“very good place to have afternoon tea.........”

L'Appart - Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit
Ranked #68 of 11,757 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$16 - US$60
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: L’Appart – short for l’appartement – feels like home but also a world apart. References to France are found throughout this rooftop bar and restaurant in Bangkok, from the library to the dining room. Lining the mantelpiece are the restaurant’s numerous awards. Discover why expats, locals and travelers alike return again and again to L’Appart rooftop bar and restaurant. What’s New In October? Executive Sous Chef Nicolas is proud to present his all new menu at L’Appart. Inspired by his travels around the globe, the menu is designed for the modern diner; visually spectacular, enticing, and simply delicious. Highlights include the specials to share, prepared using premium ingredients and served for sharing with friends. The menu also includes Chef Nicolas’ inspiration and vision to bring his guests the best from the garden, ocean and farm, with seasonal produce taking center stage. A must try dish is the smoked octopus, prepared using modern techniques and Spanish flavours.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was more or less every day in l'apart and enjoyed the perfect service, the good food, the atmosphere and to read the paper in quiet area. just perfect place to be.

Oliver S, General Manager at L'Appart - Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Bruno G,

We are delighted to read that you have spent a nice time on the 32 floor. I thank you for taking the time to review you recent experience with us.

I will share your experience to l'Appart ambassadors and we are looking forward to welcome you again very soon !

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The venue was nice look modern and chic but the food were blend and tasteless. The service was not attentive, we pour our wine by ourself. Staff were there but....

Bonjour mrama1234,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
Please accept my sincerest apologies for your experience as it certainly does not reflect our usual high standards.
Please be assured that I will share your valued comments with the management & team to avoid future similar situation.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again to witness the improvement!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Amazing venue and amazing staff in the kitchen! Wow, its not often that i get an "WOW" feeling when im having dinner in bkk. Most of the times i believe you are paying to much for what you get. But this time we took the chefs table. Just to see the performance from the team in the kitchen got us all stunned! Head chef Nicolas and his team are probably the best ive seen in bkk! So focused and so skilled, The food was great, and im so happy that ive actually went up there for a dinner! Thank you for having me. If sometrhing goes wrong up there im 110% sure that it will be the service that fails and not the perfomance from the kitchen! Definetly something to try if you want to dine with a view and have an amazing dinner, if you are more then 6 aim for the chefs table!

Oliver S, General Manager at L'Appart - Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear MrLindberg08

We would like to thank you for sharing your "WOW" experience in our rooftop restaurant on 32d flood.
We always endeavor our best to make sure our valued guests have a magnifique experience while dinning with us and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at this very special and unique table.
I will make sure all kitchen team receives your message.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon !

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 16 January 2018

I recently stayed at the Sofitel for a few days while in Bangkok on business, and hadn't given any serious thought to trying L'Appart--I have a suspicion of hotel restaurants. They tend to serve mediocre food to a captive audience. With some notable exceptions. And L'Appart is one of those exceptions. What a tremendous meal and all-round great experience! Actually, the only reason I ended up at L'Appart was because my first choice of restaurant was fully booked. But boy, am I glad it was. L'Appart was no second choice compromise. My pork belly was butter soft and deeply flavorful. My companion's steak with fois gras was one of the best steaks he's ever had, according to him. The service from our waiting staff was also top drawer. Professional, but friendly and approachable. Jorm was our waitress and she was delightful. The young lady taking care of front of house (I forget her name) was also bubbly and fun. All in all, a very enjoyable evening. I'll be back, for sure.

Dear RoryH1

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and we are delighted to read that you have had a wonderful time on our 32 floor rooftop.

Also thank you for your detailed comment in regards to our different dishes and service !
I will make sure Chef Nicolas and the l'Appart team receives your nice review.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon for another culinary experience at Sofitel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 January 2018

I went to L'appart yesterday with my friends. Everything there was great. The food and services were worth the price despite the fact that, from where I sat, the building construction blocked my view. All staffs had been nice, especially Khun Pommy. Big thanks to her kind service and recommendation that made our dinner even more wonderful.

Oliver S, General Manager at L'Appart - Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear Adareep D,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit at L’Appart our rooftop bar & restaurant.
It is always a treat to receive positive comments from satisfied guests and we are delighted to see that you enjoyed the food and the atmosphere on the 32 floor. I will make sure our Ambassadors receive your nice comment toward their work dedication.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.
Best Regards,