All reviews thai coffee nice coffee shop small hotel per night elevator soi noise floor rooms lobby baht
Reviewed 3 September 2016

A quiet unassuming hotel above a coffee shop/ restaurant.
Lovely modern rooms well serviced by elevator. Out front is a great place to sit and watch the world go by with a great coffee. Staff friendly and I found it to be great value for the location (in soi 4) Rooms spacious and quiet expecially the back ones.

Date of stay: November 2015
2  Thank G T
Reviewed 15 February 2015

Deceiving from the outside. Inside, reception area unimpressive. BUT: The rooms are great. (Opposite to most experiences in London hotels) Clean. Very nice layout with all kinds of cupboard and shelf storage space. In-room safe. Nice shower. Big towels. Refrigerator. Rooms made so nice with great workmanship that you think you are in a Swiss or German hotel. I ask for room on back since I need quiet room. Very quiet. Good Wi-Fi but it took a little while to get the PW correct. If you have two devices to connect, ask for two PWs at front desk since a PW is tied to a device. Needed more outlets for my devices. Owner quickly brought a power strip to solve the problem. I have stayed her twice and it is a great location and value. Discount if stay 3 or more days. Nice TV, but no CNN or BBC. Did have Euro News, DDK, NNK, France. Only 8 rooms I think. Book and keep informed of your arrival plans.

Room tip: I did screen shot of my flight schedule and sent to them so they could see my arrival plans and know I was coming. With only 8 rooms, they can not afford a no show. I did send a guarantee in an email, even though they did not ask for one. I wanted to be sure they saved for my very late arrival.
Date of stay: February 2015
6  Thank MindCapitalOne
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel is a little misleading. When you walk in you think you are going to stay at just another budget hotel. The lobby is very small and nothing special. But when you see the rooms you will be blow away. I think it is a steal for the price. I have stayed many times and never disappointed. Can not say enough good things about this hotel. I think it is actually worth double the price they charge, maybe more.

Room tip: It appears each floor has two rooms
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank John J
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Ever since this hotel opened about 2 years ago I have been staying there for a number of times. It is clean, affordable and very well situated. The owners and staff really made me feel like I am among family and friends at home, The coffee and food is great and the lady taxi driver (one of the staff) has the most beautiful smile in Bkk.

Date of stay: September 2013
2  Thank Corrie B
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I agree with other reviewers who have already contributed recently. Basically I think the Blanket and Bean Inn is a good hotel, so in a way there is no need for me to comment. However, hopefully I can add detail. I discovered it by accident. I walked past, and thinking it looked like a nice coffee shop, I went in hoping for some decent caffeine. I soon realised it was also a hotel. At the time I was staying at a large, well established hotel just round the corner. I'd been surprised at how grubby the room was and how poor the customer service had been. I was looking for somewhere better to stay. The Blanket & Bean proved to be the contrast I was looking for. I started off by testing the coffee, free wi-fi and atmosphere in the downstairs bar/reception area. I was there for quite a while. Next I was taken to have a look at one of the rooms by a friendly member of staff, and given an idea of room rates. Eventually I decided I'd had it under the microscope long enough, and made a reservation. I moved in the next day. The room was well designed and well looked after. It had a polished parquet floor and large bed. The tv had a big clear screen and was set up properly. There was a fully adjustable (quiet) aircon unit, plus fridge, wardrobe and cupboard storage space. Despite being at the front of the building looking out onto a busy road, it was quiet due to good quality double glazing. It looked and smelt clean. The bathroom was perhaps the best feature of all. There was no bath, but the large shower was so pleasant that it compensated. It was possible to have the water at the temperature and pressure desired every time - no need to keep playing with the controls. Although the bathroom was compact, it wasn't a wet room. The shower was separate and enclosed by a wall of glass, so there were no problems like finding the toilet paper drenched, or the floor slippery and wet when walking into the bathroom wearing socks. I said this review was about detail. As regards the hotel in general, it is a relatively small building with 10 rooms which has been open for two years, one of a new breed of boutique hotels. The designers have been careful with every detail, for example, somehow they have managed to incorporate a lift as well as stairs. The people who run it strive to maintain everything. This includes a no smoking rule, which guests seem to like. The reliable free wi-fi extends throughout. The 'Coffee Road' Thai coffee comes from Doi-Tung near Chiang Rai, evidently grown there in place of opium. http://www.doitung.org/cafe_our.php I gather it's possible to book a room via blanket_bean@yahoo.com . I enjoyed six nights in total. Blanket and Bean seems to operate on a 'word of mouth' basis, although perhaps Tripadvisor is the main way guests discover the place.

Date of stay: May 2013