“great hotel”

Ranked #38 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Mexico city
“great hotel”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This is a great hotel, everything was great the room is big and confortable, every detail and the sodas and snack resupplies is something I apreciate. Delicious breakfast and the amazing staff (kind ans sweet). in a walking distance from shopping and sky train. Highly recomended

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed 2 nights in the hotel to cap off a 2 week holiday around Thailand.

STAFF: AWESOME! Door staff attentive, check in very swift and friendly. We booked an Edge but were upgraded to a massive Vertigo Suite! My partner proposed to me and the staff were so great, when we went out shopping they came in and put rose petals in the bath, and left a bottle of wine, a bunch of roses and a congratulations card on the table so we walked in and I saw it first thing. It was really lovely. And they didn't charge for it - these things make a big difference.

ROOM: The Vertigo Suite is incredible - it's massive! There is a separate lounge room with a TV and a desk, a huge bed that is ridiculously comfortable. THe bathroom is excellent - a massive shower, enormous bath - all marble and smooth and clean. We enjoyed the use of the bath and shower. The bed is too comfortable for words.

FOOD: We only ate the breakfast. The buffet is small - I was expecting larger to be honest. What was there was ok. Perhaps as it's a 'boutique' hotel the size of the buffet is smaller than the bigger hotels. It's not like I am a buffett freak, but I do enjoy them when I travel overseas and stay in a hotel. I ordered the eggs benedict and there was an overt taste of vinegar in the dish.

LOCATION: Super cental - easy walk to Central, Siam, Paragon etc - plus the BTS is a 2 min walk away.

It's great having a free mini bar too!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Excellent hotel with great service. This hotel is really stylish, well located and has all you need to relax in Bangkok. We stayed for 2 nights in April 2012 and can only recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Book with Small Hotels of the World to get a free upgrade to a better room/suite
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We arrived late one evening to stay a couple days en route to Phuket. The hotel was beautiful. The staff was extremely helpful and polite. The included breakfast was the best we had in Asia. The minibar is included, though sparse. The pool is refreshing and has a great view of the city. The gym is modern and well equipped. We had a city view suite and the bed was large and comfy. The shower was amazing (but the floors are slippery when wet, so beware). The location is close enough to the action, yet far enough removed from the tourist areas to feel relaxing (adjacent to the Four Seasons and the St. Regis). We hired a cab driver (who goes by the name Potato, so you'll remember him) for a whole day. We spent the entire day being driven the the Grand Palace, various temples, local spots for lunch, shopping, frequent stops for drinks, and ultimately the Soy Patpong area for a crazy night of cocktails, dancing and countless offers of fake designer goods, lady boys and ping pong shows. All this, while he and his air conditioned car waited for us, for about $30 US (which included a generous tip). We heard legend of how the Thai mafia runs the Patpong district, so it was likely no coincidence that a tuk tuk tried to charge us $100 US for a 5 minute ride to our hotel. Guess I can't blame him for trying, but the final score ended up being 1 for us, 0 for the tuk tuk driver.

Keep in mind that the drivers all try to rope you into canal and other tours where they get a cut of your entry fee. Make your own agenda and tell your driver what you want to do and you'll be fine without feeling railroaded into some nonsense fish farm tour that cost you an arm and a leg. Once we insisted, Potato was on the same page.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travellerrrrrr
Hobe Sound, FL
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of my month long trip through Southeast Asia. I was exhausted and I felt like I landed in a little home. I stayed in the studio suite and after walking around I thought, "I want to live here." My second thought," I'm taking a long, hot bath." This is modern elegance meets extreme comfort (a really comfortable mattress! a lovely huge bathroom! ) meets efficient design. Now reallistically one tenth of my kitchen wouldn't fit in here, but it had one... and a little clothes washer/dryer. I actually got to wash my travel jeans before my 37 hour journey home... without them smelling like bad potpourri! Not to mention a lovely little bar, two restaurants with great food, a first class breakfast buffet (I knew I was back in Thailand when I tasted the fresh fruit). I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo