“Satisfaction guaranteed”

Ranked #410 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
New York City
“Satisfaction guaranteed”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Very clean and comfortable hotel, right in the center of Bangkok by Sukhumvit Road and Soy 15. Reasonably priced, free tuk-tuk (mini shuttle bus) service to close destinations, great breakfast and extremely cheap and delicious restaurant food. Good combination of price and value.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I travel to Bangkok a lot and I always stay Zenith but this time I thought I would try the Royal President. It was very good but I really missed the rooftop pool at the Zenith. There is something about swimming higher than anyone in Thailand that really floats my boat. Sometimes I would be looking up at the Zenith from the Royal President in envy at all the lucky swimmers splashing about.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank stellawindy
Penang
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I was looking forward to stay in this hotel after some calls to the hotel and also the review from others. After a long flight (8 hours) i finally touch down to Bangkok. Getting to the hotel was pretty much easy from the airport using the airport link, stop at Makassan Station and then proceed to Petchaburi MRT and just 1 station away, you reach Sukhumvit station. Take Exit 3 and once you are outside the terminal, turn right, and walk for 5 minutes to reach Soi 15, turn into that street and walk another 5-10 minutes reaching the hotel.

Finally here. Great!!

1) At first, I book thru the hotel website directly, but when I checked in, I was told that the confirmation does not went thru. After some complaining, it was settled on the spot.

2) Then I was put into room to the very end of the building. And to my surprise, my view was a construction building!! I ask for a change, but unlucky me, the hotel was fulll thus I have no choice. Standard room are located at the end of the building as I was told so you have to be ready for the view.

I checked out on the same night without staying and book into another hotel as I really do not like the view outside my window. It's creepy!

For the room, and the price you are paying for, if you look more carefully, you will get a better price hotel with the same quality.

Definitely not my choice for my next trip.

Reach here and been into the room for 10 minutes on 11th January 2012.

Room Tip: Choose a Deluxe room. According to the manager on call that night, the construction will take 3 year...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Edmund C
GMRP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this review, 16 January 2012
Dear Edmund C

Thank you for your feedback and I truly regret that we were not able to make your stay a comfortable one.

It is unfortunate that your booking did not go through; we are looking into this but I am glad to hear that it was resolved.

Unfortunately, construction in Bangkok is an ongoing thing and much of the time beyond our control but fortunately for us the construction work to the neighbouring building is coming to a close and the building is slated to open this year.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to present ourselves in a more favourable light. We are not the newest hotel on the block but we will do our best to ensure guests enjoy their stay with us. Please contact us directly the next time you plan a visit to Bangkok.

London
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Here is a place where I will certainly go back to.
I paid around 2000 Baht for a deluxe room in the Park wing.
The view (8th floor) is nothing special, but the room was very nice, so was the lobby and the service. No one tried to get a tip from me following me all the way to the room, it was a decent compromise of quality, international hotel feel and intimacy.
It is therefore possible to have marble and a quality room without breaking the bank.
The location is good, in Soi 15 of Sukkhumvit Road, near the action but a bit on the side to avoid the chaos.
Breakfast was varied and adequate, but not to die for, maybe I wasn't hungry!
My favourite was the room, which came with a small kitchenette with microwave and kettle, a bathroom with good quality units and fittings, a bathtub and a separate shower.
TV and Free wifi in the room, a sofa, a nice and spacious desk did the rest.
I'm glad I found a good spot for overnight stay in the Sukkhumvit area, this will become my place of reference there.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank canerandagio
GMRP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this review, 9 January 2012
Dear Canerandagio

I am very happy to hear that you will be returning and look forward to meeting you on your next visit. Please do let me know.

In the meantime, thank you very much for a very positive review. I have passed on your comments to the staff and needless to say they are most pleased; and without any bias I completely agree that our rooms are more than adequately furnished and exceptionally spacious.

Wishing you a wonderful year ahead!

Perth
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I am currently staying here. Have been here 4 nights and 1 more to go. This is a GREAT hotel. Yes it is a 5 minute walk to the Sky Train. That is not a problem as almost all the good hotels are at least a 5 minute or more walk to sky train. Though I would say that if you have difficulties with walking etc, then maybe this is not the hotel for you. As in placeses there is no footpath and you will need to walk on side of road. Though this is NO problem for me and my 6yr old son. The rooms are big and roomy. Great with DVD, micro wave, tea/coffee making. Shame some people complain about the pool not getting alot of sun etc. That is the case with most hotels in Bangkok. Breakfast is good. Good selection.
I have stayed in alot of hotels in Bangkok and Thailand and I must say that for the money, this is a GREAT choice.
I generally stay at sister hotel, Grand President. But Royal President is a very close 2nd.
I have no problem in recomending this hotel. Very good and thank you to the great staff.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Dear Daryl Green

Thank you for such a wonderful write up! The staff are so pleased to know that their efforts do not go unnoticed.

As you correctly stated, footpaths here are often too narrow or obstructed, however, we do have a complimentary tuk-tuk shuttle service transporting guests to and from either Asok or Nana BTS Station or the main road. And yes, our rooms are especially good for those with family as not only are they extremely spacious, they are well-equipped with everything from a kitchenette to washer/dryer (in select rooms).

Again, thank you for your kind words and we wish you and your family a wonderful and prosperous 2012!