“So so experience”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown / Yaowarat
Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

We boarded the river boat on Christmas Eve - booked the trip through our hotel Banyan Tree with certain expectation. The food here is a very ordinary Thai food you can get in a very ordinary Thai restaurant in California - no way can they match the quality that we experienced in the Tealicious or Saffron restaurants for the past two days. Although it is Christmas Eve on the river, the temperature is about 31C without air condition. The liquir here is also very so so - Lesson learned here - do not be attracted to a river boat restaurant - there is no night view along the river in Bangkok, the food in Wan Fah is plainly boring - so are cocktails. Would be much better to get into a decent restaurant along the bank overviewing the river.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

I had the set seafood menu as I love my seafood but I could only eat about one third it was so bad. My wife had the other set menu and it was no better she left at least fifty percent untouched. Being a captive audience you know you are going to be touched with your drinks but they took it to a new level.
The only saving grace was that they kept filling your water glass.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

This restaurant locate in ratchawong where near chinatown. The taste of food is no too bad. They service very nice

Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

Ok so we paid 1450 Bhat per person plus drinks for this evening. Pickup promptly at 6 as promised, but we hit major traffic and 6 minute trip from Pathumwan Princess to dock took 1 hour. Very scary drive, no seatbelts. Despite driver being constantly phoned, boat had left when we arrived. Eventually the boat turned back and collected us, 7.20pm. Everyone was on third course. The waiters brought our food as we were sitting down and stood as we ate, awaiting the finish of each course. Horrible, horrible food!! At first it looked good but it had zero taste. Salmon with 5 bones in every mouthful. Dry springrolls tasted 5 days old. Tap water (nobody touched it). Wine only by bottle (1000 bhat), I settled for 'Cola' 110 bhat (on the street it's 15 bhat). At this point my DH took pity and swapped his green curry for my seafood. 2 prawns and a corn cob!? I could not eat anything. Then I found a piece of metal in food. Called the waiter but he appeared confused/didn't care. Staff could not look more unhappy. A man sat tallying up our bills at the back, so obvious. Can they not spare 10 bhat for sealed bottled water for tourists after paying 1,450 bhat for trip?? Nobody touched the tap water. A small bug crawling on fruit plate. The dancers were sweet. The music playing girl was good. There were 20 guests and maybe 15 staff. We arrived back in River City port at 8.40 pm (20 minutes early). I think everyone was grateful. Most plates were taken away full. This thing is beyond bad.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

The free fruit was adequate. Too much emphasis to make us taste the local whiskey. We couldn't hear or understand the guide. Floating market was two women peddling their wares in canoes. Not worth the money at all.