US$190
Agoda.com
Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$292
US$278
Priceline
2,836 results
All reviewschocolate buffetthai restaurantzuk bargarden suitebeautiful hotelsathorn roadan executive suitehealth clubbusy citycoffee machinethe banyan treebusiness districtconcierge deskluxury hotelpool sidef bour honeymoon
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I've been a guest at the Sukhothai Bangkok many times and I'm always happy to go again. Nice location, friendly reception, very comfortable rooms (with toilet covers that almost talk to you) and unforgettable food. The pool facilities are amazing and you can have delicious meals right there, while you enjoy the sun, the warm water and champagne. One thing about marks me very much about the Sukhothai: its decoration! It is so chic, so classic and modern at the same time. Even if you don't stay there, go and visit, have a tea and you'll love it! One last thing: if you leave very early in the morning, they provide you a marvelous breakfast box!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LuizDutraNeto
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Dear Guest,

On behalf of The Sukhothai Bangkok, thank you for your feedback. It’s always a pleasure to welcome returning guests. Delighted you felt comfortable in our rooms and that you were impressed with the food here along with the pool facilities. We highly appreciate your recommendation and compliments in regards to our décor. In the near future we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

I stay in many hotels on business throughout the year and this is always the best. None come to mind that match the understated comfort of the rooms, the peacefulness of the hotel, and the high quality staff.

Room Tip: Insist on staying in the main building. I prefer the view from deluxe rooms to a suite.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Dear Guest,

On behalf of The Sukhothai Bangkok, thank you for your kind compliments. We are delighted to learn that you were impressed your stay with us and your acknowledgments on our accommodation and service is highly appreciated. We hope that on your next trip to Bangkok we would have the chance to welcome you again.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

I had to cancel my reservation due to a last minute flight cancellation and when I called to cancel, I was told that I'd have to pay anyway. Understandable, since I was past the 24 hour limit. I called back to make a new reservation when my new flight details were confirmed and due to the early arrival of my flight, I needed early checkin. I was continually pressured to pay for an extra night to guarantee early checkin and it wasn't until I threatened to hang up that the guarantee was given. This left me with a bitter taste. Next time through Bangkok, I'll try a different hotel and hope for a better experience.

Room Tip: my room faced the courtyard which offered a very pleasant view... the windows open too so it was nice to be able to hear the fountain.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to The Sukhothai Bangkok.

As a well-travelled guest, your comments are very valuable in helping us to maintain a high level of service to our guests. I am disappointed to learn that our Reservation Agent did not extend the flexibility to accommodate your travel plan for early arrival request. Please rest assured that department heads concerned have been briefed to look in to the areas mentioned and that we will certainly do our best to improve in the needed area. On the other hand, I am pleased to learn that you have enjoyed the other aspects of your stay.

This obviously does not change the fact that you were inconvenienced and had an unpleasant service interaction with our team member. We are highly committed to provide you with high quality service. As a gesture of our apologies, the recovery plan details had been communicated to you on a separate email and we hope that you would kindly accept it.

At The Sukhothai Bangkok, one of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us for our continuous improvement.

Pattama Yoshimura

Reviewed 31 July 2012

We were on a tight itinerary, and the hotel did a great job making us relaxed. Car pickup (for a fee) worked fine & was a nice Mercedes van. Restaurant choices were great, and my teenage kids found plenty of Thai food to their liking. Unfortunately, the big fish ponds were drained for maintenance, but that should not be long. Service at pool was not super fast, but they were trying hard - just a bit understaffed there I think.

Room Tip: I'd prefer a room facing in to enjoy the nice ponds.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

On behalf of The Sukhothai Bangkok, we thank you for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor. Delighted you enjoyed our limousine service as well as your experience in our restaurants. Your comment in regard to our service at the pool is well noted and will be shared with our team for further improvements. We hope in the near future we would have the chance to welcome you and your family back to The Sukhothai Bangkok again.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Regular return guest and simply spectacular as normal. Yes, its a shiny 5 star hotel with an understanded and timeless elegance. Its neither old fashioned, nor modern. Its just quality, luxury and understated elegance. Food is first class, pool is massive with nice gym and separate mens & womens spa areas. Spa treatments are the best I've experienced and the whole place is just awesome.

Its not the first class facilities that make this place unique - its the staff. Return guests are greeted by name by almost all staff, and its like a home away from home. The staff are this hotels biggest asset and I'm sure the hotel management know this.

Room Tip: There are two separate buildings. One main building (so if you want to be with the main lobby, retaurant, etc). We prefer the Deluxe Studios in the Pool Building. They overlook the pool so you can just head up with your towel in the lift and don't need to walk through the main hotel areas.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and it’s always a pleasure to welcome returning guests to our property. Pleasing to hear you are satisfied with our dining and leisure facilities, especially our pool and spa treatments. We also sincerely thank you on your remarks in regards to our service, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Best Regards,