US$78
US$65
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$152
The Peninsula Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$302
US$287
3,119 results
All reviewsurban suiteedge suitevertigo suiteeve restaurantluxsa spacomplimentary mini barratchadamri bts stationst regisreplenished dailyhuge bathroomrain showerwasher dryercentral worldconcierge deskpillow menuliving areasiam paragon
Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Great stay at the hotel. My girlfriend and I are frequent travellers to Thailand, and have stayed here twice already. Location is great, it is the near the bts which makes for easy travels around Bangkok. It is also within walking distance to a major mall (central world).

The rooms are spacious and good value - you have full amenities (laundry, dryer) though the stove requires payment to use.

We had free breakfast both times, and the menu is really good. There is also a buffet.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Pakapol T, Guest Relations Manager at Hansar Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Benjamin C,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hansar on your recent visit to Bangkok and taking time to write a review about us on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to read you had such a great stay with us!

It is true that our location is very convenient - only a few minutes walking to Ratchadamri Skytrain Station, and a few more minutes more to the main shopping/business district of Bangkok.

Our rooms are all spacious and equipped with custom made bed decorated with the finest silk from Jim Thompson and a complimentary minibar refilled everyday.

Our Thai/Western breakfast consists of a various buffet accompanied by a great "a la carte", where you can order as many dishes as you like, directly from the kitchen and all included for hotel guests.

We focus on top quality with organic homemade products and we are happy to read that is the best you have experienced in Bangkok.

Thanks again for your comment and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have plans on coming back to Bangkok, so that we can make a booking for you!

Reviewed 22 December 2017

There are tons of great hotels in bkk. So if this isn't your last option, get other hotel.
I went many other great hotels in bkk. There are many hotels much better I guess.
Or I might had high expectation.
First of all, I didn't get the concept of conditioning system.
If you enter lobby, it's very cool and relaxed and next, the elevator didn't have any air conditioning system.
I got the high floor room, so I sweated like crazy(it's bangkok, so hot!!!)
I didn't get the system.
Also not super impressed hospitality service either.
Not very welcomed either.

I'd go st.regis or so sofitel.

2 star are for friendly door men.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Rachel_B0311,

On behalf of Hnasar, I woulf like to sincerely apologize as we did not meet your expectations for your last stay with us. We would like to assure you that we constantly strive to achieve the highest level of hospitality while maintainig at affordable and competitive price.

Indeed, at Hansar our top priority us to provide an exceptional and personalized service to our guests.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again at Hansar Bangkok in order to show you that the experience you had is not indicative of the high standards and top quality we provide to our hotel.

Hansar Team

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Check in was fast and pleasant. The rooms are nicely decorated. Breakfast was adequate. Hotel is conveniently located near Ratchadamri BTS station. However, I do feel it's a little overpriced compared to the competition.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Ian C,

Reviewed 21 December 2017

The Good - the Hansar is situated down a quite street - what you get is a great quiet residential feel, with no masses of people swarming around. I like the eco design of the hotel and the fact the hotel is open to the elements in the corridors. The rooms are sizeable, we stayed in the Vertigo room which was enormous and well equipped.

The staff at the entrance to the hotel are excellent. They speak excellent English, are very quick, attentive, polite and helpful. They stand head and shoulders above the other staff in the hotel for all the aforementioned points and passing them everyday was a pleasure and not a chore.

The Bad -

1) There was no coffee in the room. This is meant to be a 5 star hotel in one of the worlds most famous capital cities. We had to ask for coffee to be sent and then it was coffee bags with no milk or powdered equivalent. Now the hotel has it's own coffee / cafe shop at the entrance where they mention they have been working with growers and so on for over a decade etc. That's great if you want to walk down everyday at 8am upon waking, who does that on holiday ?? How can you not have coffee for your guests in a hotel room. We reverted to ordering from the in house cafe but it turned up stone cold which the manager agreed to refund. Very annoying in a room that costs £ 240 a night and not good enough.

2) Breakfast - breakfast for us became a bit of a farce. There are two ways of getting food. One is there is a buffet which is limited and the main food such as eggs and other items are ordered from a menu which means one thing - a wait. Sometimes this can be considerable. Then the order comes wrong. Again my partner ordered coffee with milk to the table, on the 6th day, our final day, they actually got this correct without having to chase or ask again for missing items. I do however have to say that the cooking itself I though was very good. I think also one of the barriers here is English, there are some staff who can speak it very well and the rest either miss some words and hence the orders come wrong or are missed.

However the issue again for my partner of simply getting hot coffee with milk became such a frustration for her at breakfast that it made the Hansar look incompetent.

3) I made some international calls here to the UK, the charge pm was a 100baht per minute ?? We had move from Koh Lanta from a more exclusive hotel which charge 28baht per minute to Krabi to an equivalent 5 star charging 34 baht per minute, how did the Hansar in Bangkok where things should be cheaper arrive at 100 baht per minute. Anyway, my fault I should have checked the price before I called but I have never had to do this in Thailand before.

In summary we would consider returning here but they have to fix the simple issues with service and others mentioned above.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Peter A,

Hansar Team

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

Wow...cool property with non commercial feel but with all the amenities that you want- swimming pool, gym, lounge with cool live singing, Japanese restaurant is real, staffs are SUPERB, guestrooms good size and well acoustic for silence. Bonus: right put of BTS in front of St. REGIS HOTEL.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple