“Great Service, Good Security, Nice Room, Large Bathrooms, Thin walls though”

InterContinental Bangkok
Ranked #20 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 5 March 2010

I really liked this hotel. The service is great. The location is excellent, 2 minutes to the BTS. The breakfast buffet is superb with many choices. Room service was fast and the quality was great. The Chinese and Thai food were very tasty. (Though the portions were a little small for the pad-see-u.) The beds, bathroom and decor in room are all great. There is only one thing i dislike and it is the thin walls between the rooms. Maybe it was an extra loud guest next to my room, but we could hear them talking all night. The pool on the top is small but sufficient for a dip. Just beware that the wooden floor gets really really HOT!! My wife and I got what felt like 3rd degrees burns just walking from the deck chair to the pool!! Make sure you bring your flip-flops and wear them all the way to the pool!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,291)

Reviewed 5 March 2010

I have been traveling to Bangkok monthly for the past four years. My company put me up here for my first trip in 2006 and I have returned every time since. I am very impressed with the hotel staff. They have always gone out of their way to make my visit a plesant one. The beds are very comfortable and soft, unlike many of the hard beds found in Asia. I always look forward to the breakfast buffet. The selection should please anyone. The hotel is located very close to the Sky Train as well as the Central World and Paragon shopping malls. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quality and convenient place to stay in Bangkok.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Hotel_Rep, Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to express your appreciation during your current stay at The InterContinental Bangkok.

Your appreciations are very valuable in helping us maintain a high level of service to guests. We are most pleased that your enjoyed the hotel’s service and facilities. Your comments have been passed and recognized on to the staff. I know that they appreciate the recognition that you have given and was always delighted to be at your service.

I certainly hope that your future plans to Bangkok include The InterContinental Bangkok and that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back with warm and gracious Thai hospitality.

Reviewed 4 March 2010

The new look of the Intercontinental is very much my style. I like the cool, refined colour scheme, I like the finishing touches and I enjoy the toiletries. The Bangkok Intercontinental rates very highly on my list of most pleasant stays because they seem to have gotten the package right. The staff are professional. The Location is good. The rooms excellent. The price is value-for-money.

My only minus would be on the pool temperature. It seemed to be artificially chilled? I got out after only a few minutes because it was so cold.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Your appreciations are very valuable in helping us maintain a high level of service to guests. We are most pleased that your enjoyed the hotel’s service and facilities except the pool area’s condition. Please be assured that we take a serious stand on these matters and corrective measures will be taken to ensure that these incidents are not repeated. I unreservedly apologize again and seek your kind indulgence on this occasion.

Reviewed 3 March 2010

This hotel has one of the best locations, one of the best views from the top of the hotel where also the outdoor swimming pool is located and the most professional staff. The room we got was massive with a nice view over the city. Every day we received fresh fruits and water, which is quite a nice touch in the heat. The bar is a relaxing environment, but since the city is full of other attractive places, you hardly make it to the hotel bar until the last day when you are waiting for your taxi and you realise what a nice place you have missed. Opposite the Intercontinental is Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Rep, Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2010

Reviewed 27 February 2010

Me, my brother, dad and mom (Thai) went in to the hotel. All of us have four baggages each...there were 3 concierges around and they just look at us and did not come and carry the bags for us. Is this because we are Thai or what? It is a shame, where i can carry it, my mom and dad which is quite old already have to carry them too. We complained to the beautiful receptionist but she seems to be having some difficulty with solving the problem. We are also hotelier, have two resorts in Phuket and Samui, so we know what are we talking about. Sorry to intercontinental, such a nice hotel with great reputation.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank Panatnan

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us comments while staying at The InterContinental Bangkok during your recent visit to Bangkok.

We value your patronage and the incidents that occurred are indeed unbecoming of an establishment like ours. We take a lot of pride and commitment to deliver the level of service that is expected of us and it is regrettable that we would not provide this in your case. Please be assured that we take a serious stand on these matters and corrective measures will be taken to ensure that these incidents are not repeated especially the service at our concierge. We seek your kind indulgence on this occasion

You are a valuable guest at The InterContinental Bangkok and we hope to demonstrate improvements that will be made by having the opportunity to welcome you back with warm and gracious Thai hospitality.

Yours sincerely,