7,646 results
All reviews moon bar vertigo restaurant the club lounge saffron restaurant rooftop restaurant our honeymoon one bedroom suite booked a club room turn down service amazing hotel business district welcome drink lumpini park luxury hotel tuk tuk spa incense
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed in Banian Tree Hotel during my first visit to Bangkok with my son.
I would like to make a compliment to the recepcionist Wanida
She was so atentious and helped us during all of our stay.
The check-in we made seated she came
to us.
By coincidence she was there also during our check-out.
Good location and great staff, including the hostess of the restaurant in the basement floor.

Thank you to make our stay unforgetable!!
Fabio Nogueira (Brasil)

Trip type: Travelled with family
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear fan139,

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of Banyan Tree Bangkok, and for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience.

Thank you also for praising our associates, your words are a great testimony of their commitment and dedication to creating memorable experiences for our valued guests. Especially, Khun Wanida and our Romsai Restaurant team. We are very proud of our people and believe that they are amongst the finest in the industry, and your comments are an endorsement of such belief.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and thank you also for your patronage of Banyan Tree Bangkok. The team and I look forward to having you back in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel lobby is elegant with a nice open bar. The room was very clean and everything looked fresh and new. There was a desk in a separate living room which was nice to have.

The location is very central to restaurants and the temples though the traffic in the area right around the hotel is especially atrocious.

The restaurants and bar on the rooftop terrace is a plus for the views though the restaurant is unreasonably expensive.

Check-out was very slow because they had just upgraded the system and it wasn't working properly so it required that they do everything manually.

Overall, a very good choice with excellent value for the money.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank michaeldC5792HL

Dear Michael D,

We are delighted that you liked tour room and the extra space that they provide.

We appreciate your kind compliment regarding to the Moon Bar & Vertigo on the rooftop which we shared with the team. In regards to the pricing, because we are at the higher and of the dining experiences in Bangkok so we do carefully review the pricing with other similar experiences in Bangkok and the region and we think that it is in line with other 5-star rooftop restaurants and bars.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience with the manual checkout process. You are right that our system underwent a major upgrade on the day you departed, during which time the team were operating on a manual system. We appreciate your understanding.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and thank you also for your patronage of Banyan Tree Bangkok. I know it is a long way from Canada but if you make it back this way the team and I hope you will again choose to stay at Banyan Tree Bangkok.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have stayed at the Banyan Tree on 2 previous occasions, our last visit was at least 10 years ago so we were a little concerned that the quality of the hotel would not live up to our high expectations.
It did not disappoint, we were greeted and since we were staying in a club room, we were whisked away to the club lounge to check in. Check in was fast and efficient while we enjoyed a welcome drink & cold towels.
We stayed at the Banyan Tree for 3 nights in a Club Room on Level 24 and would highly recommend this grade of room as it gives access to the Club Lounge, where you can choose to eat breakfast which is quieter than the main breakfast restaurant downstairs, as well as drinks throughout the day, along with afternoon tea and canapés at set times. Service in the lounge is exceptional, and would like to acknowledge all the staff with a special mention to Khun Kook who took great care of us and went above and beyond amazing service, ensuring everything during our stay was exceptional. Also our lovely amazing waitress Penny, always ready to serve with a smile and a chat – Thanks heaps it is staff like this that is the reason we return.
The rooms – Our Club room was great, included separate lounge area with desk, coffee machine, comfy bed, good facilities, only downside was lack of view from our room. Nightly turn down service included a cute turn down gift that we love to take home as a reminder of our stay.
The Pool & Gym Facilities were on Level 21 and included a snack area, showers, sauna and they also offered several complementary gym sessions including yoga. Pool was relatively small given the size of the hotel, also chairs were limited so often difficult to find anywhere to sit, and also the temperature of the pool could be a bit warmer.
Food – Our package included breakfast, our first breakfast was downstairs in the main breakfast area, and the selection of food was extensive included western, Asian, Indian & Japanese foods, along with salads, salmon & sliced meats. There was an egg station that offered eggs in a variety of ways including omelettes, scrambled, poached, fried and of course eggs benedict. Great coffee along with sparkling wine was also on offer. Our second 2 breakfasts we ate in the Club Lounge as the choice was good and it was quieter.
The bars - 52 floor garden restaurant Saffron Terrace is a beautiful venue to enjoy cocktails and light snacks and offers spectacular views, as well as a live band.
Vertigo and Moon Bar on the 61st floor is also beautiful and has amazing views. If you get there early to grab a seat along the outside of the moon bar is it well worth it. Having been to the Sky Bar at Lebua, a couple of days earlier I would suggest the Moon bar over the much hyped, overcrowded Sky bar that allows for standing room only and drinks being more than double the price
Vertigo Grill Restaurant – After enjoying our cocktails we decided to return the next evening for a meal at the Vertigo Grill Restaurant, we had the share plate which was the Lamb cutlets, with potatoes and green beans, we also ordered extra greens but really did not need any more food, serve was large, well presented and delicious. The service was impeccable by our waiter Boom who was very attentive and catered to our every need.
Special mention must be made of Khun Patt, General Manager of the Moon bar and Vertigo restaurants. During our visit, he certainly made sure that each and every guest received the best attention possible. He ensured the staff were focused on the customer.

Room tip: Club room offers extra's that make it well worth upgrading.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank debgods

Dear debgods,

Along with the team of Banyan Tree Bangkok I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel on your recent visit to Bangkok. Thanks for making such a full review of the hotel which I am sure that other future guests will find useful.

Thank you as well for the compliments regarding breakfast and the variety of choice in the Executive Club Lounge, turn down service and the Pool & Gym Facilities on the 21st floor. Spending time at Saffron Sky Garden and Vertigo & Moon Bar was a great choice as both bars give you spectacular views of Bangkok but with totally different atmosphere. Your words are a great testimony of their commitment and dedication to creating memorable experiences for our valued guests. Especially, Khun Kook, Khun Penny and Khun Patt. We are very proud of our people and believe that they are amongst the finest in the industry, and your comments are an endorsement of such belief.

Please don’t want another 10 years to come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at the Banyan Tree in Bangkok for four nights for a friends 30th birthday. It is my first time to Bangkok so didn't know what to expect.

From the second we arrived at Banyan Tree I knew we were in for a treat. The hotel is absolutely beautiful!!

We booked the two bedroom club access suite, huge room and very well appointed.

I highly recommend club access as this was were we spent breakfast, afternoon tea and canapes. The food was next level and the service to match.

But there is also alot more to this hotel, the breathtaking vertigo bar on the rooftop and Saffron restaurant AMAZING!

As it was my friends 30th they came to the door with flowers, decorated her bed with roses and even a birthday cake a Saffron restaurant.

Also a special mention to Anita who worked in the club lounge, she went above and beyond to make this trip memorable for us all.

We are all travel agents from Melbourne so have seen many beautiful hotels around the world and I have to say this is top of my list!!

I will definetly be back and will always recommend it to my clients

Thank you Banyan Tree!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ElleRaidal

Dear ElleRaidal,

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of Banyan Tree Bangkok on the special occasion of your friends 30th birthday and also, for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience.
We are very happy to learn that your stay was a pleasant one, and thank you very much for sharing such gracious comments especially about the service, facilities and benefits in the Club Lounge and our two bedroom suites. We especially appreciate your kind compliments about our staff, especially Khun Anita –I think that it is the service that really separates the good with the great. It sounds like you all experienced many of our restaurants and bars which is wonderful.
Again, thank you for sharing your experience and thank you also for your patronage of Banyan Tree Bangkok. We look forward to welcoming your customers to Banyan Tree Bangkok – we will look after them. Aso if you come back to Bangkok we hope to be able to welcome you back also.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I asked my fiancee to marry me at the top of this hotel at the Moon bar. The staff was absolutely amazing, helpful to make the event one that my future wife and I will cherish for the rest of our life's.

I had called ahead for our dinner reservation and had informed the staff, that I wanted to ask my fiancee to marry me. The amazing staff had prepared a beautiful surprise.

I would highly recommend the recommend this hotel. I look forward to returning for our future anniversaries together.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Adventurer996,

We are so honoured that you selected our rooftop Vertigo Restaurant to propose to your fiancée and start the new chapter of your life and thank you for your kind comments about the team who made this so special. Your words are a great testimony of their commitment and dedication to creating memorable experiences for our valued guests. We are very proud of our people and believe that they are amongst the finest in the industry, and your comments are an endorsement of such belief.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and thank you also for your patronage of Banyan Tree Bangkok. The team and I look forward to having you back anniversaries.