“A Dream Come True!”

Ranked #98 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Canada
“A Dream Come True!”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I think I'm a pretty fair reviewer (read my recent and rather tough review of an Ubud, Bali hotel) so please don't think I toss an "excellent" rating out there too easily!

I usually stay in the Banglapmphu (backpacker/Khao San Road) part of Bangkok but decided to try something different & a little more upscale this time. I stumbled upon the Dream on Agoda and booked it based on reviews, and I could not have been more pleased.

Great location, clean, hip room, comfortable bed, very quiet, great bathroom, home made cookies and some fruit placed in my room each day!? Awesome pool (very clean, this from someone who borders on obsessive about such things), large breakfast buffet (lots of choices, and with the standard Thailand mystery meats pressed and formed into various disconcerting shapes), MOSTLY friendly staff (I found a couple of the reception desk girls to be somewhat cool and indifferent). All this for a mere $50/night!

Really there is nothing bad I can say about this hotel, aside from the turnoff of the very dank, damp-smelling hallways - but it does not permeate the rooms, thank goodness or I would have been outta there.

Maybe there are lots of hotels in this category in this area of Bangkok at a similar price range, I don`t know...all i can say is I was beyond pleased with this choice and will absolutely stay there again. A+.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank GiliGirlie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have rarely encountered problems. When minor ones have occured the staff have been professional and courteous and found a solution that has been highly satisfactory. I can't fault any of the hotel staff from the maids and waitresses to the reception staff and managers. They are always friendly and warm and nothing is ever too much trouble. I look forward to my stays at the Dream and they are renown for having the most comfortable beds in the world. Even when I have arrived late or had to change the dates of my stay, the reception managers have made the changes effortlessly. The rooms are a good size and the bathroom well planned out. Both are cleaned without fail every day and the bed linen changed. All rooms have a big flat screen TV and most importantly a kettle with tea and coffee supplied. Apart from the occasional noisy neighbour the rooms are quiet and relaxing and very comfortable. Yes, there is subtle blue lighting, but lots of other lighting. Also,if you need to do some hasty ironing, a maid will always find a board for you. Breakfast is plentiful and there is a wide choice of food to satisfy all tastes. After a busy day sightseeing, it is always a pleasure to return to the Dream, kick your shoes off, make a cuppa and put your feet up. This hotel has everything. (Tony B. ENGLAND)

Room Tip: I think that choosing a room is a personal thing and I have my favourites. However, I have stayed in...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Tony B
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I have been wanting to stay at this hotel for a while, actually every time I go past it on my to what is now (most unrecommended) Royal President.
Anyways prices where always high, but when there was an offer I jumped at the chance. I checked late after 11pm but the check in process was easy as pie. 2 minutes and I was off to my room. I was intrigued however that the receptionist who was wearing a smart uniform why she had pink home slippers on her feet :I
SO the room is pretty much how it looks in the picture, I would not call this hotel luxury as such but more modern minimalistic both room and bathroom. the blue light is definitely a trip...I had a hell of a time to get them all switched of before sleeping.
OH! need to know... walls in these rooms are thin, I could here y neighbors conversation talking loudly on his phone, then his TV blaring afterwards. But we paid him back making noises of our own few times later that nite ;)
Room came with breakfast and THANK GOD a hotel who serves till 11, so sleep in and don't worry catching up to the buffet breakfast which is by the way totally worth it. so many different things, it will keep you interested.
I liked it but not necessary my top pick in the area, but still I am glad I finally stayed here.

Room Tip: high floor will shield you from the street noise to a degree ask for corner room at least you will h...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tosents
Europe
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Dream is situated about 5 minutes away from Sukhumvit main road, an easy walk from the Skytrain station. There is, I think, a complimentary tuk-tuk service to Sukhumvit.

Reception was fast and efficient. The room itself was nice - decently sized, couple of armchairs, small table, fairly big desk and chair, and a large LCD TV with a good cable TV selection. There was ample wardrobe space (there were even two terrycloth bathrobes inside) and in an-room safe.

The bathroom was bright and clean, with a nice selection of toiletries. Everything was in good condition, looking new or nearly new.The shower was a bit of a disapointment. The glass partition is not long enough, so the floor can get fairly wet after showering. There is definitely enough room for a bath, but I think this luxury is reserved for superior (?) rooms...

The trademark "blue light" effect as seen in various pics although somewhat corny was fun - it's well designed.

Breakfast was OK - nothing special, but solid. The swimming pool is in another building - I did not have time to take a look.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Danno_99
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 8 May 2012 via mobile

This hotel has two buildings . Cool spacy design that reminds you of some sort of an acid disco club in europe . Basically its housed by single males that enjoy thai girls . So you get a good minibar and all the protection required for a hot night . The rates are good ,but i didnt like the location so much . So its perfect for a bangkok bachelor party crowd !!!

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo