All reviews suan plu bedroom apartment tuk tuk washing machine and dryer home away from home local market full kitchen pool and gym long stay living area quiet location definitely stay here again silom road buffet breakfast street food bts station balconies
Reviewed 22 January 2013

this was our third visit to the somerset. We thought they would have ironed out some of the issues, such as rather tired decor and facilities. But in spite of hearing it had been improved very little has been improved. The breakfast is large in quantity but low in quality.
The staff are very kind and helpful, but are not supported by effective management.

Room tip: Avoid the rooms where the toilet leads off from the bedroom.
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Valter N, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Dear Graham F,

Thank you for your feedback on your 3rd stay with us.
We hope to commence our refurbishment program by mid 2013.
We hope that on your next visit you may experience our refurbished rooms. More information will be published on our webiste when we have firm start dates.
Thanks for your continued support.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

Fairly good location if the hustle & bustle is not what you unwind to at the end of the day.Besides Baan Kanitha,Sala Daeng,Suarwong & Silom nearly right by the corner rest assured our gastronomic leanings needn't suffer.great rooms for the price.we had ourselves a 3bedroom unit & the space offering was delicious!

Room tip: Higher floors for sure buffers the sound & a great kaleidoscope

Dear Leah1998,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay.
I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the local restaurants in our area.
All our three bedrooms are located on the highest floors 25-28.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

Whenever I visit Bangkok I stay in Somerset Suanplu. Perfect service, spacious clean rooms and professional staff. though some 10 mins walking from Skytrain, taxis pass in abundance. There is nothing to complain about and if so the staff will fix it immediately. Highly recommended.

Room tip: All quiet, no problem.
Date of stay: January 2013

Dear VittorioItaly,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with Somerset Park Suanplu. I am pleased to read we continue to provide you with excellent service and facilities that meet your requirements when travelling.
We look forward to your next return.

Reviewed 29 December 2012 via mobile

We have been staying at somerset whenever we are in Bangkok for holiday since 2005. Rooms are still as brilliant, clean with excellent view and they are better equipped as the years go by. However, service seems to get worse every year. This year particularly, was here in June and recently in December this year.

In June, my fiance and I completely forgotten about our return flight date and got a call from the reception to check out, we were the ones who made a mistake, so after checking our flight dates, I told the reception it was our mistake and we will pack up and check out but she told us we had another booking for end of the month, I was so shocked because I was pretty sure I didnt make another booking, so she made me go all the way down to take a look, turned out that it wasn't even my name.

Recently, the experience just got worse. After checking in and going to the room, I realised it was a non-smoking room when I asked for a smoking one. I had to again, travel down to settle it at the reception. Next morning, the maid kept pressing our doorbell and eventually opened the door, I was in my PJs and i told her to just give us water and new towels, she pushed the door so wide, another male guest was peeping into our room! I merely wanted water and towels, not her whole trolley!

Next morning, I got a call for check out, I was too mad because I get disturbed every morning. Apparently the receptionist made a mistake and called to the wrong room!

When we went down to wait for the free shuttle tuk tuk, we were told that there was no driver and so one of the staff tried to get taxi for us but ended up having a big argument w a taxi driver and almost got into a physical fight. This is a major establishment and not some little guesthouse, it isn't very nice to see a staff having a brawl with a cabby just at the porch of the hotel. However another bell boy saved the day, he told the cabby to just drive off quickly and got us another cab and the hotel paid for it to make up for not having a driver for the free shuttle.

We requested for late check out at the reception as we'd usually be given because our flight was at night, instead of telling us politely, she gave us an annoyed look and said, "latest we can give you is 1pm, after that we will charge". I was so mad and almost wanted to lodge a complaint there and then! We were usually given till 2pm but this time it was 1pm, I had no problems with that but at least, speak politely as I said again this is no small guesthouse, hostel or b&b!

I don't think I'd stay here ever again, this December was my last straw. Perhaps it was our very high expectations especially when their service was brilliant from 2005 to 2011. If I could ever get to make a booking at lakepoint instead, I guess I'd jolly well do that, service here has gone completely down the drain. Very disappointing.

1  Thank shutterdust
Valter N, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Dear shutterdust ,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I am truly sorry to hear about your unpleasant experiences on this occassion. While we constantly strive to maintain the highest standards of customer satisfaction, regrettably, on this occasion, appears we have fallen short of our key objectivs in a few areas of our operation. I therefore wish to extend to you my sincere apologies.

Whilst our guest service is normally one of our strengths, I would like to assure you that I will be addressing the issues raised with the staff concerned and will ensure that they receive the necessary guidance to perform a much better role moving forward to avoid a recurrence of such incidents.

I can assure you that we value your feedback and your feedback will be used to improve our service and communication.

Once again, please accept my apology.

Reviewed 27 December 2012

Great quality to price ratio for downtown Bangkok. Secured my room via Booking.com for 2200 THB per night during the XMas holidays.

Pros
- newly furnished and spacious apartments
- great value
- lots of cheap local eats 2 mins walk away from the hotel (head left towards the 7/11)

Cons
- traffic around the hotel is quite bad during weekdays as it is in the financial and diplomatic district

- top notch

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mattiasdad

Dear Mattiasdad,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay.
I was especially pleased you found great value and top notch service from our staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Happy Holidays.