US$78
US$65
US$145
US$113
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$157/night.

US$140
US$115
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$129/night.

Banyan Tree Bangkok(Bangkok)
The Peninsula Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$302
US$287
3,521 results
All reviewsthe club loungeambassador membercentral worldcorner suitethe holiday innchit lom bts stationpillow menurooftop poolsiam paragonerawan shrinemajor shopping mallstop floorexcellent hotelrooms are spaciousfour seasonsfitness centerbreakfast buffet
Reviewed 5 March 2010

I have been traveling to Bangkok monthly for the past four years. My company put me up here for my first trip in 2006 and I have returned every time since. I am very impressed with the hotel staff. They have always gone out of their way to make my visit a plesant one. The beds are very comfortable and soft, unlike many of the hard beds found in Asia. I always look forward to the breakfast buffet. The selection should please anyone. The hotel is located very close to the Sky Train as well as the Central World and Paragon shopping malls. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quality and convenient place to stay in Bangkok.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Hotel_Rep, Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to express your appreciation during your current stay at The InterContinental Bangkok.

Your appreciations are very valuable in helping us maintain a high level of service to guests. We are most pleased that your enjoyed the hotel’s service and facilities. Your comments have been passed and recognized on to the staff. I know that they appreciate the recognition that you have given and was always delighted to be at your service.

I certainly hope that your future plans to Bangkok include The InterContinental Bangkok and that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back with warm and gracious Thai hospitality.

Reviewed 4 March 2010

The new look of the Intercontinental is very much my style. I like the cool, refined colour scheme, I like the finishing touches and I enjoy the toiletries. The Bangkok Intercontinental rates very highly on my list of most pleasant stays because they seem to have gotten the package right. The staff are professional. The Location is good. The rooms excellent. The price is value-for-money.

My only minus would be on the pool temperature. It seemed to be artificially chilled? I got out after only a few minutes because it was so cold.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Your appreciations are very valuable in helping us maintain a high level of service to guests. We are most pleased that your enjoyed the hotel’s service and facilities except the pool area’s condition. Please be assured that we take a serious stand on these matters and corrective measures will be taken to ensure that these incidents are not repeated. I unreservedly apologize again and seek your kind indulgence on this occasion.

Reviewed 3 March 2010

This hotel has one of the best locations, one of the best views from the top of the hotel where also the outdoor swimming pool is located and the most professional staff. The room we got was massive with a nice view over the city. Every day we received fresh fruits and water, which is quite a nice touch in the heat. The bar is a relaxing environment, but since the city is full of other attractive places, you hardly make it to the hotel bar until the last day when you are waiting for your taxi and you realise what a nice place you have missed. Opposite the Intercontinental is Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Rep, Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2010

Reviewed 27 February 2010

Me, my brother, dad and mom (Thai) went in to the hotel. All of us have four baggages each...there were 3 concierges around and they just look at us and did not come and carry the bags for us. Is this because we are Thai or what? It is a shame, where i can carry it, my mom and dad which is quite old already have to carry them too. We complained to the beautiful receptionist but she seems to be having some difficulty with solving the problem. We are also hotelier, have two resorts in Phuket and Samui, so we know what are we talking about. Sorry to intercontinental, such a nice hotel with great reputation.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank Panatnan

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us comments while staying at The InterContinental Bangkok during your recent visit to Bangkok.

We value your patronage and the incidents that occurred are indeed unbecoming of an establishment like ours. We take a lot of pride and commitment to deliver the level of service that is expected of us and it is regrettable that we would not provide this in your case. Please be assured that we take a serious stand on these matters and corrective measures will be taken to ensure that these incidents are not repeated especially the service at our concierge. We seek your kind indulgence on this occasion

You are a valuable guest at The InterContinental Bangkok and we hope to demonstrate improvements that will be made by having the opportunity to welcome you back with warm and gracious Thai hospitality.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 24 February 2010

This is one of the best hotel experiences my wife and I have ever had. During our 5 day stay the hotel and it's staff really made us feel we were on holiday. We stayed in an executive club suite which was a really nice and comfortable room with many nice touches that made us feel at home.

One tip is make sure to check the intercontinental website for room deals first as they are probably best. We got a executive club room with an advanced purchase which was a deal that couldn't be beat.

The Room:

The executive club suite is large with a separate living area and bedroom. There is a large LCD TV in the living room and one in the bedroom. The style and furnishings are modern and nice and maintained well. There are nice touches in the room such as all the power outlets are universal so you can plug directly into the wall. In the living room at the desk there is a VGA and audio port at the wall that allows you to use the LCD TV with your laptop, if you want to watch videos from your own computer. All the necessary cables are provided for this hookup as well.

The air conditioning was quiet and worked very well and each room had its own temperature control. The house keeping service and turn down service were excellent and kept us well stocked in bottles of water, which you need walking in the Bangkok heat. Laundry service was quick and honest as well. I left 300bhat in my shorts pocket by accident and it was returned to me in an envelope.

Our only complaint was the bathroom. It was big and looked very nice but the water pressure was a bit too low and the hot water temperature fluctuated a bit too much. Overall though it is a nice bathroom.

Club Lounge:
Staying in a executive club room allows for use of the club lounge on the 37th floor. This is a very relaxing lounge with an excellent view. We took advantage of the breakfast and the happy happy hour during our stay. The breakfast has a buffet of different items as well as a small menu of made to order items. Overall I would say the quality is good for all the food here, not exceptional, but as a free service, very good. The happy hour time was also very good. There were wines and beer as well as cocktails of your choice to go along with the buffet of small items. Again the food was good and a nice variety.

Fitness Centre:
Awesome fitness centre, better than the one I pay $80 a month for at home! The fitness centre is the largest I have seen in a hotel and features many cardio machines as well has a complete set of weight machines, free weights, and all the accessories. The cardio machines are very modern with large LCD screens, featuring ipod/iphone docs so you can watch your own videos. There are also aerobic classes held in a separate studio room.

During our whole trip as I said we felt we were on holiday, there was not a single problem with this hotel and this comes down to the staff and how they treat you. The staff here were excellent and worked very hard to make you comfortable. The concierge staff were also the best I have used. Very helpful and really knew a lot about the activities worth doing in and around Bangkok.

Location:
Excellent location for shopping and dining out (not so much for cultural activities). We really liked the location of this hotel and were happy we dd not stay near the river. The Intercontinental is located just a few minutes walk to the Chit Lom BTS station. From there you can get to anywhere you need to go. The hotel is also just a few minutes walk to the Central World shopping centre and on stop away from the Siam shopping centers. This is not a great location if you want to be close to the more cultural areas such as the grand palace and other temples. However you can get to those by train, boat, or taxi.

The restaurants in the hotel were very good as well including the excellent steakhouse. Room service was also good and excellent value. For example we ordered room service coffee for two and were expecting 2 cups of coffee to be delivered. Instead we got a pitcher of excellent coffee with a small bit of fruit and cookies...this is what 5 star service is all about.

We did not have a chance to use the pool or spa...but will be sure to try on our next visit.

Great experience at this hotel and we can't wait until our next stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mm14852

Dear Valued Guest,

Your appreciations are very valuable in helping us maintain a high level of service to guests. We are most pleased that your enjoyed the hotel’s service and facilities except the bathroom’s condition. Please be assured that we take a serious stand on these matters and corrective measures will be taken to ensure that these incidents are not repeated. I unreservedly apologize again and seek your kind indulgence on this occasion.