6,394 results
All reviews across the river the executive lounge flow restaurant river city shuttle boat diamond member chao phraya river rooftop bar free boat top floor boat service hotel boat great view of the river main restaurant our honeymoon an upgrade pool area is
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed at the Millenium Hilton for two days on my first trip to Bangkok. Overall a good experience but some disappointing items given that this is one of the most expensive hotels in Bangkok.

Check in/check out process was fast and easy. Elevators are slow and my key card never scanned more than 1/4 tries. Breakfast buffet was 500B but worth it for quality, variety and convenience. Keep in mind when you're leaving that the front desk doesn't call ahead for taxis - you may have to wait at the taxi stand until one comes through/it's your turn.

Location: #1 point for me - the hotel is on the west side of the river, and I found myself needing to cross the river to get to all points of interest. Traffic gets bad on the bridge. There are free river shuttles but this still adds time to your trip. The hotel is next to Iconsiam, a big shopping center, which was fun and convenient.

Room: clean and comfortable, awesome, gorgeous view. Comfortable bed. Some issues:

- Shower handle broken upon arrival. Fixed in 30 min but I was eager to shower after 24
hours traveling.
- Drain plug in bathtub did not work (kind of irritating)
- Lighting is dim in the bathroom which made putting on makeup unnecessarily difficult. There is a makeup mirror but mine was broken and wouldn't hold a position.

Fitness club: Great to have, nice equipment. Nice locker rooms with steam room, dry sauna and jaccuzi.

Pool: great, fun, but a little noisy in the middle of the city with construction nearby

Rooftop bar: very calm, comfortable, great views, but not great service. Had to physically chase down my waiter to order each round. 10% gratuity automatically applied to checks.

Overall, I was happy to have a nice, safe place to stay, but look forward to trying different hotels for my next stay in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river
  • Stayed: November 2018, travelled solo
millenniumhiltonbkk, Director of Operations at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Camille D

Greetings from the Millennium Hilton Bangkok!

Thank you for choosing the Millennium Hilton Bangkok as your hotel during your recent visit and for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

We are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us. I would like to thank you for bringing the different issues to my attention and I already relayed your experience to our relevant Department Heads for their immediate action as I cannot accept such feedback about our property. I will do the follow up with them based on the points which were not up to your expectations and satisfaction to ensure that we will just offer a top quality service.

Rest assured that our team members endeavor to make a concerted effort to achieve ultimate guest satisfaction and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Booked two rooms. Neither room was ready upon arrival and the hotel were unable to accommodate an early check in. No problem so far. Went out came back 3 and half hours later to find that one of the rooms had a faulty tv. My brother was asked if he could wait for a technician to come to the room. He explained that he was tired and had waited long enough. They offered a complimentary upgrade. When I asked if we could have a room together it was explained to me that “...there’s nothing wrong with your room, so no you can’t!..” when we arrived in the room it stunk of smoke masked with air freshener. I asked if there could be something done about it and they offered to spray it. I suggested that it has already been sprayed. Next thing an industrial scent diffuser was placed in the room. I had to ask that this be removed as the room was overpowered by the scent and it was causing my daughter to become ill. We are now back in the room with the door wedged open to try and clear the air. I’ve uploaded some photographs of broken furniture, badly stained cushions and seats. Bit of a disappointment...certainly would not recommend. I normally stay at the holiday inn or crown plaza and have never been let down by the accommodation or attentive staff. Poor service and a bit of a dump. Not what I would have expected from Hilton.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank LoveGreatFoood

Dear LoveGreatFoood,

Greetings from the Millennium Hilton Bangkok!

First of all allow me to apologize for what may have been disappointment for rooms. We will make sure your preferences check in will be handled more carefully in the future. Your comments have been shared with the relevant department heads and team members concerned. This valuable feedback allows us to continually monitor and improve both quality of our products and standards of services provided.

We are grateful for your comments as such information enables us to continually monitor and improve the service we are offering. We do pride ourselves on our exceptionally high standard of service and I do sincerely hope you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience.

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Hilton. I look forward to welcoming you once more to Millennium Hilton Bangkok in the near future.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Millennium Hilton is still in the midst of a transformation process in more ways than one.
The rooms and suites are being refurbished and the work is ongoing. There have been no structural changes and, during our visits in September and October, we experienced no noise. The corridors, rooms and suites now have a much younger and fresher interior makeover and the overall image is impressive.
The second transition is that since November 10 it is now the neighbour of Icon Siam, the huge new mall which has been under construction for the last several years. It has everything from the only Apple store in Thailand to Hermes. I’ve read in recent postings that the traffic situation outside can now be difficult outside. Worth consulting with the concierge on taxi times when leaving to the airport.
I always recommend friends to book on the Hilton website and register as a Hilton Honors member to get the free WiFi. Also, booking or paying for an upgrade to the Executive Floors, or a suite, gives access to the Executive lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails from 5.30pm to 7.30pm.
The staff here are all friendly and efficient from the Concierge, the Front Desk, the Executive lounge, Housekeeping and all the staff in the restaurants & bars – too many nice people to mention here.

Room Tip: Pay for an Executive room
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KP_KK_BKK

Dear KP_KK_BKK,

Greetings from the Millennium Hilton Bangkok!

We are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us. Your comments have been shared with the relevant department heads and team members concerned. This valuable feedback allows us to continually monitor and improve both quality of our products and standards of services provided.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I am so impressed with the chao phraya river view from my window's room. It is really different from hour to hour. The hotel service was 5 stars, but the most I love , they provide a free shuttle boat to the nearest BTS station. I will come again

Stayed: November 2018, travelled on business

Dear Daydream811810,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Front desk reception staff struck me as being a little 'tired' and 'wooden'. Not at all what I'd have expected in Thailand, especially a hotel of this calibre (price) in Bangkok. Room 2201, lower level executive panoramic suite, was nice. The rooms are at the river end of the corridor so are quiet. The view was awesome and the room amenities were entirely adequate except ... yeah you guessed it ... the mind-boggling discovery that it was going to cost me 70THB to get some ice to chill-down our drinking water. Seriously, there was no way to self-serve ice short of sneaky business. That discovery played tricks with my brain - ridiculous penny-pinching five-star luxury. Damaging IMHO.
Concierge staff were excellent throughout.
Hotel restaurants adequate but nothing particularly praiseworthy.
Conference facilities very good for our size of gathering (several hundred but not a thousand).
Free water taxi ended up being a highlight, partly because the road access was simply dreadful (even by BKK standards). The large IconSiam mall 50m down the street was opening while I stayed. We ended up catching a boat across the river, either to Sathon Pier (BTS station) or to Si Pha Ya, and then continuing using other transport modes.

Executive lounge was nice, with some glorious views (especially of the next door mall opening event - including awesome drone display). Evening cocktails and nibbles readily replaced dinner when we were so inclined. Bigger breakfast, by far, downstairs but I much preferred breakfasting in the quieter lounge.

Room was quiet. Aircon did that sneaky penny-pinching thing that is so popular with the big chains nowadays … choked-back on its cooling in the middle of the night (a bit like 'free' hotel internet access).

All in all, despite some frustrations and OMG WTF moments, I'd stay here again and I'd most likely enjoy it.

Room Tip: The views from the panorama suits are very good. Go high though.
  • Stayed: November 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank GiffyGiraffe

Dear GiffyGiraffe,

Thank you very much for your loyalty and for choosing to stay again at Millennium Hilton Bangkok and for taking the time to write us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We are grateful for your comments as such information enables us to continually monitor and improve the service we are offering. We do pride ourselves on our exceptionally high standard of service and I do sincerely apologize for this bad experience and hope you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience.

Please contact me directly when planning your next visit. I would be delighted to handle your reservation and will personally ensure you receive the level of service you are accustomed to at Hilton.