All reviews no elevator asok bts terminal shopping mall black rose great location no window free bottled water exchange tower nice decoration standard hotel single room walking distance short stay strategic location hot shower stayed for nights air conditioning
Reviewed 2 April 2017

I had a solo trip to Bangkok and chosen Room@Bangkok.
It definitely a correct choice :-

1) spacious, clean room with nice design
2) with Refrigerator so I have some cool drink during relax in room
3) Comfy bed for good sleeping quality
4) Spacious bathroom with hot shower
5) well functioning Air-Conditional, and TV
6) Quiet as it located in a short distance from Main Road (50meter I think?)
7) Excellent location (walking distance from BTS and MRT station, near to famous shopping mall Terminal 21)
8) Walking distance to Benjakitti Park (I really enjoy jogging at the park!!)
9) Mr.Gregory, the person in charge is very efficient and helpful
10) Clear information provided on how to reach the Guesthouse

Although it doesn't have lift in this Guesthouse, but it not really a big problem for me.
For those who preferred lower floor, I think you may request for lower floor upon reservation.

Definitely will be my 1st choice on next trip to Bangkok.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank YY_TAN_YY
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

We were absolutely satisfied with our stay at Room@Bangkok. It is one of the most loveliest rooms we've ever slept in. Our room was Oh Deer! And we loved all the details of the decor to make the place simply enjoyable. The smell of the room is nice and fresh, linens and towels smelled so good, bed is super comfy, air-conditioning is running perfect at the right temperatures needed. We loved the lighting, The toilet concept is way cool and the size of the place is so warm and cozy for the 2 of us. Definitely a gem in the heart of Sukhumvit. Nowhere else Can beat the price and comfort level you get here. Last but no least, Gregory the owner would drop in a personal email before our arrival and it's so easy to communicate with him about our needs. Kudos!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2017

22/3/2017.
# climbed up 4 storeys and stayed in a room, star-fish.
# walls and ceiling were rough, merely a warehouse.
# some paints on the door frame was broken.
# only a thin and short curtain between the bed and the toilet. did not use the flush toilet because unpleasant smell would stay in the room forever.
# no regular facility at all. only got a hairdryer when requested.
# when outing in the vicinity under hot weather, hoping to return to my room for a shower break but it was absurd to climb the 4-storey mountain for a rest.

#### air conditioner was not efficient, the room was stuffy all the time.

23/3/2017.
+ moved to another room, blackrose just next to the original one.
+ luckily, there was a toilet door.
+ two extra sofas were found.

we are frequent travellers to Thailand cities. This was the worst accommodation experience.

Room Tip: don't think about it.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
gregbarthels, Owner at Room@Bangkok Boutique Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2017

Dear guests,

Hope all is very well with you!

I would like to thank you again for your stay at Room@Bangkok but unfortunately I didn't succeed to meet your expectations. I would like to apologize your stay was far beneath your expectations.

As you can see the high majority of my guests do appreciate their stays at Room@Bangkok very much. I remember your stay very well and I also have a few remarks.

Walls and ceilings in some room have an industrial touch. This is the style of the room and most of our guests appreciate the styles of our rooms but of course this is personal.

Some rooms have sliding doors between bathroom and bed room and some rooms have curtains. I don't consider to change the curtains into doors in some rooms because it would ruin the character of these rooms.

I remember your remarks about my aircon system. Well, the day you checked out your 2nd room (Black Rose Room) you stayed at I checked-in in my Starfish Twin Room myself. I had a wonderful night and my aircon system was working fine.

On the outside of the door frame (outside of the room) there is indeed some new paint needed and I added it to my renovation list. My building and rooms are very well maintained. This of course also translates in the high number of good reviews we received the past years.

All our rooms have private bathroom with shower, aircon, cable tv, a mini fridge, free wifi. Also in all our rooms are towels and face towels, shampoo and shower gel provided. Hair dryers are indeed available, but on request. You requested a hair dryer and you immediately got one.

You moved to the Black Rose Room and you found 2 extra sofas. Also my Starfish Twin Room you stayed at the first night has 2 sofas. These sofas have a different look but have the same size as the sofas you found in the Black Rose Room.

You booked on Agoda and on Agoda's webpage it is "very clearly" stated there is no elevator in this building. If the lack of an elevator was such a big issue for you I don't understand why you booked my guesthouse. All information about this guesthouse and also about the lack of an elevator you can find in all possible languages on Agoda "before" you book your stay. Room@Bangkok is a guesthouse and not a hotel. It is very rare to find guesthouses in Thailand with elevators. You told me you are a frequent traveller to Thailand but maybe you haven't stay in a guesthouse before. The lack of an elevator, the lack of a private parking and also the fact we don't have 24-hours occupancy at our reception translates of course in cheaper rates.

Maybe you could consider to pay a little bit more next time, to go that extra mile, in order to get the full facility hotel experience you where hoping for...

Wish you all the best!

Best regards,

Gregory
(owner Room@Bangkok)

Reviewed 18 March 2017

I stayed for 4 nights there. First, the location is so great. It is close from Asok Station and it is convenient to look around the city by BTS & Metro. There are many restaurants around the house. Second, room conditions are good. I stayed in single room but the space is quite large. Bed is comfortable and clean. Bathroom is tiny but clean. Hot water is available too. There is a large TV and a small refrigerator in the room. Last, staff are friendly and kind. House owner Mr. Gregory gave me useful information like laundry house location and local restaurant. Recommended.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank JerryNoh
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Very good located hotel with nice staff, clean and comfortable big rooms also...i would recommend it for sure when you want to stay around sukhumvit area. Located opposite exchange tower and all rooms have different themes so there is always a room for your taste 100 %

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends