“Comfort Food for the Soul”
Review of Eats Payao

Eats Payao
Reserve with Chope
Eats Payao is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,496 of 12,636 Restaurants in Bangkok
Neighbourhood: Sathorn
Neighbourhood: Sathorn
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

REVIEW: Eats Payao Home-Bar Kitchen

After a blip on my journey to better health, I felt an urgent need for comfort food. Instead of the usual fare, I decided to check a friend's new menu out - Singaporean Food. Don't know whether he realised a discerning palate was descending on his restaurant but so I did.

Finding my way to Eats Payao was a cinch with the help of Google Maps. Hint: It's a 3-storey townhouse; with orange pillars out front and it's next to a 7-eleven. We were the first patrons of the day and hence, had the luxury of taking in the interesting menu, rustic decor and charming ambience.

Stress Test: Ordering on a whim without looking at the menu - Lime Juice. Closest item on the menu was Lime Soda. Staff was only to happy to make my special order.

Food Ordered:
1. Fried Hokkien Prawn Noodles
There are basically 2 interpretations to this dish; a soggy version and a moist one. Eats Payao serves the latter version; which is my preference and also harder to prepare. The portion was generous, ingredients very fresh and the taste, spot on!
Rating: 10/10
2. Nasi Lemak
Again, there are different interpretations to this dish. At Eats Payao, sink your teeth into a tender and juicy fried chicken thigh and leg, crispy peanuts and ikan bills, a fried egg; sunny side up, aromatic and delicious coconut rice, freshly sliced cucumber and sambal. The taste, almost to perfection! The sambal; personally, lacks that killer-punch.
Rating: 9.9/10

Takeaway: 3 curry chicken puffs (review pending - still too full 5 hours after!)

Overall: A most delightful dining experience!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This is truly one of the best Khao Soi in Bangkok, if you don’t know what it is? Try it!
The owners (Gav & Khae) are also great hosts. Step in and feel like home.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Since the moved location and now it s close to my house - easy to reach from Sathorn Soi 1 located at Soi Yenakart I was impressed by the Presentation , Price and most important the TASTE !!!
Very friendly staff and owner !!!

i deffintley will be back with my friends to enjoy tasty authentic northern style thai food

A place not to be missed !!! Recommend you to make a reservation as the have just a few tables !!!!

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

The Khao Soi (they're famous for this) and pork belly curry are mind blowing. Wings are not too shabby either. I could not eat it fast enough.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

My daughter's friends meet weekly for the Khao Soi (coconut curry soup) served here. We got to join them twice while visiting and it is the BEST Khao Soi we've eaten anywhere--complex flavors, rich texture, spicy but not too spicy...perfect. Very friendly owner who speaks English fluently. Beer on draft is cold and reasonably priced as is the food. Place is small, clean and worth the taxi ride.