All reviewsnana plazaquiet endnight lifestandard roomrooftop poolthe red light districtgreat hotelclean roomsgreat showermini barhotel is locatedbed was comfortablebreakfast includeddecent sizegreat poolnice staynice room
Reviewed 31 January 2012

This hotel although a bit expensive for the budget traveller but is well located for those looking to be close to nana entertainment plaza. The hotel itself is excellent, rooms are clean and modern with both smoking and non smoking rooms. They have cable tv, mini bar, 24 hour room service and a safe in the room. I enjoyed my stay in this hotel and the staff were very friendly. There is no joining fee for guests.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Ciaranmca
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Currently staying in this hotel. Am here for three days on business. Am staying in the hotels suite which is just superb. Room is well presented with nice furnishings with a great view of the swimming pool and cityscape. It aldo has it's own terrace as well. Room I consider is very good value but that applies for all room types available and the location is great. You are very near the action but the rooms are quiet. I will definitely stay at this boutique hotel again should I visit Bangkok again. Back to London on Monday....! Damn.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank 1879fulham
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I travel to Bangkok quite often and have been staying in various hotel in Sukumvit area. By chance, I ended up staying in THE DAWIN 2 years ago and have been staying there on all my subsequent visits to Bangkok.
LOCATION: The hotel is ideally located on SOI 4, Sukumvit, the same soi on which we have the famous NANA Plaza. The street is crowded, full of bars, restaurants and massage parlors. Seven Eleven, Pizza, Indian food, Sea Food (seven seas), Laundry - all available within 100 meters from the hotel.
CHECK-IN: usually, there is no one from the hotel to help you with the luggage and you are expected to carry your bags on your own to the reception area. Though, if you request them, they will definitely help. The checkin process is very smooth and front desk staffs are very efficient.
ROOMS: there are 3 types of rooms - standard, superior and suite. They have only 1 suite. it is worth checking out the suite has a wonderful balcony which can serve as good place to relax or spend the evening with your loved ones. Difference between standard and superior room is that of size, all other facilities remain the same.
RESTAURANT: there is only one restaurant in the lobby area which serves Thai and Western food. The quality of food is good, though you have much better choice in other nearby restaurants, the service is very good - fast and efficient!!
STAFF: The staff is very helpful and co-operative.

WIFI: they have a very good wifi in lobby area. WIFI works in the rooms too, but the signal is lil weak.

WHO SHOULD NOT STAY THERE:
1.Family with kids should avoid staying in any hotel on SOI 4 as hotels here are targeted at solo travelers. The bar in front of the hotel is noisy and staff keep on shouting and calling you even if you are standing on the gate of the hotel. This might be amusing for a single traveler but is embarrassing for family with kids.
2. Fitness freaks: as there is no fitness centre in the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the back side as rooms facing the main road can be noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Not so much a review - more an apology to the Dawin Management. On my last visit I mentioned the cockroach that decided to run about my room; what I was unable to mention (either through my own IT biffness or Tripadvisors inability to let people edit their own reviews - I would like to think it was the latter, but rather suspect the former!) was thatthe management PM'd me within 24 hours to apologise, ask which room and where the roach went. Shortly afterwards another email from Dawin confirmed they had found the offending beastie and had checked all the other rooms.

Responses like this only increase my admiration for the hotel and a subsequent stay in January 2012 confirm a roach-free stay. Well done Dawin Management and staff!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Soloposhbloke
Reviewed 29 December 2011

The hotel is well located on Soi 4 far enough away from the majority of madness around NEP. The staff were very helpful with any questions I had and even advised me to buy a SIM card from the 7-Eleven over using the hotel's phone for international calls.

Best of all, the room was really quiet at night time, so sleeping was possible and I didn't get woken up frequently by outside noises. Moreover, the room was nice and clean and well appointed for a weary traveler. I didn't wake up with any strange bites on my backside as happened at another nearby hotel a couple of months ago (bedbugs I suspect), which was a heck of a relief.

I was a little disappointed that breakfast wasn't included in the price. Nonetheless, I ate in the restaurant on a couple of occasions. The food was okay, but not what I would want to order again.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in this area and have no reservations about staying there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo