“The best service by far”
Review of Empire Tailors

Empire Tailors
Ranked #6 of 561 Shopping in Bangkok
Reviewed 12 January 2018

Sunny and his team have done a fantastic job for me on several visits. I have purchased multiple suits, shirts, and sport coats from him and I don’t make a trip to Bangkok without visiting his store. Several of my friends also are frequent customers.

The quality of his garments are top notch but what sets him apart is the service. If you need ideas on what looks best for your suits, they will give you great advice. If you need a new coat and are living outside of Bangkok just email him and he will use your measurements and mail it to you.

The team is fanatic and I couldn’t be more pleased with the products.

1  Thank David S
in 10 reviews
"suits shirts"
"tailor shop"

Reviewed 5 January 2018

I was in Bangkok for only three days, and Sunny and his team gave me first-class treatment from the second I walked into the door--including rush fittings to accommodate my schedule. A couple of weeks later, my gorgeous suits and shirts arrived in Los Angeles as promised. They are now the highest-quality and best-fitting suits and shirts that I own, including the bespoke clothes that I've had made in Los Angeles and New York. I wouldn't (and won't) hesitate to order from Empire in the future.

1  Thank scolnickkahn
Reviewed 30 December 2017

If you want to find an quality tailor look no further than Empire Tailors. The quality of his fabric offerings and the suits his team produces is exceptional. This place makes you feel welcome and not out of place like some of the other tailors that I've been to both in Australia and in Bangkok. I would highly recommend anyone that is looking of a tailor to at least meet with Sunny (you will understand once you meet him) if you need someone done.

In terms of the suits and shirts that he has designed for me it is exactly what I wanted with no nonsense and fuss. Although the cost of the shirts and suits maybe on the higher side for some you definitely get what you pay for and the quality is great. They genuinely care about their reputation and in making sure they can deliver on what you want.

I will definitely be seeing them again (or order online from them now they have my measurements) whenever I need new shirts.

Thank you Sunny and co.

2  Thank Marvo1313
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

When I first walked in to the shop, Sunny was engaging, honest, and invested in providing a quality suit. I'm generally happy with the way the suit finally turned out, although it still seems a little tight in the seat as there are stress marks in that area. I sent an email from America with a list of specifications for what I needed in a suit. The purpose of which was to keep things easy and seemless. The first three fittings went well. However, the last fitting is when I began I get somewhat concerned and frustrated. The picture attached was supposed to be the final fitting; however, in the photo I found some avoidable mistakes that I would have been able to dismiss in a cheaper suit. First, as you can tell, the sleeves of the blazer are uneven. This was a mistake that was caught only by me a few days later because I took pictures of myself, and in the last fitting. Otherwise, I would have had this suit in Texas with uneven sleeves. In the specs, I clearly stated that I wanted pick stitching on the jacket. In the picture, one can clearly see that there is none, which is another mistake caught by me--- the customer. Also, I believe that the seat of the pants are clearly too tight but that is a matter of opinion so I'm willing to let that go. Again, one must understand that this is a nearly $1000 vbc suit, so my standards are quite a bit higher than a RTW suit. The final frustration was it want communicated to me in advance that the credit card machine wasn't working and that the suit needs to me paid for in cash, which left me scrambling to fine a way to pay for the suit, as k don't bring access to my larger and main bank account when traveling due to security purposes. I mostly use credit cards. Definetly try empire tailor, but make sure that you're double checking the work before you head home.

SunnyBangkok, Owner at Empire Tailors, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thank-you for acknowledging that we were genuine and took care of you. We strive to make sure all our clients are treated well.

However, I would like to set the record straight on the other points you made. I am surprised to see that you posted a picture of an unfinished suit rather than your finished one. You had mentioned during your third fitting (NOT PICK UP) that you found the sleeve length on both sides to be of different lengths which we altered. As for the trouser(which you wore during all the fittings), you did not once mention that you found the seat tight .Also, the pick stitching on the jacket is done at the very last stage which you were not aware of since it was your first tailored suit.

Now on your final frustration- we do accept credit card payments. Unfortunately, during the week of your visit, the electrical wires on Sukhumvit road were being taken underground which caused our telephone system to shutdown. Hence, we could not take credit card payments. Please do not forget that you paid the deposit on the suit WITH your credit card. I even gave you the option to take the suit without paying us and to transfer the funds when you were back home. Not to mention, I even mailed the suit to you for free in consideration of the above.

I emailed you a couple of times after you posted your review but got no response which is really frustrating as we work extremely hard for our reputation. I do hope you find a tailor that gives you better service and bespoke tailoring.