2,880 results
All reviews chocolate buffet thai restaurant zuk bar garden suite beautiful hotel sathorn road an executive suite health club busy city coffee machine the banyan tree business district concierge desk luxury hotel pool side our honeymoon celadon
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I just returned from a trip to Bangkok and Cambodia. We stayed in the Sukhothai Hotel in Bangkok. When I first arrived I was worried that the location was not that good. I was wrong. I actually loved the location of the Sukhothai. You could walk to Silom Road, there were wonderful restaurants that were very close, and you are so close to the subway.
The hotel was wonderful!
I looked at all the 5 star hotels in Bangkok including the Oriental, Four Seasons, St Regis, Dusit Thani and Shangri-La. I liked our hotel the best.
Our room was fantastic. We had an Executive room that had two bathrooms, a huge bathroom with soaking tub, fabulous shower, large area with a sofa in the middle and two of everything.
The beds were really comfortable and we had a sitting area and seperate work area. The decor was beautiful as well, the blinds were made of wood and when you opened them we had a view of the pool.
The staff was wonderful. As soon as we arrived, which was late at night, we had them come in and help us with all the electronics and re-charging them and setting up all the converters.
The restaurant was great! We went to the restaurant for Breakfast daily. I loved that they remembered us and remembered how we liked our coffee and brought it before we even asked.
The grounds were beautiful, we saw a wedding going on, which we loved.
They have a famous Thai restaurant but we did not have time to go. I have heard it is great!
They have a small gym and a spa that is really nice near the pool.
This hotel is an authentic Thai Hotel and everything about it is 5 star.
I highly recommend it for Business travelers and tourists as well.

5  Thank Judy S
Reviewed 3 October 2011

The Sukhotai is maybe a bit old style but still a really good and classy hotel. Rooms are spacious well furnished with a good bed. The breakfast is good but nothing specific. The Thai restaurant is really good and worth to be tried. The swimming pool is big and peaceful. They organize a chocolate afternoon which is a good idea :). The staff is nice.
Classic but good choice.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank DavyParis
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Having only stayed at the famous Oriental in Bangkok previously, I opted this time for the Sukhothai as it is a Leading Hotels member.
The entrance to the hotel is the first clue to what lies inside. Turning into the drive off one of the busy main roads, you proceed down a formally planted avenue to the hotel itself.Inside, the decor makes superb use of different wood finishes, and the perfect staff escort you down a long wide corridor which architecturally reflects the entrance avenue. Your eye is drawn to the garden at the end of the entrance walkway, and you get glimpses of other formal pools on the way to the lifts.
My room (701) was perfectly appointed with a view over the courtyard garden and pools. Inside was all mod cons. The bathroom has everything that you might need, and is perfect for double occupancy - two sinks and two separate loos. The Sukhothai is also the only hotel that I have ever stayed in that provides a rubber duck for your own personal use in the bath - what a nice touch!
The only criticisms are that the air conditioning controls are by the bed, and not centrally located in the room. Additionally, it's time to upgrade the coffee machine in the room to a Nespresso, which is now available in Thailand.
Dining choices are the Colonnade, or the exceptional La Scala. Normally I prefer to eat local style cuisine when I am travelling on business. This trip, after a week of Chinese meals, I went for the Italian option at La Scala, and the food was superb. I only had breakfast in the Colonnade, but the choice was wide and varied, and the quality hit the spot. There is a large, well appointed bar. More importantly for us smokers, there is also a separate section where we can indulge our vice, which is well ventilated, light and feels like a part of the bar and not an outhouse!
All the staff are individually charming, professional and efficient. I needed an additional suitcase for my purchases, and within a few minutes of talking to the reception, a messenger was dispatched to buy me what I wanted.
I even took advantage of a couple of spa treatments, which were so relaxing that I dropped off to sleep during both.
I can also recommend a wander around one of the hotel shops. If you are looking for modern design pieces that reflect contemporary Thai design, then have a browse in Lamont which is situated on the ground floor. The ladies of Lamont are delightfully helpful, and not pushy, and made the shopping experience there most enjoyable.
Thank you Sukhothai. I will be back.

Room Tip: Splash out. I had a beautiful room on the seventh floor which was more than perfect
5  Thank Anthonybard
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Sukhothai is one of the best hotels in Bangkok. The entire design of the hotel is amazing and refreshing. The rooms and bathroom are very well designed that you don't see such kind of art works in most places. The entire service including the entire staff are really wonderful. The food is tasty and I really enjoyed my stay very much. thanks

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank amha_z
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I have to say that I can only admire Sukhothai Hotel and service. Certainly it is the most professional, adorable and wonderful place to stay in Bangkok. A++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thank you.