Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam(Bangkok)
US$148
US$80
US$72
galahotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewspark hotelindian breakfastswimming poolfamily martbig roomdecent hotelrooms are spacioussoi cowboyclean hotelbangkok citypleasant staywelcome drinkmetro stationearly checkhotel staffthe main roadsukhumvit
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

I booked at Agoda.com for Check Inn Regency Patk Bangkok and chose the option to pay later for a prize higher than regular rates to manage my account balances but was surprised to know that my credit card was already charged with full amount!!! I called up Agoda and was informed that it is the hotel that directly bills the card and it is hotel’s fault uf their system could not differentiate “pay now” and “pay at the hotel”. I called up the hotel number and was informed that it not Agoda but booking.com where they got the booking. They said that they will refund after 2 weeks. The hotel staff just hang up my call! So rude and so disappointing. This has lost my interest to use Agida again nor book at the hotel nor go to Thailand!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Very bad experience no food for vegetarians in the morning breakfast rooms are old and not maintained by hotel lobby are dearty pool water and area need to be clean staff are very short tempered only plus point near to market and metro

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2018

So we were 34 people who had pre-booked the hotel. There were countless of issues and this is the most terrible experience that I have had.
1. The staff does not know how to talk.
2. The rooms are smelly.
3. There are cockroaches in the rooms.
4. No housekeeping available.
5. No A/C in the rooms.
6. No towels.
7. No toiletries/ Used toiletries were given.
8. No bedsheet.
9. Rooms not cleaned even after complaining.
We were sleeping in the lobby for both the nights. It was worse than a nightmare.No authority took 34 people complaining about BASIC HYGIENE seriously. I have all the images as well supporting what I have written. Will never ever even take the name of this hotel again in my entire life.

Room Tip: Never book
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Aarti M
Reviewed 8 May 2018

We (2 rooms, 5 pax) checked in pretty late at about 3.30pm bangkok time and was told that we are given rooms on different level. No issue about this but did inquire if we can request for same floor only to be rudely & loudly replied that they are full house. We have our Thai friend along who helped us with the translation. We accepted even though it was rude. Asked if the room with 3 pax comes with 3 different beds as mentioned in the web and was assured with a firm yes. Imagine our surprise when we saw only 2 beds (1 single 1 double bed). Also, had trouble opening the room with the key card at first, tried multiple times and even the bellboy who was with us tried and didn't work. Went down again to inform them to only have them giving us a stare and rude comments while they come up to the rooms and open for us (after a few tries too). Room was decent but came without towels while the other room had problem with flush and no water supplies. Informed the counter before we head out to only have them giving us an attitude upon hearing our complains. Very rudely treated throughout, very disappointing.

One time, the housekeeping opened out door before we could respond to their knock. They opened it immediately after knocking even though we said coming... Room was cleaned daily however, they didn't replace the towels at all which we have to keep asking for.

The stay was pleasant nonetheless just that it was pretty noisy at night as the whole area are full of pubs and could hear the people walking and moving outside. Skipped the breakfast as it wasn't worth spending money over, could find better outside. Location was walk able to BTS/MRT but tedious. Would not return for a next stay, could find better option out there with what we are paying. Been to BKK so many times but first time did I felt disappointed. Especially since I am from the same industry too.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

We all know that location can be everything when your staying in Bangkok. I love this quaint hotel for it's proximity to the BTS and it's 'walkability' to quality shopping such as the Emporium. Here, you are very close to Sukhumvit Road and the BTS. Whilst it's best days are behind it, the rooms are large and clean. The bed is comfortable and my bathroom has been recently renovated. There is plenty of hot water and good water pressure as well. The internet is quite good although you do have to log on more frequently than you would like. You do get a little noise from large tour groups however you don't seem to hear a thing once inside your room. I use this hotel for longer stays because of affordability and will continue to come back while the price stays competitive. I like its proximity to a couple of good hotels such as the Marriott and the Radisson as I love using their sky bars. There is also lots of small bars in Soi 22 and a great air conditioned pub right beside it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo