Trip Advisor.

Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look foward to your next visit.

Please feel free to contact us by email and let us know when you will be arriving so that we can make sure that all is in order for you.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I was in Bangkok for business in December and stayed at Bandara Suites. Great room, very spaciouswith seperate living room. This was ideal for working as had dining table i could spread everything out on.
Staff were all very friendly and the cleanliness was perfect.
I dined in Maison Chin for lunch both days. They have a fantastic buffet everyday with a huge selection and to die for dessert station. The buffet various a little everyday so plenty of choice. One evening I enjoyed Maison Chin for dinner. Maison Chin is the restaurant of celebrity Chef Ken Hom and dinner was outstanding.
All in all great place, i will be back!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Greetings.

Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us recently.

Having just arrived myself to the hotel, it is a pleasure and honour to be working with Chef Ken Hom here at his restaurant Maison Chin. A delightful personality with outstanding cuisine! I am sure that many future guests will enjoy his wonderful menus......

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to Bandara Suites very soon and please feel free to contact us at anytime.

With best regards

sydney
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Booked the 2 BR apartment for my birthday so some friends could stay over. Was very happy with the room. It was quite large.

The living room is great for hosting a small group of people. The bedrooms were a bit on the small size, but still adequate, and the beds were quite comfortable.

There's a small area next to the kitchen that could be used as a childrens play area.

It's just a 5 min walk to Silom and the sky train.

Probably the only negative is the area can b a bit unsafe at night. I had my mobile snatched from my hand by a couple of guys on the motorcycle when walking neat the hotel.

If I can get a discounted price again I'll be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank sydboy07
Sawasdee krab!

Thank you for taking the time to write here on Trip Advisor.

Very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us but very sad to hear about the unfortunate incident regarding your handbag. This as you will find in most major cities is a isolated incident and we hope that it did not mar your stay with us. We can only suggest that guests make sure that their handbags are on their sides which face to the walls rather than the roadside so that they are not so be seen so easily.

For best prices, you can always have a look on our websites and please let me know if you return and we shall make sure that all is in good order for you.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Stayed here for two nights in a superior double room. I don't normally book hotels like this, I normally go for guesthouses as I feel they have a lot more personality and atmosphere. To me this hotel was pretty standard, it wasn't anything special but was a nice enough place to stay for a couple of days. Our room was ok, we had requested non smoking but it smelt very strongly of smoke which I didn't like. The pool area is nice, great place to escape from Bangkok. The reason I booked the hotel was because my parents were staying here, they had one of the two bedroom suites which was very nice and had a great view. They had free wifi which is very handy.
The area is ok, it is in the business district within walking distance to Patpong markets and Lumphini park. It is also very close to the metro and sky train so easy to get around Bangkok from here.
One thing I found strange was that they took my credit card on arrival and without telling me charged me for an amount which was larger than what I owed for the room. This caused a little confusion when we checked out as I thought they were charging me twice. The other amount got refunded back onto my card a few days later so everything was fine but I just found this very strange!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Greetings from Bandara Suites, Silom.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a posting here on Trip Advisor.

As l have just joined the hotel on 1st March, l have read your comments below and would like to thank you for bringing them to our attention.

Bandara Suites does offer guests smoking and non smoking rooms in both our buildings. This is something we are looking into to provide more and more non smoking rooms as time goes by, but obviously smoke does travel and sometimes which makes it a little difficult to control. We have to find a happy balance to make sure that our truly international market mix can accomodate all our guests.

All areas of the hotel now provide FREE WIFI to guests. Something which we felt was very important for our guest during their stay. Due to local regulations, guests are required to obtain a user name and password from reception so that we can administer documentation required by the local authorities.

In regards to the credit card pre-authorisation, this is normal practice in several hotels as we find many guests in the fast world of travel just drop their key and leave on their departure day. Hotels will organise a pre-authorised charge upon arrival which is held until departure to cover any incidental charges guests might have with. The only time guests credit cards will be charged is when you sign the slips and the card is re-swiped upon your departure. Please accept our apologies if this was not made clear to you upon arrival.

We hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future and thank you so much for letting us know about your experiences with us.