“Fantastic value, a wonderful stay in real local area”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Rat Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #111 of 733 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Website - www.ratservice.com/bb.aspx

We initially booked a day tour with Rat based on TA recommendations and then became aware of her B&B. It’s amazing value at only $40 AUD for a double, including breakfast and wifi. We stayed 6 nights in Bangkok, 2 at the Chatrium, 2 on a river cruise & 2 at Rat’s and found that to be a perfect split. We were glad to experience a range of accommodation, and it was great to stay in a real local residential area to see that side of city life.

Rat’s is located between Saphan Taksin Pier & Asiatique, takes about 15mins to walk to the closest pier (Wat Worachanyawas, stop S2 for Orange flag boats on Chao Phraya Express Boat) from which you can get to Saphan Taksin and all the river attractions in minutes, only 30 minutes to walk to Asiatique which is a great evening out. Actually at the Wat Worachanyawas pier there are heaps of shopfronts offering local massages which Rat recommended. My hubby had 2, both an hour each for only 100 baht ($AU3.30), he was most impressed.

Rat has 4 B&B rooms – a mixture of singles/doubles and even interconnecting, I think it would be a perfect spot for families to stay – and a great way to give kids a view of suburban Bangkok life. The only noise at night we encountered was from some extremely loudly meowing local cats. When we mentioned our frequent waking on the first night, Rat offered us ear plugs and they worked very well, 2nd night was a great sleep. The rooms are spotless, comfy bed, hot shower and great wifi. I must mention the breakfast, it’s huge and with a wide selection. Rat prepares a variety of dim sum treats, scrambled eggs and French toast, as well as cereals, regular toast and fruit – you certainly won’t be hungry. Can’t beat this value.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TMBHL_on_the_go

Reviewed 11 March 2011

I decided to try her B&B since she was my guide for 2 days as well. Its located in a really local neighborhood. Everyone knows her. I wish I could tell you were I was, but this was my first visit. It seemed close to the river.
Anyway, my room was large and clean. I had a big comfortable queen sized bed. The bathroom was large with a big shower. Plenty of hot water! Great AC! Rooms come with brand new large flat screen tvs with plenty of channels. Your room is kept very clean.

Rat asks what you want for breakfast everyday - she has a big variety of things to eat. You wont go hungry. She also makes the best french toast I have ever had! I don't have anything negative to say about my stay. I also did 2 full days(10hrs) of touring with her. She was fantastic - she's been doing this a long time and she very quickly understands what you want to see and do. I wanted to eat locally - and I think most of my meals were 30 baht or less. Definitely will use both her services if I visit again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Temple_seeker853
Reviewed 16 February 2011

While visiting Singapore with another couple, we were told about Rat's B&B in Bangkok. It was recommended by virtual strangers, but on a whim we decided we would detour for four days if she could accommodate us. Accommodation was the key ingredient to our trip. Her son Nat picked us up at the airport and swept us off to a wonderful restaurant for lunch and then launched us on a multi-day touring, shopping, eating experience which will live in our memories as one of the most special of our many.
The place is clean and lovely (Rat had fresh orchids displayed on the stair landing), the breakfast was substantial and well done, and the ease with which Nat carried us from one place of interest to another...including a Thai massage that was body-bending as well as mind-bending...made four days seem not nearly long enough. We enjoyed our time there immensely without any of the worries that can be associated with touring and traveling in a place which is completely unknown. We HIGHLY recommend this service!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave679
Reviewed 9 June 2010

Rat and her family have a lovely, clean place. The breakfasts were prepared fresh each morning with an introduction to some Thai breakfast foods besides the usual cereals and eggs, etc. The air conditioned rooms were modern and very clean. Rat and her husband Nic were the tour guides for our tours for the 3 days we spent in Bangkok. They took us to the River Kwai where we went by boat to the bridge, the floating market, the train market, and arranged for a private tour guide for us to tour the palace and temple. There were other places that we toured, too many to mention, but we could not have had a better tour guide.

It was wonderful to be picked up at the airport and also not have to arrange transportation to the port to board the ship for our cruise.

Rat, Nic and their 2 children made our stay in Bangkok memorable.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Our group of 14 that were sailing on the Diamond Princess in April 2010 had the pleasure of staying in Ratt's B&B in her 7 rooms for 4 nights prior to our cruise departure. The B&B is only about 2 years old and has rooms that are exceptionally clean (shoes are removed and placed in a locker) that were nicely decorated and located in a quiet residential neighborhood. Large flat screen TV with English broadcasts and free internet service are provided in each room. Breakfasts were huge and tasty, freshly made and all special requests provided right away.

Ratt's team, including her husband, son and daughter, provided transfers from the airport and to the cruise ship, and transportation to all of the major sights in Bangkok, and in the surrounding area, including trips to the Train Market, Floating Market, Sing City, Bridge on the River Kwai, Elephant rides, feeding wild monkeys, et al. We even experienced the Songkran water sprays and "white powder" bags on the vehicles, and saw the "red shirts" demonstrations at close range.

Ratt and her team are very experienced drivers and guides in the Bangkok area, and can provide transportation and guides for small and large groups.

She knows her way around Bangkok and can provide tips on local shopping, restaurants, spas, and sights.

We all had an absolutely fantastic experience meeting her family and staying here. They are so friendly and very helpful. We highly recommend her services to anyone visiting Bangkok. Ratt may be contacted at: rat_bkk@hotmail.com . Photos of the Ratt's B&B are available at: http://www.ratservice.com/index.aspx and click on the RATT Bed & Breakfast link at the top of the web page.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends