2,861 results
All reviewschocolate buffetthai restaurantzuk bargarden suitebeautiful hotelsathorn roadan executive suitehealth clubbusy citycoffee machinethe banyan treebusiness districtconcierge deskluxury hotelpool sideour honeymoonceladon
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

This trip is for celebrating my mom's 60th birthday, and it was the smartest choice to stay at the Sukhothai hotel. I've visited Bangkok many times, but so far this hotel is the best. From Check-in to Check-out, all staff were very kind and helpful. Especially staff at the front desk, Tippie and Photo, were more than nice to us.
My mom was very moved by their kind words and service, she even insisted to take a picture with them. The hotel and garden seems to be very authentic Thai style and historycal. The room was cozy and clean, and the breakfast was excellent- any other hotel breakfast could be better than this. Even the restuarant, Celadon, is where you should visit in Bangkok. The hotel bar, ZUK bar, has a free Jazz performance so you don't need to go to other places for enjoying music and drink. The hotel is well worth it's price and if you look for traditional Thai style luxurious hotel rather than common chain hotels you can go any ohter places in the world, Sukhothai hotel will be the best choice.
We will definitely visit again!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2017

The selection of a hotel in Bangkok is always tricky as one is spoilt for choice, Especially if it is 5 star accommodation due to the plethora of choices.

I recently had a 5 night stay at the Sukhothai. The hotel opened in 1991 and has stood the test of time. It is as relevant today as it was then. The design and decor are timeless.

The Sukhothai differs from most Bangkok hotels with its sprawling gardens and low rise buildings. You feel that you are in a resort rather than an inner city hotel and you immediately feel a sense of calm as you enter the driveway.

Our room was spacious, decorated beautifully with wooden panelling and thai silk. A little dated yet still functional. Rooms are designed with a walk in wardrobe area and bathrooms house a seperate toilet cubicle, bath and shower stall.

We had breakfast daily which was lavish and overlooks a delightful inner courtyard with water feature.

Sadly the pool was closed for renovation during our stay but the hotel kindly provided access to a nearby hotel with complimentary transfers.

Staff are lovely and knowledgeable. I left my jacket after having checked out and contacted the hotel on my return, they had located it and were quick and efficient in having it sent to me.

My only criticism is that the decor is unchanged since its inception. Despite still being lovely, there are signs of age. Carpets in the lobby are in need of replacement and rooms could do with minor updating. Other than this, the Sukhothai is a delightful place to stay and is highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017

This is my first stay at the Sukhothai Bangkok and it was really great experience. Stayed 2 nights in suite, room was very comfortable, calm and warm. The bedding was comfortable and inviting, the bathroom was huge and clean. Especially the staff is very helpful and kind. I asked concierge to deliver something under a tight time line, but they managed it gently and quickly. Thank you very much Toom, toon and Jete!! :)
(unfortunately some facilities are closed for renovation…)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2017

After a couple of trips in Bangkok - each time trying to experience the same kind of welcome one gets when one visits this amazing city, I have tried a couple of other hotels, and after deciding to re-experience the Sukhothai again, I am glad I did (and so did my companions) as this made me feel good about being back at the Sukhothai, where I felt all that was pleasant and familiar from previous stays here has all been rekindled! I am happy to call this my home in Bangkok! If one needs any tips and information about destinations in and around the city - all one needs to do is call Thoom at the concierge!

Room Tip: all rooms are good!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elcampoman
Reviewed 17 September 2017

I stayed at The Sukhothai Bangkok for 4 nights at the end of August with my 9y. old child. The hotel is like a small Thai oasis in the middle of the Bankgkok busy life. We were upgraded to a suite upon arrival; it was an amazing thai design room with two balkonies overlooking the inner yard water lilly pond.
My child had a birthday and he was surprised with a cake and song, which left him thrilled to tears.
One of the best hotel beds I've ever slept in, superb bathroom amenities.
Everything we asked for was arranged to my utmost satisfaction,the spa; the concierge; the reception; the in-room dining; we travel a lot and we seldom experience such hospitality... the people were really going the extra mile to make our stay great, and that' s what it is all about!
The swimming pool was under reconstruction, still that problem was magnificently and delicately solved with a shuttle to a neighbour hotel and drink vouchers.
Thank you for the unforgettable stay, we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We stayed on the groung floor, had two balconies overlooking the water lilly pond.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family