“Amazingly Talented Tailor with Great Fabrics”
Review of Empire Tailors

Empire Tailors
Ranked #6 of 560 Shopping in Bangkok
Reviewed 2 February 2018

This review is a long time coming as it's important that an investment in a suit is evaluated over a long period of time. That said, I can say for 3 years the suits constructed by Sonny and his very capable team have worn well and continue their exceptional presentation.

I chose two tailors to make a handful of garments while visiting Bangkok for work a few years ago. Empire was one choice (see my other review for the other) and I'm so very happy I found Empire. My build is rather uncharacteristic with very broad shoulders for my height coupled with thin waste. Over the years it's been a nightmare for tailors to reshape suits I've purchased off the rack that always had compromises. I was looking for a fit that smoothed the abrupt transition from my shoulders to waist and Sonny delivered handsomely. His great eye for detail and understanding of how each panel of the jacket complement each other resulted in a set of remarkably contoured yet comfortable suits.

There's really no comparison to the drape, feel, and quality of the construction. From the detailed tailoring of the pockets, the resilient shape of the lapels, perfectly shaped shoulders (that have always been a problem for me), to the alignment of the fabric patterns you will continually discover how much care is put into your garment.

So if you're in a market for a great suit, jacket or shirt I highly recommend Sonny and his team. Enhancing your wardrobe with a bespoke suit is a must for any wardrobe and Sonny's team will ensure you'll leave with clothing that will be the envy of your colleagues and friends for years to come.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"suits shirts"
"tailor shop"

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

I know Sunny since years and I have tried several tailors in Austria and UK, but no one was able to deliver those quality hand tailored shirts as Empire Tailors from Bangkok. Also the price was better than here in Europe. Thanks Sunny, keep up the good work!

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Sunny had fantastic turnaround time and service. I got a blazer and a suit, and they both turned out perfectly fitted.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

A couple of friends and I had some shirts and suits made by Sunny and the team at Empire Tailors. Everything was phenomenal from the amenity of the showroom to the outstanding quality of the service and the fabrics.

Everything was shipped home and they’ve got all the measurements on record so we’ll all be ordering from them again!

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 January 2018

If you are reading this review, you know Bangkok is a city where you can buy an amazing custom suits and shirts. However, unlike London or Hong Kong, Bangkok provides you with the most value in relation to the quality vs price of the product.

In planning my trip to Thailand, I made sure to set aside time to find a quality suit maker as well as having enough time in the city for multiple fittings. You should have no less than 3 days for fittings. The way I did this was at the beginning of my trip for two days and at the end of my trip for 1 day.

This brings me to finding the right tailor. I first did the research you are doing now. Going on Trip Advisor and reading reviews. I looked at the most reviewed with the highest rating. I then created a list of 10 tailors I wanted to interview. Sunny at Empire Tailors was one of those individuals. Empire was one of two choices I picked for my suits and shirts. Sunny is professional, VERY customer service oriented and personable. He was a pleasure to work with. The shirts and suit I chose at Empire were the perfect blend of quality and cost at a true bespoke service. There are many tailors who are cheaper. there are also more that are more expensive. However, Sunny and Empire provide the perfect balance. I am VERY picky about mu quality and what I like. 3 years later, the shirts and suit I bought still look brand new. I was so satisfied, I just ordered 6 more shirts from them. They will store your measurements so there so the transaction was easily done online.

To say I was satisfied is an understatement. This is a shop I will 100% return to when I return to Thailand. Ask for Sunny. He will not let you down.

2  Thank George P