US$229
US$191
LeMeridien.com
SSIP Boutique Dhevej Bangkok(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
US$106
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$108
US$103
  • Breakfast included
Bed Station Hostel(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
US$27
US$577
US$524
Mandarin Oriental
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 February 2017

Booked a triple room. Room was spacious and clean. The location is just perfect - quiet and away from the noise of Khao San yet also a walking distance away from Khao San and the Phra Arthit pier, which connects you to many tourist spots via the waterway. Room service is only available upon request, which was good in my opinion. The only thing I felt lacking was a kettle or water dispenser for hot water.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank SunnyHor
Reviewed 24 March 2016

During a 10-day stay in the city, this was my favorite (I also lodged at Adamaz House and KC Guest House).

Spent 3 days/2 nights here in March. I didn't encounter the rude staff that previous reviewers mention. Maybe I was lucky or maybe those employees are no longer there. I got a room for 1000 bhat per night in Building A, simply by walking in asking for a room. Here is the good and bad as I experienced it, as a solo traveler.

Pluses: (1) friendly and informative staff. I had a warm reception each time I came through the lobby to pick up my key. The woman that works the day shift was my favorite. (2) Room was clean, comfortable, cool (as in not hot) and quiet at night. The mattress was very firm, so that was good for my 50-year old body. Many of the hotels in the Khaosan Road area with similar prices have lumpy or soft mattresses. I learned this after looking at a half dozen other hotels before settling on Banglumpoo. (3) The safe worked and so did the internet. These were issues in other nearby hotels, but not here.

Minuses: (1) I didn't hear the call to prayer that others have mentioned (probably because I was in Building A, and not in B or C), but there is a good bit of remodeling being done, so consider the noise factor during the day. But who spends their day in a hotel room in Bangkok? At night, noise was never a problem. (2) The manager (or maybe he's the owner). I encountered him only once and it was during a shift change and he made the other employees seem tense. Another reviewer mentions this as well.

Had I known about Banglumpoo at the beginning of my 10-day trip, I probably would stayed here for the ten nights.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Hansblix
Reviewed 6 March 2016

Over the past 10 or so years I've gone to Banlumpoo Place. Basically, because it's in a good location, it's quiet (because they are within their own compound) and the rooms somewhat resemble an actual hotel room: 2 club chairs, student-size desk, reasonably comfortable mattress, hot water shower. But what gets me is that the staff is so dysfunctional. Rarely are they happy to see you, and the pricing for the rooms is set on a whim: sometimes it's the Internet page price of 1200 Bt. or it could be 900 Bt. It really depends on what they think they can get from you. And it really doesn't matter if you're a return customer. You're still pretty much dismissed and felt unwelcomed. If I had to pinpoint the problem, it's the owner himself who when is there makes the place feel colder and less reputable. But, that's just my opinion.

Room Tip: Stay off the 6th floor. The elevator stops on the 5th and you'll have to lug your belongings up a flight of stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank RichardH602
Reviewed 7 September 2015 via mobile

I always stay here while I'm in Bangkok for a few days. Big room and friendly staff. The bed is very comfortable and the room is very quiet. I've always been able to walk in here and get a room no problem. It's a great location on Banglumpoo Road and close to Koh Sarn Road. It's an awesome spot if you're going to spend a few days in Bangkok. Plus there are some great travel agents around the corner to book your flights with. In the morning be sure to walk to the left as you leave the hotel because there's a small, serene park a block down the road.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
banglumpooplace, ผู้จัดการทั่วไป at Banglumpoo place Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2015

Thank you for your admirable feed back and sharing us your thoughts about your last stay at Banglumpooplace. We would be happy to have you with us soon again!

Reviewed 6 September 2015

The Hotel is a bit tired and undergoing renovations. The rooms are large and quite good with decent air conditioning and hot water and plenty of light from windows. The balconies are not really accessible as the air con units are installed there. The mini bar is stocked with a range of reasonably priced drinks with a free water allowance. The only drawback is the Mosque nearby which blasts its call to prayer at sun rise and I do mean blasts.

Room Tip: Block B and C are nearer the Mosque but you can't really escape the noise.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple