US$78
Dream Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$84
US$75
4,299 results
All reviewslower lobbydiamond membercentral worldthe club loungesiam paragonf bexcellent locationfour seasonsbusiness hoteleasy accessbreakfast spreadbts stationshopping mallspassoskywalkghmee
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I was at the property in May 2011 with family & friends. Grand Hyatt location at the trendiest intersection of Ratchprason junction in Bangkok. Centrally located within walking distance from all major shopping malls. Epitomizing luxury & opulence. Excellent facilities with good restaurants. You are assured exceptional service and luxury at the Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Vikrant11
Reviewed 22 June 2011

great service, i have been there several times in last two years. the hotel staff greets you properly. true Thai hospitality.

Room Tip: ask for one facing the road.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank The_road_house
Reviewed 14 June 2011

There were some really great things that Hyatt offered as an introduction to Thailand. In the business of the city, I really appreciated the beautiful and regal decor. The rooms were large, quiet, and they offered great views of the city.

The best part of the hotel was the fact that it was so close to the train system. It really allowed me to move freely through the city and at my own pace. The independence it offered along with a lifeline, was invaluable for a traveler.

The beds were comfortable, the bathrooms were spacious and although I didn't take a dip, the pool looked great.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. They hailed us a cab, made sure we were headed to the right destination, and made great recommendations for local street food!

When I dabbled in a lot of local street food, I was excited to come back to my room and have 3 apples waiting for me. It was a great touch Hyatt. I also really appreciated the free coffee room service in the early morning and afternoon. It was a great touch of service.

There were a few things that bugged me about the hotel:
1) Internet - There was no free internet or wi-fi. it cost $30 for 30 mins, which is ridiculous. I went down the street, found an internet cafe and accessed the internet - 30 mins for $1. Really Hyatt, 30X the going rate?

2) Breakfast was great - but also super overrated. It cost us $25 per person for breakfast. Really? $25? My omelet wasn't that great. Stop charging NYC prices!

I wouldn't let expensive internet access and breakfast deter me from this Hotel, especially since it offers so much more. I just won't eat or surf the web there. After all, its Thailand!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bhavi_BK
Reviewed 14 June 2011

On the whole, it is truly a great place, marked by a very friendly attitude. Although the building itself is not exactly the newest in Bangkok, it has a fair amount of charm. (The lobby sort of reminded me of Grand Dame European hotels.)

Service was good and unobtrusive. We were picked up at the airport by a very attentive driver. Check in was a breeze with absolutely no hassle. When I called the front desk to report a problem with the safe in my room this was rectified within 10 minutes. The whole thing was service with a smile.

Breakfast was a bit iffy. I had room service one day and it was ok, but not great. The second day I went downstairs to the lobby for the buffet and it was also ok. Considering that this is Thailand I would have expected a bit more variety. (It really does not compare to the buffet in the Singaporean hotels). However, one night we had dinner at the Erawan Tea Room, and it was absolutely great. I understand that the Italian was also quite good, though I did not try it myself.

The room was appropriate. Showing some age, but not in desperate need of a refurb. Overall, it was clean, with plenty of space and fairly well designed. (I suspect that the corner desk might not be everybody’s cup of tea).

Next time I'm in Bangkok I will certainly stay here. I liked it so much, that I am considering going back for a long weekend.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Paisa_on_the_go
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Flawless hotel, great service, excellent restaurants, great location, great gym, beautiful pool. I can't say enough about this hotel. If I had one complaint, it was that the swing shower door would open a little during my shower, and the closet door opened and turned the light on occasionally. That's it!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business