2,626 results
All reviewsclub carlsonrooftop poolgreat hotelasok btsquiet streetexecutive roomtuk tukthe main roadconcierge staffmassage placesmin walkrain showerconvenient locationstayed here for nightslate checkbreakfast spreadmodern hotel
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Ultra modern, my mom and I stayed here while we toured Bangkok. Each morning we ate breakfast after working out in their fitness center which looks out over the pool. Our room was nice and the staff were very helpful. Unfortunately our room only had 1 king bed instead of our requested 2 queens and our room 307 was right next to housekeeping, which made for early morning noise. I think if we had asked for a different room they would have accommodated us no problem. Great value and you cannot beat the location if you want to be in the middle of busy Bangkok.

Room Tip: Try not to get room 307 next to housekeeping unless you are an early riser.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennpaz8
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Dear Jennpaz,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for noting our central location on Sukhumvit Soi 18 right in the heart of it all on Sukhumvit Road!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

Reviewed 20 August 2012

My husband & I stayed here for 3 nights on our first visit to Bangkok and choose the Park Plaza Soi 18 on its fantastic reviews. This is a great hotel which offers excellent value for money.

The location is excellent 5 mins walk from Asok station (do not get confused with the Park Plaza hotel which is located the next road over....we were directed there by more than one person) There are many convienience stores within a 2 min walk and also many places to eat. We eat two nights in the Thai cafe next door to the hotel where the food was amazing and the cheapest we had in the whole of Thailand. The place was always packed in the evening.

The room in the hotel was ultra modern and clean. There was plenty of space, and everything in the room looked brand new. The bed was also extremely comfortable. Although there was no view from the room this is by no means a problem. My only issue about the room (albeit a small one) is that the shower looked amazing but was pretty poor in terms of shower pressure. Otherwise one of the best rooms we have stayed in on our world trip.

There was a rooftop pool which was of a big size for a city hotel, and there was also a gym with all up to date equipment which we used throughout our stay. There were plenty of seats and sunloungers to sit around the pool and also a great bar for relaxing at when the sun came out.

The hotel has a restaurant and bar which we did not use. To be honest we intended to use it on two occasions, both breakfast & dinner however on arriving we discovered we were to be the only ones there which meant we opted to dine out on both occasions.

Overall, this hotel is in a great location with great facilities. Near a collection of shopping centres, starbucks, 7/11 Convenience store, and monorail station. You can explore the whole city from here with no issue. Also getting to and from the Airport via monorail was extremely easy and cheap. The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay, providing us with a map and guidance on visiting the temples.

My only small issue was that the marketing promotions should be kept up to date by the management. On our first night we saw 'Buy One Get One Free' on food items at the Sway Rooftop bar advertised on our room tv; only to discover on arriving that this offer was no longer available. This was a little disappointing which is why we choose to eat next door, perhaps this is also affecting other guests dining decisions?? Otherwise, this hotel would have scored an Excellent all round.

We would recommend to others and stay here in the future given the value for money.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sazkebab

Dear Sazkebab,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for all your detailed comments! This feedback has been provided to each of our team and updates done as per your suggestions.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

I've been traveling Thailand for many years now, I have stayed at many hotels in various locations, I have never had a better hotel at a rate so good.
I believe The Park Plaza was built in April 2011, The location is great and only a few minutes away from ASOK BTS = (Train Station).
There are lots of small restaurants just outside the hotel that are reasonably priced.
The reception staff and the bell boys specially "GOGO" were very cheerful and would acknowledge your presence with a smile and a bow when ever you walked by.
I found this hotel purely by accident as I was staying in a hotel near by at a similar price but much lower on quality and 17 years old.
I was pleasantly surprised with the "Park Plaza" as it was ultra clean and modern, I also enjoyed the AUSTRALIAN Network TV station # 50 which kept me in touch with what was going on back home.
I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants quality at an affordable price.

There are lots of tuk tuks and taxi drivers outside, I recommend a Thai driver by the nickname of Mario, I found him to be pretty honest, helpful and extremely friendly
Hope this review helps :-)

Room Tip: I had a room on the 3rd before I checked out for Chiang Mai and upon my return to BKK I had a diffrent room located on the 7th floor where they had a complimentray bowl of fruit, how good is that?
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Ray01e
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Dear Raymond,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your great review! Glad you liked the Australian Network TV Channel, as a fellow Aussie, we have now also included Vegimite on the breakfast buffet as well ! :)

Reviewed 15 August 2012

We only stayed for 2 nights but we enjoyed our stay. The hotel is new, contemporary and is well decorated.

Our room was smart with a large flat screen tv. Only gripe was the bed that was two singles pushed together... we ended up falling down the gap in the middle! Get used to the Thai 'window between the bathroom and bedroom' feature - many hotels do this. We nicknamed it the pervert window!

The rooftop pool was clean and refreshing. Good size with loungers around the edge. Happy hour at the bar was 5-7pm, always very quiet when we were there.

Although we liked the hotel there isn't anything to see in the immediate area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gracie_Grey1

Dear Gracie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your kind comments on the pool and room! Also we have well noted and briefed our team in relation to the bedding.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

This is a really nice hotel and holds a very high standard for the price. The rooms have a modern decor and all public areas including the reception and the restaurant look really nice. The roof top pool is a decent size and also looks lovely. Unfortunately there aren't that many sun loungers so we never spent that much time by the pool as it was fairly crowded.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.
The hotel is in a convenient location, close walking distance both to the sky train and the MRT which is really convenient as there aren't many sights nearby. It is also walking distance to the Terminal 21 shopping centre and there are many restaurants in the area.
I would recommend to steer clear of the hotel restaurant, food there wasn't great and it is also much more expensive than nearby restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Dear KariJazz,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your favourable comments in relation to our decor and design and rooftop pool!

Noted also your post in relation to the outlet, we have recently launched a series of promotional F&B activities with good value running concurrently; a combo set menu promotion in our main Restaurant outlet for THB 199 for a 3 course set menu with a choice of soft drink, we also have a daily Happy Hour from 5pm-9pm on selected beverages.