All reviewswat arunacross the riverrooftop bargrand palaceno elevatorboutique hoteltha tienindustrial styleflower marketreclining buddhariver viewshort walking distanceferry stoppraya riverfourth floorbrilliant locationtaxi driver
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 night. The hotel is located near the tourist attraction (e.g. Wat pho, Wat arun, Grand Palace, etc.). Very helpful receptionist by providing some advise for us, especially thanks to the FOM.
The hotel has a nice view rooftop bar with an excellent cocktail.
Breakfast is normal with the limited of selection for the menu. As we came at around 8-8.30a.m., F&B staff just focused on the service for a table of a couple Westerner. When we finished our juice, there was noone to come and offer refilling; however, when the Westerner finished the staff just came and offered automatically. The same with the coffee, I had to look around and asked for one more coffee even though I finished it 15 minutes ago. I will have another review for the restaurant about Dinner experience.
The hotel provided very healthy turn down service with a special drink. Thanks House keeping staff for making up our room tidy.
Overall, it was a pleasure stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Edward N
SALAGuestServicesMgr, Manager at sala rattanakosin Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Edward, thank you for choosing to spend your time in Bangkok with us at sala rattanakosin Bangkok. We are so pleased you had such an enjoyable time and it’s especially pleasing to hear that you receiving such good service from our front office and housekeeping teams. It is regrettable however and we have taken your points up with our restaurant team about your less than satisfactory service which is hugely disappointing. We are glad that this did not detract from your enjoyable and pleasurable stay and we truly hope you’ll return in the future. Our sincerest regards the sala management.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

It was a short but was fun BKK trip!

It is our 1st time in BKK and found out of the hotel via reviews.

It is far from the city but near the wats... the best part of it all are the staff of the hotel. They are very helpful since day 1! Helped us how to get here and there, gave us tip on how much should the cab charge us... they are very attentive to your needs and the breakfast was good. The very best of the trip was when the hotel staff surprised me with a birthday cake! Is was not a cupcake but a cake! I was so overwhelmed and was so happy! The effort to do that was amazing! I didnt expect anything from them but they went out of the way for the surprise! So thank you everyone for the amazing and best surprise!

Kudos to the team who really did their best everyday!

We will definitely go back!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank buchoy925
SALAGuestServicesMgr, Manager at sala rattanakosin Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Signature buchoy925, we could not be more pleased that you had such a magical time at sala rattanakosin and it was all down to our wonderful sala team. We are so chuffed that you were surprised with your birthday cake and were so impressed with our sala service. We shall look forward very much to welcoming you back, please do contact us directly so we may ensure your reservation is given the importance it deserves. Our kindest regards the sala management.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

A few things of note: we visited during a time when Thailand was mourning the loss of their king, which is a difficult time for the Thai people and has various impacts on sights in the immediate area of the hotel--road closures, the closure of the Grand Palace, etc. Our hotel prices may have been inflated because of the influx of people coming to visit for this reason.

If you are visiting the city strictly to visit the Grand Palace, Wat Pho, or Wat Arun the location of this hotel will be perfect for you.

The staff and views are nice but the rooms are rather basic. There is no elevator either.

That's fine for us as we stayed in everything from five star hotels to $12/night hostels on our trip, but for the money we paid (~ $120/night) we found that you can get a lot more bang for your buck in one of the many other hotels in Bangkok.

I will say the breakfast was quite good and the views were lovely. If you're looking for plush accommodations in Bangkok, you can explore some other places that will offer you more. If this location suits you--I'd say you would be happy here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara L

Dear Sara, thanks for your candid review of your stay at sala rattanakosin and we are pleased that you found our location so convenient for the old city and the numerous attractions which are within easy walking distance. Unfortunately being we are classed as a listed building with a bit history in Bangkok we are restricted to a staircase and aren’t permitted to install a lift (elevator) I am afraid which aids to the character of your stay but is not welcoming to anyone who would find stairs a problem. Our breakfast is always much talked about and our executive chef appreciates the importance of a great breakfast to start your day and adventure in old Bangkok. Thank you again and we wish you all the best, the sala management.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

The view (Wat Arun as pictured) from my upgraded room was spectacular, both morning and night. Bed was comfortable and room was well equipped. The room itself could use some updating as it was worn in areas but pretty much had everything you needed and was clean. The breakfast was very good and service was efficient and friendly. Once I got my bearing I was able to walk to the Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Wat Arun and figure out the ferry service (though more info could have been provided by the hotel on where the ferry stop actually is as this was rather confusing to find...)

I did arrange a car for pick up at the airport through the hotel but the driver had no idea where the hotel was located (in front of Wat Pho, but down a very small alley) and after very long plane rides, 1AM arrival time and a packed Grand Palace due to a late night ceremony for the late King, this was very stressful as the driver was extremely frustrated (close to having a major panic attack I think), and wanted me to call the hotel for directions which I couldn't do because I couldn't see or figure out how to dial a number in Thailand in a very dark car... But we did finally get there! A taxi driver my daughter took the next day from the airport also had problems finding the hotel so I suggest you do your homework (preferably print out directions in Thai) before heading to the hotel for the first time. Other than that this was the perfect location for me to see the main Bangkok sites (though I only touched the surface) in a very short amount of time, and the view was to die for.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Dear Susan, thank you for taking the time to write such a splendid review of you visit to Bangkok and your stay with us at sala rattanakosin. We are very sorry that both you and your daughter struggled to find us and we will try and do something to inform guests better and aid their transfer as it should be stress free and enjoyable. It is wonderful to read though that this did not detract from you having a pleasurable and exciting visit to Bangkok even if it was a little short. We hope next time you’ll be able to stay for a bit longer and explore this wonderful city much more. Our kindest regards the sala management.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Fantastic location it is located between wat arun and wat pho. The views from the windows of Wat arun and the night lights that come to the bed, makes Just the perfect romantic scenario. I really enjoyed the breakfast!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank benjaminthorpe

Hi Benjamin, thank you so much for your review of your stay with us at sala rattanakosin. Our breakfast always receives great praise and it is great that you thoroughly enjoy it too. We hope you will return for another romantic stay in the near future. All the very best the sala management.