“Amazing service and quality”
Review of Empire Tailors

Empire Tailors
Ranked #6 of 585 Shopping in Bangkok
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Sunny and his employees definitely go out of their way to make sure you are getting exactly what you want and do not try to push anything you don't want on you. When I picked up my suit, I had considered buying another jacket for a casual type event, but he didn't have a fabric that I wanted. Instead of pressuring me into a fabric he did have, as most other places would try, he said that he might have other fabrics in the future and didn't press the issue further.

Having some muscle from working out, it has always been difficult getting shirt and suits to fit, but Sunny was able to get my suit and shirts looking perfect.

All reviews
in 17 reviews
"visiting bangkok"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 4 February 2018

I lived and worked in Bangkok during the period 2010-2012 and used to be a regular customer. I wrote a review in November 2013 after I revisited Sunny and Empire Tailors when on holiday. Back then I was really happy to see that Sunny and his staff were still maintaining their very high level of service.

Unfortunately, I have not had the possibility to visit Bangkok since and had started to wear out all my beloved shirts (I have had some 15 shirts made) from Empire Tailors. Although I thought it would be a long shot, I contacted Sunny by e-mail during the fall of 2017 and asked if he still had my name and measurements and if there was any possibility that he could mail me some shirts to Sweden. I was extremely happy to get a very fast reply and a confirmation that he still had my measurements. I chose fabrics from the website and sent him all the details about how I wanted my shirts. The payment by credit card was hassle free and felt safe. The whole process went very smooth (the fabrics I chose from the website were available) and I was extremely happy when receiving the shirts at my home some 9-10 days after I had first contacted Sunny and Empire Tailors. The cost for the postal charges was minimal. The quality and fitting was as excellent as always and my colleagues in the office in Stockholm are full of envy as the quality is so obvious for everyone to see. Even if I buy relatively expensive brands and shirts in Sweden, they still don't come anywhere close in quality and looks when compared to what Sunny and his staff has produced. Moreover, the price is much lower. I will certainly use the service again and order some more shirts from Empire Tailors.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

This review is a long time coming as it's important that an investment in a suit is evaluated over a long period of time. That said, I can say for 3 years the suits constructed by Sonny and his very capable team have worn well and continue their exceptional presentation.

I chose two tailors to make a handful of garments while visiting Bangkok for work a few years ago. Empire was one choice (see my other review for the other) and I'm so very happy I found Empire. My build is rather uncharacteristic with very broad shoulders for my height coupled with thin waste. Over the years it's been a nightmare for tailors to reshape suits I've purchased off the rack that always had compromises. I was looking for a fit that smoothed the abrupt transition from my shoulders to waist and Sonny delivered handsomely. His great eye for detail and understanding of how each panel of the jacket complement each other resulted in a set of remarkably contoured yet comfortable suits.

There's really no comparison to the drape, feel, and quality of the construction. From the detailed tailoring of the pockets, the resilient shape of the lapels, perfectly shaped shoulders (that have always been a problem for me), to the alignment of the fabric patterns you will continually discover how much care is put into your garment.

So if you're in a market for a great suit, jacket or shirt I highly recommend Sonny and his team. Enhancing your wardrobe with a bespoke suit is a must for any wardrobe and Sonny's team will ensure you'll leave with clothing that will be the envy of your colleagues and friends for years to come.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

I know Sunny since years and I have tried several tailors in Austria and UK, but no one was able to deliver those quality hand tailored shirts as Empire Tailors from Bangkok. Also the price was better than here in Europe. Thanks Sunny, keep up the good work!