US$78
US$211
US$145
US$107
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$155/night.

US$73
The Peninsula Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$302
US$287
2,825 results
All reviewschocolate buffetthai restaurantzuk bargarden suitebeautiful hotelsathorn roadan executive suitehealth clubbusy citycoffee machinethe banyan treebusiness districtconcierge deskluxury hotelpool sidef bour honeymoon
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We were traveling with two young children, and the general sense I got was that we were far less welcome than the large group of Morgan Stanley (or was it JP Morgan) bankers there for a conference. In general, would not recommend if you are with young kids and want friendly, helpful service. The general atmosphere was surprisingly cold.

The property itself is of course very beautiful, and peaceful.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2012

Thank you on behalf of the entire team at The Sukhothai for taking the time to post your review.
While we aim to delight every guest, we acknowledge that your recent stay did not meet your expectations.

We pride ourselves on having a wonderful blend of business and leisure guests and are disappointed that your family did not feel welcome. It is unfortunate that we were not made aware of your concerns during your stay as we would most certainly have made every effort to enhance your stay.

We hope that we will be able to welcome you back someday so that we can restore your confidence in The Sukhothai.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

If you are accustomed to the chiseled stonework of a Balinese 5 star restort's bathroom, you ought to manage your expectations.

The Sukhothai is very, very good. The pool is an honest dark green rather than the usual impossibly iridescent blue. There is a lavazza coffee pod machine in your room. That's right. The Thais have worked out that westerners, and perhaps more importantly their wives are different beings pre and post coffee.

Remember to hide your unused pods in the afternoons so that housekeeping reloads your quota of six pods. This results in at least 2 double shot coffees for you and your significant other the following morning.

The location is good. If you were like me and knew nothing of the layout of Bangkok and would be none the wiser having read a 50 word explanation from an enthusiastic reviewer, just trust me, the location is good.

Oh... The Bose iPod dock in the room. Outstanding.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank OzCynic L

Thank you on behalf of the entire team at The Sukhothai for taking the time to post your comments.

We are delighted that your enjoyed your experience and appreciate your feedback on our in-room amenities. Rest assured that when you next stay with us, we will be sure to provide a more than adequate supply of coffee pods.

Delighted that you found our location suitable as we are indeed minutes away from where you need to be or what you would like to experience in Bangkok.

We look forward to hopefully having the opportunity to welcome you back to The Sukhothai in the future.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

The Sukhothai Hotel has always been my favorite hotel sanctuary in Bangkok throughout the past two decades. I've stayed at many different hotels in Bangkok over the years (and in different locations due to business/conferences/client preference/visiting family preferences, etc.) but given the choice, I will always choose the Sukhothai as it's truly a hidden sanctuary in the middle of the city (although the location is not in the hub of shopping/entertainment, it's only a quick/cheap taxi ride away; and precisely because the hotel is located far off the street, and not surrounded by construction, it's stunningly quiet). On this most recent trip to Bangkok, I first had to stay a few days in a noisy city hotel (chosen by a client who wanted to be near our meetings) which was a claustrophobic and not particularly pleasant experience. As a reward to myself, I booked myself into the Sukhothai for my final two days in Bangkok; as always, it was like walking into blissful, stress-free and beautifully under-stated elegance. It is by far one of the most beautifully designed city hotels in Bangkok. The hotel is named after the Sukhothai Dynasty, which is known as a period when the arts flourished, and the design/architecture throughout the hotel reflects this--it's both aesthetic and restful to the eye and mind. At the same time, one is utterly pampered with modern amenities and expected comfort of a 5-star hotel (which at the Sukhothai always feels like a resort in a city to me). The pool is heavenly (and quiet), with tented areas, and lush tropical surroundings (including body pillows to lie close to the pool edge; too easy to lie by the pools for hours in a meditative stupor). Excellent small gym that I used both days at the hotel (if for no other reason then to make caloric room for the fabulous Thai food (in such a beautiful atmosphere) at the hotel restaurant Celadon and the amazing breakfast spread at the Colannade. I had no time to eat at La Scala this trip, but highly recommend it for their superb Italian cuisine. I've always loved the rooms at the Sukhothai...luxurious, tasteful and art-oriented and I always book a room with a sun terrace to sit outside amid the view of lotus ponds. Finally, I also enjoy the hotel as it tends to cater to business people and couples and therefore there are few children (hence, the wonderfully quiet atmosphere in the hotel). All in all, just bliss.

Room Tip: Rooms around the ponds w/balconies are my favorite (and of course, the suites....).
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Asiaexpat81

On behalf of the team at The Sukhothai, thank you for your kind review of our hotel.

It is always a special pleasure to welcome our returning guests and we are delighted that we continue to live up to your expectations and remain your favorite hotel in Bangkok. Your comments regarding our luxurious rooms, the ‘heavenly’ pool and exceptional dining options are appreciated.

We anxiously await your return to The Sukhothai.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

Good location, near the river and just a quick taxi ride away from some of the hot spots in the city. Chic and modern, nice comfy rooms where we had a "pillow menu" (I got the lavender pillow - very nice). We chose the breakfast package and were blown away by the huge, delicious breakfast spread! Definitely worth the money because it kept us going for hours! The one complaint is that the first night we stayed they had a wedding on the grounds that played music and kept us up late into the night. We loved the pool but didn't eat at any of the restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the courtyard!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments as it relates to your recent stay at The Sukhothai.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your lovely comments about our guest rooms, pool and breakfast buffet served in Colonnade. We truly apologize that your stay was impacted by the noise disturbance from an event taking place at the hotel but hope that we were able to make up for the experience in other ways.

We look forward to your return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

4th stay at Hotel - and one of major disappointment.

This is a difficult review to post, as I had such high expectations from previous visits, and therefore I find this a very sad posting - this was a hotel which I viewed as being one of my favourite in the world to stay - however following my last visit.......
We had to request room change due to odour in room, drains?? - New room poorly presented......dirty carpets in corridors, odour in corridors - drab lighting, not the overall ambiance that a 5* should present. Currently waiting on reply from Management to e-mail I sent 8 Jan, covering all aspects of this disappointing visit - unfortuantely to date no reply.

Massive decline in standards since 1st visit in 2009, and looking online there are better options. Had planned this trip round spending Christmas in this Hotel - were we disappointed - yes. Did we have a good customer experience - no.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank travelprincess27

On behalf of The Sukhothai team, thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

It is always a pleasure to welcome our returning guests and we are therefore deeply saddened that you overall experience with us this time did not meet your expectations. We have recently completed an extensive renovation of all of our guest rooms and were surprised by your feedback.

I trust that you have received our response to your email in which we have acknowledged and addressed the concerns that you shared. I wish to reassure you that every member of our team strives to delight each and every guest and hope that your will afford us the opportunity to restore your confidence in The Sukhothai on a future trip to Bangkok.