“the service quality impressed me...”

The Sukhothai Bangkok
Ranked #35 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I stayed in here on business purpose. The moment I stepped in to the lobby, guest relation only asked my name and escort me directly to our room while explaining the hotel facility. The checked-in process all done in my room. One more thing the bell boy refused the tips I gave. This process quite impress me, compare to other hotels they will only gave your rooms keys and offer staff to carry your luggage into the room.
I stayed in standard room, but the facility more than other standard room in other hotel. The room was very convenient, bathroom quite large with bath tub, shower and toilet in a separate room. Every room was given wifi password (free), universal charger, fresh fruit and chocolate everyday.
But not like the room, the breakfast list menu in overall is standard. During my 3 days stay, all menus were the same.
In term of location, for those who plan to have great shopping experience had to hold their breath, because there are none shopping arcade located by walking distance. But you can always ask the door man to find you a cab.
Over all, I truly enjoyed the service and hotel environment and looking forward to do re-visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear Guest,

On behalf of The Sukhothai Bangkok, we thank you for taking your time to write us a review. We are pleased to learn that you were impressed with our check-in process and our accommodation facility met your expectation. Your comments on breakfast list menu will be addressed for improvement. We certainly look forward to your return.

Hotel Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,597)

Reviewed 2 August 2012

I've been a guest at the Sukhothai Bangkok many times and I'm always happy to go again. Nice location, friendly reception, very comfortable rooms (with toilet covers that almost talk to you) and unforgettable food. The pool facilities are amazing and you can have delicious meals right there, while you enjoy the sun, the warm water and champagne. One thing about marks me very much about the Sukhothai: its decoration! It is so chic, so classic and modern at the same time. Even if you don't stay there, go and visit, have a tea and you'll love it! One last thing: if you leave very early in the morning, they provide you a marvelous breakfast box!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LuizDutraNeto
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Dear Guest,

On behalf of The Sukhothai Bangkok, thank you for your feedback. It’s always a pleasure to welcome returning guests. Delighted you felt comfortable in our rooms and that you were impressed with the food here along with the pool facilities. We highly appreciate your recommendation and compliments in regards to our décor. In the near future we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

I stay in many hotels on business throughout the year and this is always the best. None come to mind that match the understated comfort of the rooms, the peacefulness of the hotel, and the high quality staff.

Room Tip: Insist on staying in the main building. I prefer the view from deluxe rooms to a suite.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Dear Guest,

On behalf of The Sukhothai Bangkok, thank you for your kind compliments. We are delighted to learn that you were impressed your stay with us and your acknowledgments on our accommodation and service is highly appreciated. We hope that on your next trip to Bangkok we would have the chance to welcome you again.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

I had to cancel my reservation due to a last minute flight cancellation and when I called to cancel, I was told that I'd have to pay anyway. Understandable, since I was past the 24 hour limit. I called back to make a new reservation when my new flight details were confirmed and due to the early arrival of my flight, I needed early checkin. I was continually pressured to pay for an extra night to guarantee early checkin and it wasn't until I threatened to hang up that the guarantee was given. This left me with a bitter taste. Next time through Bangkok, I'll try a different hotel and hope for a better experience.

Room Tip: my room faced the courtyard which offered a very pleasant view... the windows open too so it was nic...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to The Sukhothai Bangkok.

As a well-travelled guest, your comments are very valuable in helping us to maintain a high level of service to our guests. I am disappointed to learn that our Reservation Agent did not extend the flexibility to accommodate your travel plan for early arrival request. Please rest assured that department heads concerned have been briefed to look in to the areas mentioned and that we will certainly do our best to improve in the needed area. On the other hand, I am pleased to learn that you have enjoyed the other aspects of your stay.

This obviously does not change the fact that you were inconvenienced and had an unpleasant service interaction with our team member. We are highly committed to provide you with high quality service. As a gesture of our apologies, the recovery plan details had been communicated to you on a separate email and we hope that you would kindly accept it.

At The Sukhothai Bangkok, one of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us for our continuous improvement.

Pattama Yoshimura

Reviewed 31 July 2012

We were on a tight itinerary, and the hotel did a great job making us relaxed. Car pickup (for a fee) worked fine & was a nice Mercedes van. Restaurant choices were great, and my teenage kids found plenty of Thai food to their liking. Unfortunately, the big fish ponds were drained for maintenance, but that should not be long. Service at pool was not super fast, but they were trying hard - just a bit understaffed there I think.

Room Tip: I'd prefer a room facing in to enjoy the nice ponds.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

On behalf of The Sukhothai Bangkok, we thank you for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor. Delighted you enjoyed our limousine service as well as your experience in our restaurants. Your comment in regard to our service at the pool is well noted and will be shared with our team for further improvements. We hope in the near future we would have the chance to welcome you and your family back to The Sukhothai Bangkok again.

Hotel Manager.