All reviews wong wian yai one device at a time wet market swimming pool silom line health club kitchen area choose this hotel per night stayed here for nights fridge meters tolls thailand sathorn
Reviewed 30 December 2017

Lucked out getting a room right beside the (fast) wifi. They showed us 2 rooms, one on either side. Pool/parking lot side smelled musky, but the other room on the alley side was fine. We actually rented another room for guests, which had slight improvements in some areas, and in others, our room was better (updated fridge vs older tea kettle).

Great location, in the middle of a leather, bags & fabric district. Great location for any craftsperson, not too far away from Sathorn. Extremely close to BTS (5 minute walk down the street). Staff was pleasant for the most part. 9/10 daily smiles ain't bad!

I'm giving this solid 3 Star hotel/apartment a hard 4 stars, because they have great price on month-to-month rentals, the huge pool is a 5 star amenity, although the staff forced my pregnant wife into a used bikini instead of the shorts and tshirt we had just purchased a block away. The rooms are solid 3s, but it's clean, with cleaning service twice a week if you stay monthly. utilities weren't too bad, under 2000 for 1 month IIRC (AC always on). The room was on the smaller side, but we had a ton of boxes crammed in there as we were moving. Small size wasn't a bother, saves money from getting the upgrade. Again, the pool was amazing, you'll be hard pressed to find a larger one for cheaper.

Room tip: Alley Side Rooms have less musky smell. Get a room close to wifi unit.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank axethrowbkk
Reviewed 15 December 2017

The most important pro of this place is without a doubt the swimming pool you can use as a guest of this hotel. Especially after some sightseeing on a hot day in the city, it's a great place to relax a little. The pool is big and clean. The room we had was a bit worn out though, but still functionable and very spacious. Breakfast is offered in a restaurant within the same complex for a relatively high price. Be aware that not all tuktuk- and taxi drivers can find this place easily from the city centre. Sometimes it took us quite some time to get home. If you want to be close to most highlights of Bangkok, this isn't your best choice. It's a nice place to experience the local vibe though, with some nice wet markets around the corner. Wifi was only available for one device at a time.

Date of stay: February 2017
1  Thank BeG122
Reviewed 3 December 2017

This is a health club but the hotel attached is separate. Excellently situated on the west side of Bangkok with a 15 minutes ride by tuktuk to the heart of town. The girls in reception were so helpful and kind. in the evenings the streets around the hotel come alive with street food (not the best but practical) during the ay those streets are changed to a very lively market. The hotel free swimming pool is an attractive asset on a hot day. We will definitely re-book there on our next visit.

Room tip: our triple room was good, shower was 6/10 for being old fashion, sink on balcony to wash your smalls !
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank fvmm2017
Reviewed 17 November 2017

As the other reviews indicate, this property is pure lower class.

Their website specifically indicated a bulk rate for laundry. As I was staying there for a month, I told them when I checked in that I wanted to purchase the laundry package. The check in girl didn't know what I was talking about. I showed her the website and the laundry information. She said she didn't know anything about that and would check on it. I asked again a few times over the next several days and she still didn't know.
When I checked out after a month I was given individual laundry bills - way higher than the bulk rate. I told them I had asked for the bulk rate package. I was told the website was a mistake. I asked them to honor the price, as that's what I had spoken to them about several times - they refused to do so.

Additionally, the electric rates are a scam. I had two coworkers also staying here and their bills were also insanely high - and they rarely used AC. When I asked for the details and questioned it - "no English"! Serious scam/theft.

There are plenty of other good properties in the area. Stay away from Aiyapura and their dishonest business practices.

Room tip: Don't stay here!
Date of stay: September 2017
3  Thank tiggerhunt
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Nice swimming pool the metro is 10 minute walk away along dangerous and narrow one weigh street. One of the more crappier areas of Bangkok. Present management is contemptuous of foreigners but likes their money. And the very pretty receptionist staff makes too many mistakes when computing bills. Always make mistakes when computing monthly water and electricity totals. Nightly rooms used to be 600 baht. Now around 900. Too expensive. Fast elevator

Room tip: 6th floor better
Date of stay: October 2016