“Totally Consistent”

Ranked #341 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Cheshire
“Totally Consistent”
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Another wonderful stay at the beginning of our holiday - then again at the end.
We wouldn't think about going anywhere else in Bangkok, location is fantastic for an authentic Thai experience, rooms always very clean and tidy, showers are invigorating - powerful and lots of hot water.
Service from reception staff has improved since our last visit - with one exception, person who finds it difficult to smile and is unaware of the "can do" approach.
Hope to return.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank manorom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Sibiu, Romania
Reviewed 5 June 2011

I was there in 2009 with some colleagues. we were very impressed with the place. clean, quiet, friendly staff, good and rich breakfast buffet

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank clarissawhite
Vientiane, Laos
Reviewed 10 April 2011

I stayed here with my girlfriend mid March 2011, having stayed here before, I knew what I was getting - A clean and trustworthy guesthouse in Bangkok. Much to my surprise the facilities have improved since my last stay 3 years ago. Rooms now have TV's and Wi-Fi access.

There is also a decent mini gym in the hotel which is free for use should you want to use it.

It is the opposite side of town from the back packer area (khao san road and around) so if you're looking for tourism this probably isn't the best place to stay as you're going to have to Tuk Tuk or Taxi to the grand palace, etc...

It is more or less on the door step of Patpong (google it if you've not heard of this!) - so you may want to be aware of this. I don't believe it is so close that it is 'in your face' however.

I've given a lower score on the value, as at approximately 1500 baht a night I feel this is a little expensive as a traveler - which meant we could only afford to stay for 2 nights before moving on.

If visiting Bangkok again I would definitely stay here again for a couple of nights.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Cheshire
Reviewed 11 November 2010

My family and I have stayed here many times, the location is fantastic - authentic Thai experiences await you on every street corner. Close to skytrain, underground metro and the beautiful Lumpini Park. Silom Road pulsates with life and BCGH provides a safe and peaceful haven.
Always clean and efficient BCGH is extremely good value for money.
I've stayed three times this year and the accommodation and service was as consistently good as previous times - although it depends who is on duty at reception as to whether you are greeted with a smile.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank manorom
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 19 August 2010

We were a group of 17 people on a church service trip so it was only natural that we would stay at the Bangkok Christian Guest House. But I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The hotel location is great and it is extremely safe. The hotel public spaces and rooms were very clean and well maintained. The hallways and rooms are somewhat plain and decorations are sparse but the bed was comforable and the air-conditioning worked great. We were on a tight schedule and the hotel arranged for us to rent vans that drove us arround the city for a day. We did not have time for the free breakfast in the morning, our flight departed at 5:40am and we left the hotel at 3:30am. Bangkok is a big, busy city and BCGH is an oasis of peace and calm. To make reservations, just e-mail the hotel. They are wonderful to work with and will arrange airport transfers and tours if needed. Please note: No alcohol is permitted in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010